North American Pro Soccer 2022

Brian in Boston

51 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think that ship has sailed, but I think they'd have to ground share with NYCFC or Red Bulls to do it.

Yeah, definitely has. Maybe in an expanded pro/rel MLS but even then probably not.

It's kind of a shame too, the Cosmos brand and history is so awesome and unique but meanwhile the current NYC MLS teams are just parts of larger global soccer corporations. 

22 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

meanwhile the current NYC MLS teams are just parts of larger global soccer corporations. 

This is it, among the biggest mistakes MLS has made. Too bad some sleazy suits also held the Cosmos brand rights so that was never a possibility either, but corporate franchising of both the teams in our biggest market is horrendous.

(plus, we should probably fix the attendance issues for the two extant New York teams before adding a third.)

• Like 2

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

20 hours ago, TrueYankee26 said:

I think this would be great but I also think it's two years too early. I know we don't expect him to make the 2026 World Cup, but I would be surprised to see him or CR7 in the US before 2024/2025. All the same I'd take him now instead of risking he comes over too late and looks Pirlo at NYCFC and not Zlatan at LA Galaxy.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

26 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

I think this would be great but I also think it's two years too early. I know we don't expect him to make the 2026 World Cup, but I would be surprised to see him or CR7 in the US before 2024/2025. All the same I'd take him now instead of risking he comes over too late and looks Pirlo at NYCFC and not Zlatan at LA Galaxy.

It would be fun if Suarez came to Seattle, Ronaldo to LAFC and Messi to Miami all at the same time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Sensational game (at least from the neutral perspective), all 157 minutes of it. Feel like Andre Blake deserved better from his teammates, what disastrous penalties, yeesh. Not sure un-freezing Gareth Bale from his cryogenic chamber to be the hero helps the "retirement league" narrative but it was quite something to watch happen in real time.

Congratulations to the long-suffering LAFC fans, who won this despite not making any audibly homophobic chants or hitting anyone with their beer bottles. You've come so far!

• Like 1

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

WHAT. A. GAME.  

Best MLS Cup Final ever. I’m still stunned. Cannot believe this team finally did it. I thought the game was over for sure when Elliot put the Union ahead near the end but this team just does not quit. Even with just 10 men, Bale with the best goal in our history to save it. 

I have never cried over my team winning anything in my life until today. It’s a special championship because I’ve supported this team from the start. Before we even had a crest or colors. Before we had signed anyone, before ground even broke on the Banc. Super thrilled and happy for Carlos Vela. Our first ever player, our Captain and our best player finally winning that elusive cup. 

MLS Cup Champions! Will never forget this. 

• Like 2

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Just finding out the Maxine Crépeau suffered a compound fracture near the ankle. Absolutely brutal injury. Just two weeks before the World Cup too. 

Even tho we won, I still have to criticize Murillo for playing that absolutely AWFUL ball back to Crépeau. Utterly irresponsible and it cost a man an opportunity to be in the World Cup (I know Crépeau has been a backup for Canada and would have likely been a backup again).

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC