CCSLC Ad-Free Experience Available

Ad-Free Experience Now Available

Please read the below before signing up, thanks!

So, as you all know, the ads have been necessary because they pay for the server and software fees. What you may not know is that the earnings from the ads are based entirely on the amount of times any of these ads load, they don't pay a flat monthly fee, if you're browsing 100 pages per day this means you have been generating 100 pages worth of ad earnings because you're loading that many ads (thank you). However, there's a downside to that, the monthly server fees are ALSO affected by how many page loads there are.

If we remove ads from every one of your page loads this improves your experience considerably, but it results in the loss of all of those ad earnings and does not change the fact that those pageload-affected server costs remain the same. Simply put, without the ad earnings, your use of the site costs me money. In an attempt to offset that loss as much as possible, I am now offering an option in which you can contribute each month approximately what your usual ad earnings would have been in exchange for removing ads from your account while browsing the forums. This price I've set this at is basically the minimum that I think we can make this work, I wanted to make sure it was priced at a point that you'd realistically consider signing up for the option -- there is a voluntary option when signing up to increase what you pay if you would like to contribute more, which obviously will be extremely appreciated but note that it is totally unnecessary.

Things to know:

• This is a recurring monthly fee which will be charged and handled by Patreon
  • The ads will only be removed from the CCSLC, you will still see ads on the logos site and the news section (I'd love to offer tiered options to remove ads from all three but I'm just not sure it's technically possible to do so! I have been discussing this possibility with people smarter than me, stay tuned)
  • Because Patreon and the board software can't communicate with each other, if your Patreon email address or name doesn't match what you use on the boards, I'll need you to let me know you signed up and what information you used so I can get you all set up here. Implementing your ad-free experience is being done manually, one user at a time, by me and me alone, so there will be a delay between the time you signed up and when your ads are removed - my goal is to keep this delay to just a few minutes but if you sign up while I'm sleeping or driving or taking my kids to school you may have to wait a wee bit longer.

You can sign up using the Patreon link below, thank you all for your patience and your support!

https://www.patreon.com/sportslogos

• Like 12

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

4 minutes ago, CC97 said:

Ad-Free Experience Now Available

Please read the below before signing up, thanks!

So, as you all know, the ads have been necessary because they pay for the server and software fees. What you may not know is that the earnings from the ads are based entirely on the amount of times any of these ads load, they don't pay a flat monthly fee, if you're browsing 100 pages per day this means you have been generating 100 pages worth of ad earnings because you're loading that many ads (thank you). However, there's a downside to that, the monthly server fees are ALSO affected by how many page loads there are.

If we remove ads from every one of your page loads this improves your experience considerably, but it results in the loss of all of those ad earnings and does not change the fact that those pageload-affected server costs remain the same. Simply put, without the ad earnings, your use of the site costs me money. In an attempt to offset that loss as much as possible, I am now offering an option in which you can contribute each month approximately what your usual ad earnings would have been in exchange for removing ads from your account while browsing the forums. This price I've set this at is basically the minimum that I think we can make this work, I wanted to make sure it was priced at a point that you'd realistically consider signing up for the option -- there is a voluntary option when signing up to increase what you pay if you would like to contribute more, which obviously will be extremely appreciated but note that it is totally unnecessary.

Things to know:

• This is a recurring monthly fee which will be charged and handled by Patreon
  • The ads will only be removed from the CCSLC, you will still see ads on the logos site and the news section (I'd love to offer tiered options to remove ads from all three but I'm just not sure it's technically possible to do so! I have been discussing this possibility with people smarter than me, stay tuned)
  • Because Patreon and the board software can't communicate with each other, if your Patreon email address or name doesn't match what you use on the boards, I'll need you to let me know you signed up and what information you used so I can get you all set up here. Implementing your ad-free experience is being done manually, one user at a time, by me and me alone, so there will be a delay between the time you signed up and when your ads are removed - my goal is to keep this delay to just a few minutes but if you sign up while I'm sleeping or driving or taking my kids to school you may have to wait a wee bit longer.

You can sign up using the Patreon link below, thank you all for your patience and your support!

https://www.patreon.com/sportslogos

I'm signed up, babay.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47tp77awsg9qvcn2qzki

• Like 7
"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• CS85 pinned this topic

Just signed up.  

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm in too but I'm one of those pesky people who have mismatching emails.

PM sent with the info. 

• Like 1

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

59 minutes ago, Jer15 said:

I'm in too but I'm one of those pesky people who have mismatching emails.

PM sent with the info. 

40 minutes ago, DiePerske said:

It’s so nice being on my phone and not worrying about ads. 

You're both set up now, thanks!

• Like 2

---

Chris Creamer

Signed up as well.

EDIT: well, kind of. Payment is failing. Maybe I'm too broke for CCSLC :(

EDIT: @CC97 I think I fixed it. Can you let me know if it went through?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Signed up as well.

EDIT: well, kind of. Payment is failing. Maybe I'm too broke for CCSLC :(

EDIT: @CC97 I think I fixed it. Can you let me know if it went through?

I think so, does your email address start with a ds?

---

Chris Creamer

29 minutes ago, CC97 said:

I think so, does your email address start with a ds?

Yep. It went through!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I've bought in. I definitely get seven dollars' worth of use out of this website, and there's no way I contribute seven dollars' worth of content to it, so I view this as a solid investment.

• Like 3
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

3 hours ago, CC97 said:

Alright, everyone who's signed up should be all set now!

Oh my Gord, this is glorious.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.