2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

Considering all of the 2021-22 jerseys have been unveiled or leaked and the recent leak of the 2022-23 Suns' jerseys this might be a good time to start this thread.

First off, here are the Suns leaks ...

phoenix-suns-new-uniforms-leaked-new-jer

Here is a fans' mockup from the leak ...

mJzl7l4aCHrd6l1NDYNBtHYGlHc57oQl9OHYOQpc

A few other rumors or news ...

• The regular City Jerseys will return. It'll be interesting to see if any teams keep their 75th anniversary City Editions next season. The Pacers, Grizzlies, Pistons, Blazers, Bulls, Celtics, Spurs, Kings, Thunder, Wizards, Timberwolves, Hornets, Warriors and Knicks could definitely pull it off considering the look and colors aren't far off their current full-time looks.
  • Speaking of City Jerseys and the Suns, last year the Suns were testing fan interest in an Aztec-themed City Jersey for the 2022-23 season. It got some pushback so I am not sure if it is a go?
  • The Jazz are switching from navy, green and gold to black, volt/yellow/gold (whatever you want to call it) and white. They'll keep the Jazz note within the identity, but it seems like new logo sets and not just a recoloring is happening.
  • There have been some rumors of the Cavs rebranding. Not sure of the details, but I think I heard they're eliminating blue from the logo?  Though you wouldn't really know it's there in the first place with the current look.
  • It'll be interesting to see if the Earned Edition comes back. It seems like it's been an every other year "thing" since Nike introduced them.
  • And, of course, there's the NBA All-Star Game in Salt Lake City and whatever sh** jerseys Nike comes up with for the game.

Edited by officeglenn
Corrected dates
  • Like 5

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

• officeglenn changed the title to 2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes
15 hours ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

4c5483aff6ee1d0664e568276e867f98--basketball-teams-coach.jpg

Pretty sure Joel Embiid could demolish that entire team even if it was 8 vs 1.

• Like 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 4 weeks later...

What on Earth are the Warriors doing. That looks absolutely awful. Miami's serial killer staying around sucks, Lakers with black sucks, the Lakers and Warriors classics at least look good. Not looking forward to whatever the Hornets end up doing. I'm predicting a graphite Minted jersey.

• Like 7

the user formerly known as cdclt

Nets White Basquiat is something that 2k modders did in last year for fun and now this fun become reality.

Black Heat already isn't good and white wouldn't be either.

Warriors with rose? I though Portland is a Rose City and their classic streak continues now with Run TMC ('C' patch!).

Lakers I guess is a nod to Jerry West. With classic I see there is yellow on collar which is a mistake because their first white jersey ever was lack of it.

Btw I like that nike kept Futura logo on classics.

4r2eer.png

5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

So, is that 1996 All Star Game jersey for the All Star game (unlikely) or will the Spurs use it as a Classic or City? Also looks like the Suns will use shooting sun throwbacks, which will just bring up the question of why they didn’t do something closer to that for the new jerseys

07Giants.pngnyy.png

I’ve never been in love with the idea of the Blazers going the PDX carpet route, but I will say I’d be pretty content with the carpet pattern being contained within a sash rather than as an all-over pattern. Definitely interested to see the full thing.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Pistons teal Classic edition that was first hinted at back in 2019 by one of the beat writers seems to be confirmed; https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/nba/pistons/2019/11/18/detroit-pistons-tantalizing-teal-jerseys-could-hit-court-again-2022/4228726002/

I still hope every year they'll drop the gray Statement and bring back the mid 2000s red, but I expect to be disappointed on that yet again.

Seems like there's a number of teams doing late 90s/early 2000s classic editions next year. I know I'm getting old when it doesn't seem all that long ago they were just the regular jerseys..

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Waffles said:

Was wondering which Portland team would use the PDX carpet first. Looks like the Blazers got to it?

LA, Atlanta and Boston look like old Christmas uniform designs.

The Wizards cherry blossom uniforms are interesting. Look more soccer than basketball, but it's a nice-enough concept.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags