MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

4 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Once again Atlanta is the golden boy and everyone else should feel honored to be in their presence. Surprised LAFC didn't get a third as well, then both teams that MLS and the media slobber over would have one (and maybe play each other both wearing them).

It's based on kit sales, apparently. But still, it's dumb to only have one team have a third kit. You can't build enthusiasm across the league for third kits by just having one team get them. 

I can see having a limited group of teams, but just one is pretty lame.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, dannykraft said:

I'm disappointed that the crew are jumping on the all white kit wagon after everyone else has made the mistake 

To be fair they just had a change in ownership so maybe this is the last one/jersey part of the Predcourt era? idk

6 minutes ago, TacoCat83 said:

To be fair they just had a change in ownership so maybe this is the last one/jersey part of the Predcourt era? idk

Probably, at least it won't have queso and mustard/ketchup stains on it. At least intentionally designed stains, that is. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

A question I’ve had is why did Precourt commission a Crew rebrand if he was just going to move the team from the start, anyway?

(for the record I quite like current Crew badge, and apart from that weird mustard-stain kit I think their kits in this period have been pretty good, if repetitive and samey.)

That does make me suspect that any new white kits could be blamed on the new ownership regime.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

8 minutes ago, Digby said:

A question I’ve had is why did Precourt commission a Crew rebrand if he was just going to move the team from the start, anyway?

(for the record I quite like current Crew badge, and apart from that weird mustard-stain kit I think their kits in this period have been pretty good, if repetitive and samey.)

That does make me suspect that any new white kits could be blamed on the new ownership regime.

The new owners did also float changing things up again before fans said, "Black and yellow or we riot". So the uniform could be there's but the badge didn't change. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

44 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

The new owners did also float changing things up again before fans said, "Black and yellow or we riot". So the uniform could be there's but the badge didn't change. 

Yea the rumor was an increase of white so all white would make sense. I think a black jersy is perfect clash kit for the crew but if they wanted a white kit it should replace black, not yellow. 

PH-302109856.jpg&maxW=900&maxH=900&cachePH-302109856.jpg

Columbus did have some dated-but-decent white kits in the early MLS years, certainly miles better than that incoherent primary-color explosion from a couple years ago. But I'd rather them not do that again unless third kits come back, because I reeeeeally don't like yellow vs. white kit matchups. Booting the yellow jersey solves that problem, but at the expense of being Crewlike.

Just now, Digby said:

Columbus did have some dated-but-decent white kits in the early MLS years, certainly miles better than that incoherent primary-color explosion from a couple years ago. But I'd rather them not do that again unless third kits come back, because I reeeeeally don't like yellow vs. white kit matchups. Booting the yellow jersey solves that problem, but at the expense of being Crewlike.

Yea I'm really not against the crew in white, this one is one of my favorite crew jersey's ever 

columbus-crew-away-shirt.jpg

10 hours ago, dannykraft said:

Yea I'm really not against the crew in white, this one is one of my favorite crew jersey's ever 

columbus-crew-away-shirt.jpg

I really want to like this.  The color balance is great. 

But all I can see is a someone wearing a strapless wedding dress over a striped jersey. 

12 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I think if Columbus wants to do a white kit, then they should go for a yellow and black striped or hooped kit. I think it’d look great. But the vast majority of the time should be a yellow primary paired with a black secondary kit.

Gosh, if this year was just a holding pattern in advance of a yellow/black bumblebee kit for 2022, all would be forgiven. Not that they're looking for my approval, someone who's not even a fan of the team, but yeah. Given the color scheme and the Ohio teams representing the Germany Pavilion in the MLS World's Fair, the Crew seem like ideal candidates to follow the playing-with-patterns model on their primary looks. They've at least done a few broad chest stripe looks here and there, but it's been a long while.

38 minutes ago, Digby said:

Gosh, if this year was just a holding pattern in advance of a yellow/black bumblebee kit for 2022, all would be forgiven. Not that they're looking for my approval, someone who's not even a fan of the team, but yeah. Given the color scheme and the Ohio teams representing the Germany Pavilion in the MLS World's Fair, the Crew seem like ideal candidates to follow the playing-with-patterns model on their primary looks. They've at least done a few broad chest stripe looks here and there, but it's been a long while.

Still really want to see how a Croatia style black and gold kit would in action. Has never looked good in mock ups but would be very unique at least. 

20 hours ago, Digby said:

I'd like a new version of the 1996 away but I know it'll have a better chance of looking like a monochrome version of Arsenal's murder kit.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived