MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

That Miami kit looks fine. But I can't see anything from that franchise without being reminded of the colossal missed opportunity to embrace pink for all its worth. Even on an all-black jersey that pink is so faint that it could be mistaken for off-white from a distance. 

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BC985 said:

I feel like I remember reading they would be getting a new shirt sponsor, but I cannot find a mention of it.

The only original LAFC naming rights deal that I'd heard was categorically changing was Banc of California's branding on the stadium. That naming rights deal was scheduled to end on December 31, 2020. According to the initial announcement that was made last May, the bank "will continue to serve as LAFC's primary banking partner and remain a partner on other collaborations but will eventually take its name off the stadium."

McDonald's of Southern California became the "Official Marketing Partner of LAFC Gaming" last week, the first ever corporate sponsor of said portion of the club's portfolio. 

0NYfU2Ll.jpg?1

When it comes to jerseys, LAFC really doesn't want my discretionary income. The "linen" color of this new away kit may end up looking terrific, but the LOS ANGELES looping around the cuffs is a deal-breaker.

As for Inter Miami, it's a shame that pink remains nothing more than an accent in their kits. They should have owned pink as the primary color in one of their jerseys from the get-go.  

Inter-Miami-CF-MLS-vs-LAFC.jpg 

Inter_Miami_CF_Training_Jersey_Pink_GK9748_21_model.jpg

Is the shade of pink on Miami's 2020 kits the same as the one they use on their 2021 training range? Put another way, does that color only look like dog :censored:e when paired with mostly white and is actually salvageble with black trim, or did they use a different shade this year?

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

That looks a lot more saturated to me. Much better but still not ideal. Their pink is much too muted and washed out. I could hardly ever tell their kit wasn’t solid white let alone see the pink adidas stripes, logos, etc. They nailed the crest but completely blew the colors. Miami should own the color pink. Real pink. None of that fake pink from last year.

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

Inter-Miami-CF-MLS-vs-LAFC.jpg 

Inter_Miami_CF_Training_Jersey_Pink_GK9748_21_model.jpg

Is the shade of pink on Miami's 2020 kits the same as the one they use on their 2021 training range? Put another way, does that color only look like dog :censored:e when paired with mostly white and is actually salvageble with black trim, or did they use a different shade this year?

It’s a slightly more saturated shade this year. The 2020 kits and training range used “Clear Pink”, while the new 2021 away kit and training range use “True Pink”. It’s an improvement, but the pink still needs to be even more saturated.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

This new line of “Kickoff Creator Performance T-Shirts” from Adidas may give some clues into more of this year’s kit designs:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For example, it’s already been reported that Colorado’s kit will feature that double green color scheme and Columbus’ kit will be white, so those two shirts definitely appear to relate to the new kits. And the shirts for Atlanta, Philly, and NYRB all have elements that can be found on their new kits. Atlanta’s has the five red pinstripes, Philly’s has the light blue color and yellow kite graphic, and NYRB’s has the white and grey checkered design:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A bunch of the shirts can be seen here:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=15108&catalogId=12301&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&fromPage=Search&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&pageSize=48&searchTerm=Adidas+Kickoff+Creator+Performance+T-Shirt&selectedStore=674&DSGsearchType=Keyword&advsearch=true&SearchType=Keyword&filterFacets=facetStore%3AISA%2CSHIP&selectedSort=6&pageNumber=0

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I wonder if "2001 MLS Cup Champions" there means they're throwing back to what they wore then (Google search suggests blue with white sleeves)

20ADIMMLSQKSKCKFFSJE?qlt=70&wid=1100&fmt

Are Cincinatti due to change their aways? The pinstriped text here looks... interesting 

20ADIMMLSFCCKCKFFFCC?qlt=70&wid=1100&fmt

1 hour ago, hendocfc said:

Are Cincinatti due to change their aways? The pinstriped text here looks... interesting 

20ADIMMLSFCCKCKFFFCC?qlt=70&wid=1100&fmt

They’re actually changing their primaries again this year, so it’ll be interesting to see if/how pinstripes are incorporated.

Changing subjects, it seems like the Whitecaps might be going with the retro-inspired hoop design again. Their version of the Kickoff creator shirt features the recolored NASL logo and their recent social media graphics have continued to use the hoop:

spacer.png

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

14 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

The flood gates have broken! The launch date must be any day now because we’re getting new leaks daily.

All the big name companies in Atlanta, and American Family Insurance is their sponsor... I still haven't gotten over that.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

1 hour ago, 29texan said:

All the big name companies in Atlanta, and American Family Insurance is their sponsor... I still haven't gotten over that.

I think the idea is for these companies to broaden their brand awareness into new markets. Coke, Home Depot, Delta, among others are already fully saturated in the Atlanta market with little to gain locally besides TV broadcast and media exposure nationally. There’s more bang for the buck for a company not headquartered in Atlanta who may be less known to expand their reach into a new area. Also, I’m pretty sure Coke tends to focus more on sponsoring leagues and events rather than individual teams.

1 hour ago, aawagner011 said:

I think the idea is for these companies to broaden their brand awareness into new markets. Coke, Home Depot, Delta, among others are already fully saturated in the Atlanta market with little to gain locally besides TV broadcast and media exposure nationally. There’s more bang for the buck for a company not headquartered in Atlanta who may be less known to expand their reach into a new area. Also, I’m pretty sure Coke tends to focus more on sponsoring leagues and events rather than individual teams.

I know... but still weird. 

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Archived