2022-2023 NHL Jersey Changes

spartacat_12

1 hour ago, Digby said:

I mean that's pretty much it. It's fine. Almost anything is better than an wasteful empty lot in downtown Boston. I'm not really interested in the luxury condos, office building, night club, gigantic underground grocery store or Guy Fieri burrito restaurant so I can't really speak to those. The food court is the usual fast-casual concepts that have enough VC backing to afford rent in a new build, not anything revelatory but better than the nightmare bro bars across the street. The gigantic sports pub is bad. The fancy movie cinema was kind of nice for the few months it was open before covid and bankruptcy. Every new building in Boston makes a big show of "we're not the old stodgy Boston" by adopting a weird offset stack-of-boxes aesthetic, and at this point this is an area where I prefer old stodgy Boston.

I lived off Causeway in 2010-2013, it was a seedy area before redevelopment and remains that way even with all the flashy new glass buildings they put up. There was a plethora of food and sports bar options in the immediate vicinity of the Garden with actual character, the area really didn't need what they added.

The only plus of the whole thing was the supermarket in the basement as there was really nothing in that neighborhood other than a smallish Whole Foods.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, VancouverFan69 said:

Totally agree. I would add stripes to the pants. 

Always loved VGK's steel grey. Look forward to seeing them with the relegated steel grey uniforms as a 3rd(should still be the primary home look).

I believe they are using their black pants with the gray sweater still.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justen said:

I dont know, the all teal kids onesie look is a huge step back for me and I love the Sharks. Black breezers is all thats needed. I dont mind the teal bucket or the overkill teal gloves. 

Honestly, the teal bucket and gloves work really nicely with the white set...but the home being monoteal just looks ugly, and I don't think mismatching helmet and breezers would look much better for San Jose.

Like, look at this and tell me it wouldn't easily be an improvement;

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 4

1 hour ago, Ridleylash said:

Honestly, the teal bucket and gloves work really nicely with the white set...but the home being monoteal just looks ugly, and I don't think mismatching helmet and breezers would look much better for San Jose.

spacer.png

The black numbers balance things out on the road. I'm fine with teal pants for both.

I like that San Jose tried something different with the all teal gear.  It doesn't look horrible to me.  But, it's an easy fix if the fans don't like it that much.  They could make the switch over next season.  If they retained their black stealth alternate, they could maybe even make the switch this season or test it out for a game or two.

10 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

Nope, the new look is fine the way it is...  Do the Toronto Maple Leafs wear too much blue?

• Like 2

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

Instead of making the breezers black, I wish SJ would have made the stripe on the breezers match the stripes on the jersey. The black stripes are too thin. Or maybe even switch the white and black on the breezer stripe. Either way, i just think that stripe on the breezer needs to be adjusted and that would help the balance:

Photo of Erik Karlsson shooting the puck wearing the new all Teal uniform.

• Like 2

I would've gone no stripes on the pants to avoid the issue entirely. 

15 hours ago, Ridleylash said:

spacer.png

To me that just looks like a bad approximation of the original uniforms created from memory without using a photo reference. Since we're not using the old jerseys and socks exactly as they were, but somewhat close, it requires some deviation from the old look so it's not in this Knockoff Sharks uncanny valley, which is why I like the teal pants and helmets. Also I like more color whenever we can find it. 

sergei-makarov-of-the-san-jose-sharks-sk

This looks great, always has, and I wouldn't have hated them going back to the proper throwback full time like the Oilers, Flames, Coyotes, Senators(ish), Sabres, Islanders, etc, did, but that's not what they did so I think the teal gear is necessary. 

• Applause 1

PvO6ZWJ.png

8 hours ago, SHaMROCK said:

Nope, the new look is fine the way it is...  Do the Toronto Maple Leafs wear too much blue?

Well the Leafs have always been a blue & white team, so it isn't really an appropriate comparison. 

Tampa wears too much blue, and would benefit from black pants, much like the Sharks.