2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

42 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Only thing you can blame Jerry for here is his choice of head coaches.

Wasting such a high pick on a RB?  It's stupid to draft a RB in the 1st round, and even dumber to do so in the top 5.

EDIT: also, while the buck stops with the HC, isn't Kellen Moore the dope that called that play?  And Cowboys fans seem to jizz in their pants whenever his name is brought up.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

18 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Wasting such a high pick on a RB?  It's stupid to draft a RB in the 1st round, and even dumber to do so in the top 5.

EDIT: also, while the buck stops with the HC, isn't Kellen Moore the dope that called that play?  And Cowboys fans seem to jizz in their pants whenever his name is brought up.

Good point. Also, I doubt Tom Brady would have been okay with a running play like that. He would have wanted to take his shots.

Much like Russ throwing it from the 1 in the Super Bowl, sometimes you need to try the obvious thing and live with the consequences. Team don't normally run the ball with 15 seconds left and no time outs for a reason.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

20 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Jerry drafted Zeke  because he didn’t pay DeMarco Murray(coming off a 1000 yard season) what he was worth a few seasons prior.

But, yeah, for all the acclaim Moore gets (and rightfully so), he did call that play. And some fans want him to be the next head coach. The last time we let an OC be our head coach, we went 8-8 for ten seasons.

20 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Jerry drafted Zeke  because he didn’t pay DeMarco Murray(coming off a 1000 yard season) what he was worth a few seasons prior.

That's a really dumb reason to waste the #4 pick in the draft.  RBs just aren't worth it.  The difference between a great and good RB isn't really that much, and even less if you invest in the line.  You can get serviceable RBs in the 3rd-5th round and pay them next to nothing, then just replace them.  Having a RB that gets paid a lot and a QB that gets paid a lot can't work.  One of them  needs to always be on a rookie deal.

Think the Giants regret wasting the #2 pick in the draft on a RB?  It's just dumb, and shows that Jerry Jones is lost in the '80s.

• Like 7

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The other thing about wasting a top 10 pick on an RB is that they can never really live up to that spot. Unless you're getting 1,500 yards and ten TDs a season, that level pick is almost always better spent on a QB, a lineman, or a WR.

It's sad to see the economics of football devalue RBs, especially since it's such a fun position and we all fondly remember Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. But it kind of is what it is at this point.

• Like 7

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

15 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The Steelers are going to go with Mason Rudolph next year aren't they?

Until halfway through the season, then they'll hand it t whomever they pick in the draft. 

16 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

If the Colts or Chargers hadn't :censored:ed up, we wouldn't even be subjected to this slaughter lmfao

It would still be a slaughter, the only difference would be the opponent. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The other thing about wasting a top 10 pick on an RB is that they can never really live up to that spot. Unless you're getting 1,500 yards and ten TDs a season, that level pick is almost always better spent on a QB, a lineman, or a WR.

It's sad to see the economics of football devalue RBs, especially since it's such a fun position and we all fondly remember Barry Sanders and Walter Payton. But it kind of is what it is at this point.

Also, unless you're the beneficiary of a shrewd trade, you're drafting top 5 because you blow, so going for a luxury like a RB is exceptionally dumb.

Also - Steven Jones said that McCarthy is coming back next season, so there's that. 

Nick Foles personally has more playoff victories than the Cowboys do in the past 25 years!

• Like 4

It's wild to think the Cowboys' problem is the coaches or the players. They've all come and gone, all with similar results. There has been ONE constant within the Dallas organization. But he isn't firing himself anytime soon.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

It seems as if Jerry signed a deal with the devil to be able to buy the Cowboys, win 3 Super Bowl’s quickly but the pay back was utter ineptitude for the next 50 years and to lose playoff games in the most bizarre, incredible ways imaginable. 

Think about some of these bizarre Cowboy playoff losses (and there’s plenty to chose from). You have Romo’s field goal hold botch (hasn’t happened in a playoff game since), Dez Bryant’s catch/no catch, Rodgers converted a damn 3rd and forever on a sideline tiptoe catch (still Jared Cook’s best catch of his career), and now last night, the Cowboys literally running out of time on a bizarre QB draw call.

Y’all remember how the sunlight was shining through the endzone windows in Jerry World? Yeah apparently those windows have curtains just for the purpose of blocking the sun during certain times of the day, but Jerry refuses to have them closed because he likes how it looks..  I wish I was making that up. 

The Cowboys set a playoff futility record last night for the most consecutive playoff games without a single game being in a conference championship. 

It starts and ends with Jerry, and his damned ego. The Cowboys won’t win a thing until he backs off and let’s football guys actually run the team. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Sad thing is, things won't get better even when Jerry leaves for that big owner's box in the sky. 

It will just be passed down to his son who, make no mistake, will be every bit as egotistical as his dad.  Raised to make the same exact mistakes his dad did. 

Bears & Lions also have the same problem. Though at least those teams have a better chance of being sold to owners that would actually give a crap about winning.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Y’all remember how the sunlight was shining through the endzone windows in Jerry World? Yeah apparently those windows have curtains just for the purpose of blocking the sun during certain times of the day, but Jerry refuses to have them closed because he likes how it looks..  I wish I was making that up. 

Does make for some incredible photos, though. 

gty_492302520_76677326.jpg

• Like 2

IUe6Hvh.png

42 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

Sad thing is, things won't get better even when Jerry leaves for that big owner's box in the sky. 

It will just be passed down to his son who, make no mistake, will be every bit as egotistical as his dad.  Raised to make the same exact mistakes his dad did. 

Bears & Lions also have the same problem. Though at least those teams have a better chance of being sold to owners that would actually give a crap about winning.  

The odds of successful transitions of ownership from fathers to dimwitted sons isn't very good. I give you exhibit A for example: 

spacer.png

• Like 3

I still can't believe that's an actual real person and not a movie character.  

• Like 10

12 minutes ago, BBTV said:

I still can't believe that's an actual real person and not a movie character.  

tumblr_m03eg1qxMC1qc67tzo2_500.gif

• Like 9