2021 NFL Season - Adults Arguing About Matt Stafford

1 hour ago, DoctorWhom said:

Or they could have just moved this game to Monday night where no one would watch it anyway.

As long as this foolishness continues, Monday is going to be a 4-5 matchup probably to make sure there's no impact on divisional round scheduling.

• Like 1
On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

5 minutes ago, Cujo said:

Steelers fans hoping they trade for a guy with similar traits..

ErzSPTCUwAIejBZ?format=jpg&name=small

Nobody is going to trade for him until his legal issues are resolved and even then he'll probably be suspended by the NFL, so they might as well stick with Mason Rudolph.

1 minute ago, GDAWG said:

Nobody is going to trade for him until his legal issues are resolved and even then he'll probably be suspended by the NFL, so they might as well stick with Mason Rudolph.

The Steelers stood by Ben.

• Like 4

6uXNWAo.png

4 minutes ago, Cujo said:

The Steelers stood by Ben.

I can't see the Steelers outbidding Dolphins or Panthers and maybe even the Broncos for Watson.  I suspect that the moment Russell Wilson demands a trade, the Steelers will be in that instead.  Ditto for Aaron Rodgers.

What's the Steelers cap situation for next season? 

They definitely don't have the assets for a trade (unless they're dumb enough to get rid of TJ Watt), so buying a QB is they're only alternative. Though they aren't exactly the most appealing destination either. Team has A LOT more holes than QB. 

2 hours ago, Cujo said:

🤡

Pretty disappointed to hear him say that. The league’s most penalized team can’t be complaining about the refs in this situation. 

McCarthy has got to go. Never heard Dak ever complain about the refs in his whole career until this season.  Nor have I heard  the other players complain about officials as much as they did this season. The head coach allowed that to fester and to be said, seeing as he complained about the refs throughout the season himself.

No accountability on the Cowboys, they always blamed everyone but themselves. Only a few players like Micah and other defensive players took any ownership of their faults consistently this season. 

• Like 7

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Dak's a loser.  He may have turned out to be the ultimate winner in the "Wentz vs Dak" debate, but at the end of the day he's a loser and will have the same career that Tony Romo did.  Best to move him now while he's at the peak of his value.

Oh, and this.  First there was the fight between cockroach Cowboys fans where the food vendor jumped out into the concourse to get involved, now this.  I love it.  Wonder if these Cowboys fans even live in Texas, or if they're like the rest of them that have absolutely zero local connection to the team.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Jason and Travis Kelce's mom was able to attend both of their playoff games yesterday.  With Jason being a likely HOFer, and Travis heading in that direction, makes me wonder how many biological brothers are in the HOF.  I'm sure it's an easy Google search to find out, but eh.

https://www.fox29.com/news/nfl-mom-donna-kelce-travels-to-both-jason-travis-games-sunday?taid=61e57d71f1d6a5000191b3a3&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The fact that Cardinals-Rams will easily be the worst looking matchup of the weekend and will be called by the worst announcing crew of the weekend (sorry guys, Ian Eagle may be boring but I at least associate his voice with NFL football. Steve Levy is just the latest fill-in play by play guy that ESPN asked to try and revive the corpse of Monday Night Football. He sounds utterly disinterested the majority of the time) has really dampened my excitement for what should in theory be one of the more exciting games of the weekend. Of course, we all thought Bills-Pats was going to be a good game too and look where that got us. 

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, Crabcake said:

The fact that Cardinals-Rams will easily be the worst looking matchup of the weekend and will be called by the worst announcing crew of the weekend (sorry guys, Ian Eagle may be boring but I at least associate his voice with NFL football. Steve Levy is just the latest fill-in play by play guy that ESPN asked to try and revive the corpse of Monday Night Football. He sounds utterly disinterested the majority of the time) has really dampened my excitement for what should in theory be one of the more exciting games of the weekend. Of course, we all thought Bills-Pats was going to be a good game too and look where that got us. 

Like most here, I'm hoping that the Cardinals put in for changes two years ago and will be rolling out new uniforms this offseason.  Not getting my hopes up.  

Looking at the updated brackets, the winner of tonight's game and the Titans will easily be the worst-dressed teams remaining in the tournament, and would make for one of - if not the - worst SBs of all time.  As much as I hope Aaron Rodgers has to be carted off the field with marrow pouring out all over the place, if it means protecting us from one of tonight's teams making it, I'll reluctantly pull for him.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, BBTV said:

Jason and Travis Kelce's mom was able to attend both of their playoff games yesterday.  With Jason being a likely HOFer, and Travis heading in that direction, makes me wonder how many biological brothers are in the HOF.  I'm sure it's an easy Google search to find out, but eh.

https://www.fox29.com/news/nfl-mom-donna-kelce-travels-to-both-jason-travis-games-sunday?taid=61e57d71f1d6a5000191b3a3&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=trueanthem&utm_source=twitter

Terry and Dory Funk. Jerry and Jack Brisco. Afa and Sika.

EDIT: On that theme, fat dudes fighting each other at football games will always be funny to me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

8 hours ago, Wings2 said:

There's one giant :censored:ing problem with the Cowboys and it's never going away: Jerry Jones

Only thing you can blame Jerry for here is his choice of head coaches. This team had all the talent in the world, but was undisciplined and unprepared when facing above .500 teams. I've never questioned Dak's leadership up until now. McCarthy got one ring with Golden Boy, and Jerry thought this was a good idea.

4 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Only thing you can blame Jerry for here is his choice of head coaches. This team had all the talent in the world, but was undisciplined and unprepared when facing above .500 teams. I've never questioned Dak's leadership up until now. McCarthy got one ring with Golden Boy, and Jerry thought this was a good idea.

A fish rots from the head.  Jerry was jealous that Jimmy Johnson got all the credit, and has been trying to prove he was the guy who created those Aikman/Smith Superbowl teams for damn near 30 years. And all he's done is made it clear that that was Jimmy's team. He needs to get his hands off every aspect of that team except signing checks and grinning like a creepy skeleton from the press box.

• Like 11