2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

On 3/23/2023 at 8:41 PM, TaylorMade said:

Brooklyn would for sure benefit from some  accent color. The mint/teal color would look  great. Especially to tie into the Liberty

• Like 8
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, DJT said:

Has anyone heard of any teams getting a full new jersey set next year?

Phoenix maybe? I thought they were supposed to have one but delayed it.

I would expect Phoenix to get that "new owner rebrand" either next year or the following year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, WBeltz said:

Brooklyn would for sure benefit from some  accent color. The mint/teal color would look  great. Especially to tie into the Liberty

I feel like that color combo is overplayed now with the Liberty and Gotham FC.

I like the Nets in black and white but if they HAD to add an accent color I still think Dodger blue would be the best.

11 hours ago, WestCoastBias said:

I feel like that color combo is overplayed now with the Liberty and Gotham FC.

I like the Nets in black and white but if they HAD to add an accent color I still think Dodger blue would be the best.

Why not do a Pittsburgh-type thing and have 1/3 of NY's teams wear the same color scheme?

Surprised there hasn’t been a KAWS collab already but makes perfect sense for the Nets to be the ones, with both trafficking in the modern art currency of understanding a reference.

It’s kind of a fun design but it’ll get old when it’s worn for 18 games on an equally gaudy court, I’m sure.

18 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I love the colors and street vibe, but that wordmark is meh. Would be better if the letters were lined up.  

Y'all in Brooklyn and can't get graffiti right on a jersey? 🙄

Don’t think this is really meant to be graffiti, more of a kaws specific look. Tbh I think this is one of the most interesting sets to come out of the city program. spacer.png

• Like 2

On 4/6/2023 at 11:49 AM, Indigo said:

Why not do a Pittsburgh-type thing and have 1/3 of NY's teams wear the same color scheme?

Blue & orange is already the prominent colour scheme for New York sports. You've got the Knicks, Mets, and Islanders.

Also, wasn't the whole Brooklyn rebranding a way to stand out and not just be 'just another New York team'?

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 3:44 PM, Old School Fool said:

I don't think I saw this anywhere but this was the logo the Spurs used for their games in Mexico and Austin.

image-2023-04-08-124310915.png

Somewhat related but I have heard that the SATX logo is not just San Antonio, TeXas, but it's also a subtle nod to Austin since the "ATX" part is Austin's nickname and the Spurs have tried hard to reel in Austinites

• Like 1

Here’s the LockerVision report for the Play-In.

Heat vs Hawks is classic. Miami in white vs Atlanta in its standard road blacks. 

Lakers in their home golds, but Minnesota is wearing its grey and green city editions that I forgot existed. 

Raptors in black at home vs Bulls in white. 

Pelicans in red at home vs Thunder in blue.

• Like 4

i have unquantifiable corpses on my conscience 

6 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

Here’s the LockerVision report for the Play-In.

Heat vs Hawks is classic. Miami in white vs Atlanta in its standard road blacks. 

Lakers in their home golds, but Minnesota is wearing its grey and green city editions that I forgot existed. 

Raptors in black at home vs Bulls in white. 

Pelicans in red at home vs Thunder in blue.

Atlanta's black jersey is their alternate - their normal colored jersey is red.

• Like 8

the user formerly known as cdclt

Heard some rumblings that the Bucks are gonna wear their black jersey for the first two games of the playoffs. Sounds like they're also shelving the city jersey for the playoffs as well, leaving them with white, green, and black for the remainder of their playoff run. It was also mentioned that there should be a green court back for the playoffs, with a "different design". 

I can't confirm this, as it didn't come directly from a team source. Everything seems believable enough, but as with all rumors, we'll only really know once it's made official.

20 hours ago, fortunat1 said:

Sounds like they're also shelving the city jersey for the playoffs as well

City Jerseys (and most throwbacks) should be shelved for the playoffs. I don't mind Statement jerseys, but stick to the basics as much as possible.

I hate that this moment is attached to nothing that says the team name. 

MAC54_COVER01-810x608-1560491477.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Dislike 1

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

LockerVision lists tomorrow’s games as Heat in white vs Bulls in black in Miami (great), and Wolves in charcoal grey vs Thunder in orange in Minneapolis (kinda cool actually but weird for a playoff, or play-in, w/e).

That site also still has Miami’s home court called FTX Arena, which is objectively funny.

• Like 1