2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

Probably something that doesn't mean anything...but the Boston Bruins are using the old wordmark from the 70s-90s on the team's magnet schedule this year. IMO it's one of the best wordmarks ever used in the NHL. There were rumors a couple years ago that the team was going back to the 80s style unis, but those rumors never amounted to anything yet. 

Boston ProShop (@BostonProShop) / Twitter

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

13 hours ago, Friedrich Stuart Macbeth said:

Also, Ottawa missed an opportunity to bring back the Civics Nationals jersey from the WHA, and re-apply their colour scheme to boot.

Yeah, I've thought that would be a cool idea. Just tweak the logo to make the N into an S, and change the blue stripes to black.

spacer.png

• Like 1

We have our first leak of the day:

spacer.png

The assumption was that Nashville was going to do a navy version of this jersey, but they just changed the shade from mustard to their standard yellow. A bit of a cop out (similar to the Rangers & Flames last year), but still a nice looking jersey.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

55 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

The assumption was that Nashville was going to do a navy version of this jersey, but they just changed the shade from mustard to their standard yellow. A bit of a cop out (similar to the Rangers & Flames last year), but still a nice looking jersey.

The Nashville on the mini-nameplate is weird (instead of sewn directly on the jersey). I was thinking this RR was going to be navy too. 

I think it's been brought up before, but the NHL logo looks so much better in black and orange than black and silver. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

It's not just the orange that's better, it's the more natural downward lettering, the lack of beveling, fewer outlines, and no little mid-aughts-sports spikes on the letters.

• Like 4

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 minutes ago, the admiral said:

It's not just the orange that's better, it's the more natural downward lettering, the lack of beveling, fewer outlines, and no little mid-aughts-sports spikes on the letters.

agree with all points except the letter direction, have always preferred the upward slant. I think the single stroke with the old font is the best option. found someone who made a mockup 

spacer.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WSU151 said:

The second leak today...adidas should skip the lame teasers and just unveil all of them.  

I guess they were worried about the contrast between navy & black so they went with royal blue on the sleeves. Not sure why there isn't any red stripes anywhere though.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I think it's been brought up before, but the NHL logo looks so much better in black and orange than black and silver. 

Completely disagree. The orange sticks out like a sore thumb. The black and silver are neutral and work very well. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 3

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

spacer.png

I'm still trying to ascertain how THAT got signed off on as a major pro sports team logo...woof

• Like 4

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||