2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

37 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

My condolences, @BBTV, but can you please explain to me how this sorry-ass football team got into the playoffs?

Someone had to take the seven slot. 

• Like 6

Slime came to Nickelodeon via the great Canadian sketch comedy show You Can't Do That on Television. YCDTOTV was brilliant and subversive for its time, and set the standard for Nick shows that seemed fun on the surface, but had some depth to them. I'm thinking of Doug, Ren and Stimpy, Pete and Pete, All That, and, presumably, SpongeBob.

I don't watch Nickelodeon anymore, but for those who do -- what are their current linkages to slime? Is it just something that happens?

I watched 5 minutes of the Nick preshow and it's too much for me, but those 5 minutes were good for a slight boost of nostalgia, so there's that. Anyone watch Pinwheel? I loved that show.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Nickelodeon gave us all sorts of things that were “fun with depth.” Hey Arnold, SpongeBob seasons 1-3 (the classic Simpsons of later millennials/Gen Z), and the closest thing North America has to a shonen series.

spacer.png

There were also the live-action sitcoms headed up by one of Hollywood’s biggest creeps - Dan Schneider. He and John K are a dark part of the network’s history, the latter making Ren & Stimpy near-impossible to watch.

I think slime is just a weird legacy part of the network.

• Like 1

It's too bad the Nick game is competing with a Tony Romo broadcast. Romo's a top three broadcaster, so I can't stick with Nick for too long. I do like knowing that Eli Mitchell's favorite school lunch is sandwiches, which is something you just can't learn on the main networks.

• Like 7

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Do people normally wear so much white to Cowboys games? Makes the stands look weirdly empty.

49ers/Cowboys is a really beautiful matchup. I'm partial to Bills/Chiefs, but this one is way up there.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont care said:

Eh this isn’t on mike McCarthy, this is just the 9ers coming to play. Cowboys got no answers for them right now

Don't you know it's the coaches and referees who determine the actual outcome? Not one of the 53 players are ever to blame!

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

Nickelodeon broadcasters describing the NVP trophy: "It is real, it is spectacular..."

I see you there, Nickelodeon. That's one of the parents.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

My condolences, @BBTV, but can you please explain to me how this sorry-ass football team got into the playoffs?

I'm not sure I understand your question.  They got into the playoffs by winning enough games - just like every other team did. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."