2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

3 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

the new jazz colors have slowly grown on me. but then again it's just black and yellow 

it just still really baffles me how they decided not to rebrand around the redrock jerseys. everything they need minus a white jersey is already there for them. 

C8-B4-E916-00-F9-495-F-8-C8-E-8-F7-DA91-

this could be their association edition

utah-jazz-city-edition-nba-swingman-jers

keep these and move them down to become the icon edition 

original__41015.1634234799.png?c=2

bring these back and make them the statement edition. and then boom you have yourself a top 5 jersey set in the league

c437aa428d28a04fc59136ba19970e8f.jpg

the logos are already there (they could make more matching ones if they want)

city2021_drib1_4x.jpg

and they already have one of the best looking basketball courts ever. 

This would make a really cool set but it really only represents a small portion of Utah. Although I guess most teams designs arent really statewide representational designs. 

On 2/22/2022 at 8:32 AM, Krz said:

from the same account, don’t know why the hawks would be rebranding though.

Even if it's not real, it's the Hawks.  They never know what they wanna look like for long.

Far as these Jazz leaks...I really have to question D-Wade's taste here.  The change they should be making is lightening the green from forest to kelly, but apparently this black/yellow change is happening, so whatever.  In any event, holy crap this is even more bland than their old two tone blue set.

• Like 6

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

14 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

the new jazz colors have slowly grown on me. but then again it's just black and yellow 

it just still really baffles me how they decided not to rebrand around the redrock jerseys. everything they need minus a white jersey is already there for them. 

bring these back and make them the statement edition. and then boom you have yourself a top 5 jersey set in the league

city2021_drib1_4x.jpg

It stands out to me that none of these images  — neither the jerseys, nor the court design — say "Jazz." They not only omit the word, but don't represent it either. If they were ever to do as you suggest and rebuild their image around this look, I would hope they'd do a complete rebrand -- name and all. 

This is one of the many things I dislike about the current NBA/Nike jersey program. In many cases, these are what uniforms would look like if designed by regional tourism boards. They're not even meant to represent team brands. 

I'm not suggesting this isn't a nice look. It just looks like it could easily be on the rack at a tourist-y t-shirt shop, right next to the sweatshirts that say "Property of Arches National Park."

• Like 4

18 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

city2021_drib1_4x.jpg

If they were committed to adopting black this is how they should have done it.

• Like 4

On 2/23/2022 at 12:50 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

The Jazz make me sad. I truly think thier rebranding is coming from a good place, and something needed to be done, but playing Columbus Crew dress-up is far from the answer. Not even close to it, really.

This team’s brand has fallen so far from the one I grew up with and loved. There used to be no doubt what they were: they were a solidly purple team who had a “New Orleans era” and a “Utah era”. It really was as simple as that. Fast forward 20 years and consider all of the in-between along the way, and they look like a team devoid of a brand or a personality altogether.

Rooting for a team who reeks of false promise and underachievement every single year is frustrating enough; add a crumbling brand that’s difficult to be proud of or connect with on top of that, and it’s almost a joke altogether. I’ll always be a Jazz fan, but right now I’m a frustrated one. I don’t know what this team wants to be or what it’s trying to achieve in so many aspects.

At this point the Jazz might as well change the name and the entire direction of the franchise with going this route.  I used to be a Jazz fan growing up but I got tired of the constant change of identity.  Then I moved to Phoenix in 05' that had an NBA team and moved on as a Suns fan ever since. 

5 hours ago, beachperroAZ said:

At this point the Jazz might as well change the name and the entire direction of the franchise with going this route.  I used to be a Jazz fan growing up but I got tired of the constant change of identity.  Then I moved to Phoenix in 05' that had an NBA team and moved on as a Suns fan ever since. 

The new all-yellow/black jersey might be better in yellow and green and just rename them as the Utah Ducks and get it over with.

large_20220228165307.jpg

On 2/27/2022 at 7:39 PM, pelicanfan said:

city2021_drib1_4x.jpg

I'm going to hold out hope that they'll do this, at least in some capacity. The owner's shirt suggests jt.

55 minutes ago, chakfu said:

I'm going to hold out hope that they'll do this, at least in some capacity. The owner's shirt suggests jt.

How does his shirt suggest anything? 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

On 2/27/2022 at 7:39 PM, pelicanfan said:

city2021_drib1_4x.jpg

This would be a great identity and uniform!!!! Too bad Nike or the NBA would change them in 2 years. In 2024 they will probably have red and blue uniforms. 

• Applause 1
  • Hurl 1

4 hours ago, sayahh said:

The new all-yellow/black jersey might be better in yellow and green and just rename them as the Utah Ducks and get it over with.

large_20220228165307.jpg

There it is! I couldn't figure out what it was about the new Jazz font that looked so familiar. It's just Baylor's but without the notches. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

9 hours ago, WSU151 said:

How does his shirt suggest anything? 

Isn't it the new plain black/yellow workmark superimposed on a Redrock rainbow background???    That seems like a clue and is more coherent than plain black yellow out of left field.   There's also a recolored yellow version of the Redrock gradient Utah outline.

I feel we've gotten so jaded about fake leaks and boys who cried wolf that we're missing out on fun speculation.   We legit saw the commanders helmet in a reflection and...crickets.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, chakfu said:

Isn't it the new plain black/yellow workmark superimposed on a Redrock rainbow background???    That seems like a clue and is more coherent than plain black yellow out of left field.   There's also a recolored yellow version of the Redrock gradient Utah outline.

I feel we've gotten so jaded about fake leaks and boys who cried wolf that we're missing out on fun speculation.   We legit saw the commanders helmet in a reflection and...crickets.

You must have been following a different thread because everyone and their mother talked about that reflection. But I don’t see how a regular redrock shirt from a random press conference is any indication of anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dont care said:

You must have been following a different thread because everyone and their mother talked about that reflection. But I don’t see how a regular redrock shirt from a random press conference is any indication of anything.

I thought it was the new wordmark, but one edge of the T has an angle that the jersey version doesn't.  Didn't remember seeing the yellow secondary logo recolor either.   For some reason I thought the shirt was referenced as a clue to the new set. Wishful thinking,, I guess.

As for the Commanders, it was just weird we acted like the identity wasnt confirmed after a clearly legit accidental reveal.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sayahh said:

large_20220228165307.jpg

Flashbacks to March Madness last year when some announcer kept calling Baylor “Oregon” 😐

• Like 1

Excellent!

I don’t think this identity will get the love it deserves until it’s gone.

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.png

They took the old 80’s identity, modernized it to fit with the new colors, and had a cool shoulder stripe that matches the side panel (until Nike’s template ruined it).

spacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 19
  • Love 3

On 3/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.png

They took the old 80’s identity, modernized it to fit with the new colors, and had a cool shoulder stripe that matches the side panel (until Nike’s template ruined it).

spacer.pngspacer.png

My only real gripes with these are the non-continuous side stripes and the mismatched front and back color trim.

I wish they would have used green as the primary away uniform colors though. They could have easily slid into the green/yellow niche with the absence of the Sonics. Using navy as the secondary color/alt color would have been a bolder move

On 3/5/2022 at 1:48 PM, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

spacer.pngspacer.png
spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

This set is great IMO, but I think it is time for a new fresh look. 

• Like 1