College Football 2022

MJWalker45

These are the kind of silly college football games where anything can happen.

I tried placing a live bet on Michigan when they were down 21-6, but the best I could get was even odds. I guess Vegas knew. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

No one is enjoying watching Michigan faceplant more than I am, but there's still a lot of game to play.

One thing I know from a lifetime of hating Michigan (which Vegas also seems to know if DG's any indication): there is no such thing as running up the score when it's them on the business end.  You do not call off the dogs, you bash their damn brains in, burn the corpse and ship the ashes to Abu Dhabi.  Ease up at all, and TCU is learning the hard way that in the blink of an eye, you'll go from routing them to "holy crap they caught up!"

Like so.

• Like 3

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

16 minutes ago, Discrim said:

One thing I know from a lifetime of hating Michigan (which Vegas also seems to know if DG's any indication): there is no such thing as running up the score when it's them on the business end.  You do not call off the dogs, you bash their damn brains in, burn the corpse and ship the ashes to Abu Dhabi.  Ease up at all, and TCU is learning the hard way that in the blink of an eye, you'll go from routing them to "holy crap they caught up!"

Like so.

I don't think that's nearly harsh enough, but I get what you're saying.

• Like 1

BB52Big.jpg

58 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

I tried placing a live bet on Michigan when they were down 21-6, but the best I could get was even odds. I guess Vegas knew. 

Thanks for saving me money, Vegas!

• LOL 1

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

This TCU season has been unreal. Been the most fun I've had watching a team I otherwise don't care about. This team was 5-7 last year and fired their coach. Sonny Dykes' last stint in the P5 was a disastrous run at Cal with one winning season out of four. None of this makes sense.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2

Not to be a prisoner of the moment, but TCU just saved college football. 

The Frogs went 5-7 the year before, play in a conference that’s never won a playoff game, brought in a new coach, lost a good bit of talent to the portal, had a recruiting class outside the top 30 AND STILL made it to the national championship by doing every type of wizard :censored:ery a blue blood could never.

Plus they beat one of the two schools that are supposed to matter from one of the two conferences that are supposed to matter. 

Miracles still happen, baby!

• Like 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

Now Ohio State needs to win to make the championship game a match up between a team that lost its conference title game and a team that didn't even make its conference title game. That would be a perfect illustration of the absurdity of the current system.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

BB52Big.jpg

4 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

That was the appetizer, by the way

Ohio State vs. Georgia is the main event and if it even comes close to the insanity that the Fiesta Bowl had, then it will be fun to watch.

Dawgs by 20. Put your money on it @DG_ThenNowForever.  I'd bet it myself, but sports betting in Ohio starts tomorrow.

BB52Big.jpg

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Now Ohio State needs to win to make the championship game a match up between a team that lost its conference title game and a team that didn't even make its conference title game. That would be a perfect illustration of the absurdity of the current system.

Agreed!

Also - let all 10 conference champions qualify for the 12-team expanded playoff. Then let one independent and one championship loser in. It's a "playoff", not a "popularity-off". You win, you should get in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, infrared41 said:

Dawgs by 20. Put your money on it @DG_ThenNowForever.  I'd bet it myself, but sports betting in Ohio starts tomorrow.

I bet on UGA +4.5. Fingers crossed 🤞

14 minutes ago, Seadragon76 said:

That was the appetizer, by the way

Ohio State vs. Georgia is the main event and if it even comes close to the insanity that the Fiesta Bowl had, then it will be fun to watch.

You say appetizer, I say show stealer. No way UGA-Ohio St comes close. Mostly because I assume UGA will strangle the Buckeyes. Then again, I thought Michigan would easily bowl over TCU, so I am often wrong.

• Like 1