North American Pro Soccer 2022

Brian in Boston

Congrats FCC on winning your first playoff game on the road in front of approximately 17 people in Red Bull Arena!

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

As always an ugly game against the New York Red Bulls Diving Club. 12 minutes of stoppage time???  I guess when New York constantly has their butts on the ground they need to be rewarded for the time wasted. Cincinnati is the only team Philly has struggled against all year. Should be fun Thursday night.

• Like 2

Signature intentionally left blank

59 minutes ago, Dilbert said:

Austin FC comes from behind and wins on penalties after added extra time defeating Real Salt Lake

Oh wow! Congrats Austin FC!

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 10/15/2022 at 2:43 PM, Dilbert said:

As always an ugly game against the New York Red Bulls Diving Club. 12 minutes of stoppage time???  I guess when New York constantly has their butts on the ground they need to be rewarded for the time wasted. Cincinnati is the only team Philly has struggled against all year. Should be fun Thursday night.

WOOOOOOO! I watched the game on a TV in my neighbor's backyard and we were astonished at 12 minutes of stoppage time. I'm less educated about soccer as this guy and he was saying he'd never seen that much stoppage time in his life. Conspiracy Hat on - that felt like MLS trying to help out the New York team as much as possible. The 12 minutes felt like 45 minutes and I was certain an equalizer was coming. 

On 10/15/2022 at 2:27 PM, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Congrats FCC on winning your first playoff game on the road in front of approximately 17 people in Red Bull Arena!

Yeah WTF was that crowd at Red Bull Arena? That was half-full, at best. There's not 25,000 people in all of theNew York/New Jersey market wanting to see a playoff game on a beautiful Saturday afternoon? We all should have the conversation about the Northeast corridor's support of Major League Soccer.

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 hour ago, Dilbert said:

a battle for Texas is set as FC Dallas defeats Minnesota to advance to face Austin FC.

NYCFC also advances to play at Montreal

Meanwhile, rumblings im hearing for USL Championship

FfS5TuPWAAkkrHn?format=jpg&name=small

Not expecting FC Dallas to win against the Frat Boy's team.  

Some more USL news today. Memphis 901 unveiled plans for a new stadium to be built by 2025 in Liberty Park replacing the historic Mid South Coliseum. In USL League One news FC Tucson announced they are dropping down to USL League Two next season. They are hoping to get a new soccer stadium built in Tucson with hopes to move back up to League One someday and still hold the market rights.

FfYItfkWIAAfHJE?format=jpg&name=large

FfYItfgXkAMAJPH?format=jpg&name=largeFfYItfnWYAQ1hRt?format=jpg&name=large

8 hours ago, GDAWG said:

Not expecting FC Dallas to win against the Frat Boy's team.  

I still kinda shake my head that he "got away" with all the bs he pulled.

I don't feel particularly strong about FC Dallas either way but I want them to win so badly.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

3 hours ago, Dilbert said:

Some more USL news today. Memphis 901 unveiled plans for a new stadium to be built by 2025 in Liberty Park replacing the historic Mid South Coliseum. In USL League One news FC Tucson announced they are dropping down to USL League Two next season. They are hoping to get a new soccer stadium built in Tucson with hopes to move back up to League One someday and still hold the market rights.

FfYItfkWIAAfHJE?format=jpg&name=large

FfYItfgXkAMAJPH?format=jpg&name=largeFfYItfnWYAQ1hRt?format=jpg&name=large

The more USL Championship teams have their own facilities, the better the league will be.  I find soccer playing in baseball stadiums super awkward.  Now Tulsa and New Mexico need to finalize their stadium plans.  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, GDAWG said:

The more USL Championship teams have their own facilities, the better the league will be.  I find soccer playing in baseball stadiums super awkward.  Now Tulsa and New Mexico need to finalize their stadium plans.  

El Paso too and Las Vegas if they survive the offseason (Ive heard some rumblings).

On 10/12/2022 at 8:33 AM, Sport said:

Galaxy over Nashville

Dallas over Minnesota

Austin over Salt Lake

Cincinnati over Red Bulls

NYC over Miami

Montreal over Orlando

Yo somebody I know went 6-0 in the first round. Suck on that and eat farts, soccer nerds! 

PvO6ZWJ.png

So we have another playoff El Tráfico. Should LAFC win again? On paper, yes, but they’ve developed the earned reputation of being chokers in big games. This should team should be in the MLS Cup Final this year but I absolutely do not trust them to do so. 

Still, it’s been a fun and surprising season. Have zero complaints there. Wish I was going to the game tonight!

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

What a turnaround for FC Cincinnati this season. Normally a loss like tonight in the regular season would be easy to take. They played hard the whole game and kept up with the Union.  Philly goes on to host either Montreal or NYCFC

• Like 2