2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

9 hours ago, Klondyke said:

Get to Calgary a lot. The fans still massively prefer the Black C jerseys. Specifically the ones they wore before the RBK Edge came to life

As I've said about its architecture, everything in Canada (outside of Quebec) is either from 1978 or last week. As such, I can't wrap my head around nostalgia for 2004. Why would Flames fans prefer the sweaters from the year they lost over the ones from the year they won?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

As I've said about its architecture, everything in Canada (outside of Quebec) is either from 1978 or last week. As such, I can't wrap my head around nostalgia for 2004. Why would Flames fans prefer the sweaters from the year they lost over the ones from the year they won?

Probably due to generational difference; a lot of people remember 2004 much more than 1989 because they weren't born then, therefore they have a stronger attachment to that look than something they weren't even alive to witness.

That, and 2004 is like...the only time the Flames have been that successful since 1989 lol

• Like 3

1 hour ago, the admiral said:

Other inputs, such as quality and price point of jerseys in 2004, were quite beneficial for the consumer in the early 2000s. CCM was selling decent replica jerseys (yes, embroirdered crests that were heat-pressed) for what, $60-80 in 2004? 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

3 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

Probably due to generational difference; a lot of people remember 2004 much more than 1989 because they weren't born then, therefore they have a stronger attachment to that look than something they weren't even alive to witness.

That, and 2004 is like...the only time the Flames have been that successful since 1989 lol

Probably throw in the fact that their success in 2004 was out of nowhere and their run to the Stanley Cup Finals was a total surprise, especially with it being their first playoff appearance in eight years.

23 minutes ago, DTConcepts said:

The Islanders have teased the fisherman's return with the announcement of "90s Night" in December. If the Reverse Retros are going to be unveiled in November, then having '90s night in December makes sense.

cut.png

Granted we haven't seen them...but assuming they're halfway decent looking, it'd be a shame if they only wear them once. Lou will be Lou, though. 

• Like 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

spacer.png

https://www.nhl.com/kraken/news/2022-23-depths-members-to-receive-limited-edition-toque/c-336118658

"The striping up top is inspired by Seattle's hockey history and sets the course for new adventures that lie ahead ­- plus a sneak peek at future jersey releases."

Based on the article, it looks like these STH beanies are hinting at the striping pattern for the Kraken reverse retro jersey. The anchor might be a clue as well, but that isn't as obvious. 

• Like 1

My Habs looked so good last night without the disgraceful helmet ads and sponsor patches

I almost forgot how much I hated the Bell/CIBC sticker on the helmet because of the new patch

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Now THAT looks like a major league game. It's a shame it won't ever happen again

:censored: you Bettman

:censored: you Geoff Molson

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Tomkesler said:

spacer.png

https://www.nhl.com/kraken/news/2022-23-depths-members-to-receive-limited-edition-toque/c-336118658

"The striping up top is inspired by Seattle's hockey history and sets the course for new adventures that lie ahead ­- plus a sneak peek at future jersey releases."

Based on the article, it looks like these STH beanies are hinting at the striping pattern for the Kraken reverse retro jersey. The anchor might be a clue as well, but that isn't as obvious. 

That has to be the most BS ever spewed about a beanie hat.

• Like 8

Arizona has announced a partnership with a fashion designer, and the announcement includes two empty coat hangers next two the home & away jersey. Looks like they'll be wearing a new alternate in addition to the reverse retro.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

20 minutes ago, spartacat_12 said:

Arizona has announced a partnership with a fashion designer, and the announcement includes two empty coat hangers next two the home & away jersey. Looks like they'll be wearing a new alternate in addition to the reverse retro.

revenge of the sith episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

• Like 2
  • LOL 3