MLS Kits 2021

kylonian

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the DC and RSL shirts and think Adidas did a nice job with patterns and colors. If I were a United fan, I'd want that shirt and, as it is, I'll probably look to find it on discount in a couple of season.

That said, I do miss the days when there were design elements on MLS shirts. When we had stuff like this:

elaine-thompsonjpg-c4ece29c7949b499.jpg

I guess that's just as templated as the current sets, but in a different way. But in a way that looked like it mattered more.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I really like the color application of the RSL badge. A less is more approach looks better than their overly busy standard badge. 

I also like DC United’s more than I thought I would. The marble design is not overdone. Again less is more. I wish the badge was all blue but it’s a minor complaint overall. 

Both kits suffer from MLS dictating the star color. Allowing them to be contrasting colors would help them really pop off the kit. Instead they blend in and get lost, but that’s been stated on this board before.

Here’s a mockup of the full Union secondary, with both blue and yellow shorts options shown:

spacer.png

I’m fully expecting the shorts to be blue, but I’d love for there to be a yellow shorts option.

Also, I probably won’t be making full kit mock-ups for DCU and RSL, because the shirt patterns seem like a pain in the ass to recreate, lol.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Here’s a mockup of the full Union secondary, with both blue and yellow shorts options shown:

spacer.png

I’m fully expecting the shorts to be blue, but I’d love for there to be a yellow shorts option.

Also, I probably won’t be making full kit mock-ups for DCU and RSL, because the shirt patterns seem like a pain in the ass to recreate, lol.

Any chance they'd do white shorts/socks being its a secondary kit and their primary is all blue?

11 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Any chance they'd do white shorts/socks being its a secondary kit and their primary is all blue?

I’d be pretty shocked if they went with white shorts since there isn’t even the slightest bit of white in the shirt.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I actually dig the DC kit. It's pretty clean.

Two things: I wish they had recolored the crest from black to the shade of blue they use on the kit, and I wish the marble pattern was more prominently visible, but I do get why Adidas wouldn't use the same pattern as Arsenal when Arsenal is actively using it.

It's good though, I'm into it.

spacer.png

On 2/10/2021 at 9:28 PM, Rockstar Matt said:

Despite the cuffs having Los Angeles on it, I actually really love this kit. It’s very clean and sharp. It’s great choice for our clash. I get why the cuffs are a deal breaker though. If the kit was any other color, they would be for me too.

I think this will definitely be popular among our fans. This will be the first kit I’ll have bought since our inaugural uniforms. 

I completely disagree. It looks like a thing one would buy in the store that was made by Mitchell and Ness, not a kit to be worn on the field. And I really, really hate the cuff having LA on it.

Me and my brother have been season ticket holders since the OG season, Expo Originals, and we've not been inspired by any of the kits the club has brought to the field. Which feels like a sacrilege considering we are in LA and black-and-gold should be impossible to make boring, we should always have some of the dopest kits in the league. Feels like the club is for whatever reason risk-averse with the kits. Look no further than Philly's new strip to see how dope it can be if you really, really go for it. LA's being far too safe on the kit space for me.

spacer.png

57 minutes ago, seasaltvanilla said:

Does the DCU kit work better with a color matched badge? The black stands out to me

VBnKR42.png

Unequivocally *that* is better than the real kit. The badge stands out a lot with the black, so what you did is what I wish they had done. It's a big improvement, which goes to show how important it is that they get the smaller things right.

spacer.png

On 2/11/2021 at 4:12 PM, Brian in Boston said:

As do I... which is why I was eagerly anticipating picking one up. That said, the LOS ANGELES looping on the cuffs is too off-putting a design flourish for me. The inaugural season home jersey and anthem jacket remain my only LAFC clothing purchases to date.

Completely agreed. I think for me personally, I just have such an itch to buy another kit because like you, I only have the inaugural season’s kits (I did buy the away too), that I’m willing to overlook it. I haven’t liked our last two kits at all. 

4 hours ago, WarriorFight said:

I completely disagree. It looks like a thing one would buy in the store that was made by Mitchell and Ness, not a kit to be worn on the field. And I really, really hate the cuff having LA on it.

Me and my brother have been season ticket holders since the OG season, Expo Originals, and we've not been inspired by any of the kits the club has brought to the field. Which feels like a sacrilege considering we are in LA and black-and-gold should be impossible to make boring, we should always have some of the dopest kits in the league. Feels like the club is for whatever reason risk-averse with the kits. Look no further than Philly's new strip to see how dope it can be if you really, really go for it. LA's being far too safe on the kit space for me.

Respect on being part of one of the OG supporters and part of the 3252! I have never had more fun attending a sporting event than I did going to a LAFC game. Best sports experience of my life. The singing and dancing while cheering on our team was incredible.

I want to attend a Sounders, Timbers and ATL United match to see how they compare. 

You didn’t buy one of the original kits? I thought our inaugural home kit was incredible. Especially the small pattern that was only noticeable up close. 

I can see what you mean though. I’m just such a jersey nut for my teams, that I have at least one (or two) jerseys. 

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Adidas has had some really disappointing kit years recently, but this year's batch of new shirts are mostly winners, probably their highest hit percentage in a while. That said, it does seem like every year MLS moves more and more generic out of the yearning to not stand out, which is a little disappointing.

3 hours ago, alexandre said:

Adidas has had some really disappointing kit years recently, but this year's batch of new shirts are mostly winners, probably their highest hit percentage in a while. That said, it does seem like every year MLS moves more and more generic out of the yearning to not stand out, which is a little disappointing.

(looks over at Philadelphia Union)

Archived