Minor/Independent/Collegiate League Baseball Logo/Uniform Changes

BigMac12

It’s not the royal and gold per se that I associate with Seattle, but all those extra outlines. 

The Brewers never went in for extra outlines. Even when they put a gold-outlined logo against a gold cap. 

spacer.png

Would have been easy to throw a blue outline around that logo, but that wasn’t the Brewers’ style. 

Seattle on the other hand, when they had the same colors, went in for extraneous outlines. 

spacer.pngspacer.png

So this cap, much as I love it, looks a little Mariner-y to me because of that extra blue outline.  Blue letter with gold outline and blue external outline, just like that 1990s Mariners jersey.

spacer.png

Lids should have used a white exterior outline around that “M” instead of blue.  At least that would have some historical resonance with the Brewers’ historical design philosophy. 

spacer.png

• Like 1

Rochester Red Wings to wear sign language jerseys on Deaf Culture Day

March 6, 2019 - 11:33 AM

The Triple-A Rochester Red Wings will commemorate Deaf Culture Day with specialty jerseys and caps. The uniform set replaces the word Red Wings across the chest of the jersey and the R featured on the cap with illustrations of hands […]

Read More...

Louisville Bats to play as Derby City Mint Juleps

March 7, 2019 - 19:19 PM

Every time it seems that the wave of food-based promotional identities in minor league baseball has played itself out, along comes the perfect team with the perfect promotion to draw me back in. Today it’s the Louisville Bats rebranding as […]

Read More...

• Like 1

Jumbo Shrimp to fight crime in style on Vice Night

March 7, 2019 - 23:33 PM

The Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp, Double-A affiliate of the Miami Marlins, will play a game dressed as inimitable and iconic Crockett and Tubbs (well, more Crockett than Tubbs). In a promotional schedule that includes such gems as World’s Largest Outdoor Cocktail […]

Read More...

I like the Vice look, but I don't like the cap logo since it's based off of their flawed alternate logo. That logo has the shrimp facing in the opposite direction, so then it no longer makes a J. I'm not a fan of the backwards J.

spacer.png

The Futures Collegiate Baseball League expansion franchise that has been granted to Westfield, Massachusetts has unveiled its identity. The team will be known as the Westfield Starfires.

The name is a nod to the fact that Barnes Air National Guard Base - located at Westfield's Barnes Municipal Airport - is home to the 104th Fighter Wing of the Massachusetts Air National Guard. From 1954 to 1957, members of the unit flew Lockheed F-94A jet aircraft, the first operational U.S. Air Force fighters to be equipped with afterburners, and precursor to the F-94C Starfire variant.

Kz7xXaTl.png

The Futures Collegiate Baseball League expansion franchise that has been granted to Westfield, Massachusetts has unveiled its identity. The team will be known as the Westfield Starfires.

The name is a nod to the fact that Barnes Air National Guard Base - located at Westfield's Barnes Municipal Airport - is home to the 104th Fighter Wing of the Massachusetts Air National Guard. From 1954 to 1957, members of the unit flew Lockheed F-94A jet aircraft, the first operational U.S. Air Force fighters to be equipped with afterburners, and precursor to the F-94C Starfire variant.

Kz7xXaTl.png

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, hormone said:

I see these are being worn twice. Will the pink cap be worn as well or is it just a fashion, additional money grab?

Isn't it ALL a money grab? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 hours ago, Brian in Boston said:

Kz7xXaTl.png

😍 love it!

spacer.png

Last updated 2/26