2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

7 hours ago, riccirulesall said:

why not unveil it like it was intended? I don't see how a leak should affect the process that much. release professional photos/videos of the entire uniform and get out the information to people who aren't in the loop at all times of potential leaks. maximize excitement and audience for the ultimate goal of jersey sales and money

Fair point, but surprises during unveilings still hits different.

Knights jerseys tonight don't have an ad on them. 

spacer.png

They specifically unveiled the ads on the gold jersey

spacer.png

They HAVE been on the jerseys in pre-season, but only the pre-season games in Vegas. My only guess is that the ad deal is tied to when they actually wear the jerseys at home (tonights game is in LA and LA is wearing their 3rds)

44 minutes ago, thesieve22 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but couldn’t find anywhere else.

The Kings chrome helmets look like something out of a movie which everyone who watches goes “These people have never actually seen a hockey game. That would never happen.”

You could say that about white breezers, too.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

8 minutes ago, Klondyke said:

They HAVE been on the jerseys in pre-season, but only the pre-season games in Vegas. My only guess is that the ad deal is tied to when they actually wear the jerseys at home (tonights game is in LA and LA is wearing their 3rds)

Yeah I'm fairly certain that gambling advertisement laws prevent them from being worn on the road. Nevada is one of the few states that allows it so Vegas has it at home, no matter the color jersey.

• Like 1

the user formerly known as cdclt

1 hour ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I like this gold vs. silver game 

With all respect, I would disagree. It's cool on paper, but in practice it looks like a 12-year-old child picked the 2 "coolest" looking uniforms on NHL 23, save for the Vegas chrome domes, and went to town. But whatever floats your boat, I guess. I just think it's 2 teams trying too hard to be cool.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

13 hours ago, thesieve22 said:

Not sure if this is the right place for this but couldn’t find anywhere else.

The Kings chrome helmets look like something out of a movie which everyone who watches goes “These people have never actually seen a hockey game. That would never happen.”

Still better looking than the Golden Knights honey mustard jerseys though.

16 hours ago, the admiral said:

The NHL is in the worst of both worlds, where online fans are re-embracing the terrible aesthetics of the late '90s and early 2000s that people hated at the time while embracing the small southern markets that people at least had the good sense to resent at the time. Jerking off over both the fire-snorting horse and the entire Carolina Hurricanes organization is just, man, never thought I'd see the day.

Maybe I am out of the loop, but do people love the Hurricanes branding?

I get 90s thing... it's just the time we are in and it's happening in other parts of our culture as well. Might be annoying for some and I get that. But, I just don't see the love for the southern markets that you see. 

I kind of think the NHL is in a pretty good place. A lot of the franchises have some solid primary sets. Thirds/Heritage are used appropriately. Special game jerseys may be a tad hokey, but that's the point. 

12 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Knights jerseys tonight don't have an ad on them. 

spacer.png

They specifically unveiled the ads on the gold jersey

spacer.png

@CC97 mentioned on Twitter last night that the Circa ads are only allowed to be worn in Las Vegas. Some kind of league rule about gambling-related ads. Thread starts here:

• LOL 1

21 hours ago, the admiral said:

The NHL is in the worst of both worlds, where online fans are re-embracing the terrible aesthetics of the late '90s and early 2000s that people hated at the time while embracing the small southern markets that people at least had the good sense to resent at the time. Jerking off over both the fire-snorting horse and the entire Carolina Hurricanes organization is just, man, never thought I'd see the day.

Maybe it’s a good thing that a lot people have come to their senses and realized that resenting new markets & fanbases who are interested in hockey wasn't in the best interest of the sport. 

But don’t worry, I still see plenty of people who see southern markets as a threat to their Canadian/Northeastern/Midwestern sensibilities instead of a sign that the sport is growing. 

As for the uniform trends, these things are always cyclical. The fad of ‘90s/‘00s over the top designs coming back will fade. 

• Like 6

On 10/6/2022 at 11:05 PM, Tomkesler said:

spacer.png

https://www.nhl.com/kraken/news/2022-23-depths-members-to-receive-limited-edition-toque/c-336118658

"The striping up top is inspired by Seattle's hockey history and sets the course for new adventures that lie ahead ­- plus a sneak peek at future jersey releases."

Based on the article, it looks like these STH beanies are hinting at the striping pattern for the Kraken reverse retro jersey. The anchor might be a clue as well, but that isn't as obvious. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, spartacat_12 said:

Maybe it’s a good thing that a lot people have come to their senses and realized that resenting new markets & fanbases who are interested in hockey wasn't in the best interest of the sport. 

no

• Applause 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫