MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This new line of “Kickoff Creator Performance T-Shirts” from Adidas may give some clues into more of this year’s kit designs:

spacer.png

Is this so Don Garber can find Columbus on a map? And why aren't there two stars above the U?

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Is this so Don Garber can find Columbus on a map? And why aren't there two stars above the U?

It’s The official “Columbus” city tourism word mark which has always had the star above the U

2 hours ago, sonny said:

It’s The official “Columbus” city tourism word mark which has always had the star above the U

Right, the one-star wordmark is not a Crew thing.  The city has been using that as a kind of civic unity wordmark since the bicentennial in 2012.  In most applications the US is a different color than the COLUMB.   Y'know, like Columb-US instead of Columb-ME.

Here're some brand guidelines for you nerds: https://www.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Columbus/Departments/Public_Health/New_Administrators/Media_Room/Brand_Guidelines_FINv1-1.pdf

I do suppose it could've been a clever move to add a second star when applying it to apparel for The Crew.  Brand guidelines be damned!  They're champions!

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

This new line of “Kickoff Creator Performance T-Shirts” from Adidas may give some clues into more of this year’s kit designs:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

For example, it’s already been reported that Colorado’s kit will feature that double green color scheme and Columbus’ kit will be white, so those two shirts definitely appear to relate to the new kits. And the shirts for Atlanta, Philly, and NYRB all have elements that can be found on their new kits. Atlanta’s has the five red pinstripes, Philly’s has the light blue color and yellow kite graphic, and NYRB’s has the white and grey checkered design:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

A bunch of the shirts can be seen here:

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/search/SearchDisplay?categoryId=&storeId=15108&catalogId=12301&langId=-1&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&fromPage=Search&searchSource=Q&pageView=&beginIndex=0&pageSize=48&searchTerm=Adidas+Kickoff+Creator+Performance+T-Shirt&selectedStore=674&DSGsearchType=Keyword&advsearch=true&SearchType=Keyword&filterFacets=facetStore%3AISA%2CSHIP&selectedSort=6&pageNumber=0

While some of the Kickoff Creator shirts might have elements rumored to be in kits, are wee sure all of the shirts might be previews? 

IDK what to make of New England’s shirt.

And Houston’s shirt has its new badge, but also a James Harden logo on the sleeve. 

spacer.png

https://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/adidas-mens-houston-dynamo-black-kickoff-creator-performance-t-shirt-20adimmlsdynmkckfhou/20adimmlsdynmkckfhou

NYCdog.png

1 hour ago, DPHF said:

Right, the one-star wordmark is not a Crew thing.  The city has been using that as a kind of civic unity wordmark since the bicentennial in 2012.  In most applications the US is a different color than the COLUMB.   Y'know, like Columb-US instead of Columb-ME.

Here're some brand guidelines for you nerds: https://www.columbus.gov/uploadedFiles/Columbus/Departments/Public_Health/New_Administrators/Media_Room/Brand_Guidelines_FINv1-1.pdf

Damn, the city even sprung for Gotham proper! No Montserrat, like all the cheap cities are using!

2 minutes ago, NYCdog said:

IDK what to make of New England’s shirt.

"The Fort" is what New England calls its supporters section, and I believe those are the section numbers of the stadium in which the Fort exists. But yeah, hard to tell how that'll relate to a jersey, other than being a hint we won't be seeing the New England flag again because the pine tree woulda been a no-brainer for this series.

1 hour ago, DPHF said:

Always a sucker for brand guidelines, and damn does Columbus look good. It's a solid look for the city, that lockup style with the icons are slick.

the user formerly known as cdclt

20 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

going to be A LOT of light blue mext season..

It's going to feel overused, which is too bad. It makes sense as a choice for a lot of teams, and unfortunately it feels least necessary for the two markets that wear it as their primary color. 

Possible clue to the Timbers’ new primary kit in these graphics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

If you look closely, the green border has a half and half design, with a darker green on the left side. May or may not be a feature on the new kit, but it would be a subtle little callback to their inaugural MLS home shirt (though the shades are flipped on those graphics):

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Possible clue to the Timbers’ new primary kit in these graphics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As much as I’ve loved the recent more retro jerseys, this and the inaugural away kits are some of my favorite in general. 

Though an even better set had to be the retro third and black-red gradient that they won the cup in. 

I like those debut Timbers jerseys too, and their early MLS ones in general, but they did feel overdesigned (as did everything else in that era). Just a simple Arsenal-but-green jersey would look really nice I think, no tonal halves or crosscut saw graphics needed. Though hard to find a consistently better dressed team in MLS than Portland these last dozen years.

On 2/9/2021 at 2:51 PM, Brian in Boston said:

0NYfU2Ll.jpg?1

When it comes to jerseys, LAFC really doesn't want my discretionary income. The "linen" color of this new away kit may end up looking terrific, but the LOS ANGELES looping around the cuffs is a deal-breaker.

Despite the cuffs having Los Angeles on it, I actually really love this kit. It’s very clean and sharp. It’s great choice for our clash. I get why the cuffs are a deal breaker though. If the kit was any other color, they would be for me too.

I think this will definitely be popular among our fans. This will be the first kit I’ll have bought since our inaugural uniforms. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

11 minutes ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Despite the cuffs having Los Angeles on it, I actually really love this kit. It’s very clean and sharp. It’s great choice for our clash. I get why the cuffs are a deal breaker though. If the kit was any other color, they would be for me too.

I think this will definitely be popular among our fans. This will be the first kit I’ll have bought since our inaugural uniforms. 

I own an away LAFC kit from a couple years back because I think their branding is A+ across the board...until this one. I don't think I'd have a problem wearing that shirt to game, but I would feel like a dork in it anywhere else.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

4 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I own an away LAFC kit from a couple years back because I think their branding is A+ across the board...until this one. I don't think I'd have a problem wearing that shirt to game, but I would feel like a dork in it anywhere else.

Which one? The white and gold from the first season?

Personally, I hated their last clash uniform. The white and silver. 

I feel similarly. I really dislike the cuffs. It would very tacky anywhere outside of a match. But I love that color. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Archived