2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

3 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Where are the fans to boycott that rebrand? Leeds fans and some other football fans can force their clubs to ditched changes so Utah fans could try this also. I know, I know in US all merchandise are probably already made so Jazz, nike, NBA, etc. will loose money if they change minds and stop that rebrand but pluck it.

Current Jazz brand is their best brand since 90's one and they should keep that (change unis if you want).

Yeah, generally the best hope is that there's a major fan revolt and it's fixed in a couple of years or so, similar to what happened with the Chicago Fire's branding disaster a few years ago. The old days of fans stopping the 49ers logo change before it actually happens are gone.

• Like 1

This Jazz rebrand/unbrand is so bad that nobody is coming to the thread to accuse us of hating everything.

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

14 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

Has anybody changed color schemes more than the Jazz and now had more disparate changes?

The Nuggets are on that level.

• Like 4

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

52 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

The Nuggets are on that level.

They've definitely changed a lot. It's always been variations of shades blue, gold, and red outside of the rainbow look. I think the Jazz go beyond that. We've had green and gold, purple and gold, purple and blue, double blues, green and blue and gold, and now black and highlighter.

The Hawks and Cavaliers are pretty good candidates now that I think about it.

• Like 7

I spent Easter with a highly credible person who casually mentioned that the FO has been incredibly disappointed with the response to the recolor and the jersey leaks. Like, they genuinely believed this would be a hit.

No mention of the potential impact, just that no one was happy.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
  • Huh? 1

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

1 hour ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

I spent Easter with a highly credible person who casually mentioned that the FO has been incredibly disappointed with the response to the recolor and the jersey leaks. Like, they genuinely believed this would be a hit.

For real?  How tone deaf.  Like teal Pistons tone deaf.

• Like 10

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

2 hours ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

What do you mean changing the colors of a classic team for no discernible reason to something lifeless with no ties to team history or brand was a bad idea and nobody likes it? That's crazy, who could've guessed.

• Like 8
  • LOL 5

the user formerly known as cdclt

On 4/22/2022 at 7:21 AM, Froob said:

These are awful if they are real

Even if all the black were replaced with purple, it would still be bad.

3 hours ago, sayahh said:

Even if all the black were replaced with purple, it would still be bad.

Just not as bad, as Purple would at least have some historical significance with Utah here, but it would jar badly with the highlighter yellow.

I at least kept an open mind about Black/Yellow but held out some hope that there would be a good, well-executed design that would distract me from the fact about the Jazz opted for yet another color scheme, and that maybe the lovely shade of Gold that Utah has worn would survive the rebrand. Seeing that the leaks are pretty much true and that Utah are planning to wear this overplanned-yet-underdesigned postmodern look has all but dashed that hope (barring a last-second change).

Hopefully this serves as a lesson to Ryan Smith, Dwyane Wade, and anyone else involved with this project who blindly forged ahead with no consideration of fans' opinions or team history to not just throw stuff out there.

(Apparently Ryan Smith told Jazz social media marketing people to not be afraid of throwing out crazy/ugly ideas, when one was an awful 1980s-style computer font for game updates--other Jazz fans on here should know what I'm talking about.)

Didn't the Suns add a purple jersey to one of their previous sets at the last possible second (sometime in the early-mid 2010s)?

Edited by DustDevil61
Word cleanup, other Jazz fans
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, DustDevil61 said:

Just not as bad, as Purple would at least have some historical significance with Utah here, but it would jar badly with the highlighter yellow.

I at least kept an open mind about Black/Yellow but held out some hope that there would be a good, well-executed design that would distract me from the fact about the Jazz opted for yet another color scheme, and that maybe the lovely shade of Gold that Utah has worn would survive the rebrand. Seeing that the leaks are pretty much true and that Utah are planning to wear this overplanned-yet-underdesigned postmodern look has all but dashed that hope (barring a last-second change).

Hopefully this serves as a lesson to Ryan Smith, Dwyane Wade, and anyone else involved with this project who blindly forged ahead with no consideration of fans' opinions or team history to not just throw stuff out there.

(Apparently Ryan Smith told Jazz social media marketing people to not be afraid of throwing out crazy/ugly ideas, when one was an awful 1980s-style computer font for game updates--other Jazz fans on here should know what I'm talking about.)

Didn't the Suns add a purple jersey to one of their previous sets at the last possible second (sometime in the early-mid 2010s)?

Simple design CAN work, but Utah's redesign just doesn't. Wonder what they can tweak to make it work:

https://nbajerseydatabase.tumblr.com/post/187186077949/boston-celtics-2017

I'm in the vast minority of jazz fans but I liked the clean black/yellow/white leaks. Super clean and simple, which I like. I'm expecting the shorts to possibly have the very light blue/silver color in some kind of stripe/mountain design. 

I also think they are too far along with the new set to scratch it and move to purple. Like don't designs require 2 years notice to a change?

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, DJT said:

I'm in the vast minority of jazz fans but I liked the clean black/yellow/white leaks. Super clean and simple, which I like. I'm expecting the shorts to possibly have the very light blue/silver color in some kind of stripe/mountain design. 

I also think they are too far along with the new set to scratch it and move to purple. Like don't designs require 2 years notice to a change?

Only if these leaks are legit and finalized, I suppose.

2 hours ago, pepis21 said:

How the hell this guy became a billionaire?

Buddy I got some bad news for you regarding most billionaires… they aren’t that smart. Smart, yes, but only a few are actual geniuses. Most are just money hoarders who got lucky and are beneficiaries of a system that lets their wealth grow exponentially. They aren’t actually 30,000 times more productive or irreplaceable than a janitor.

These jerseys, if true, are some of the most offensive items Nike has ever produced. Detail-free, 1st grade level crap. And they’ll still short details on the replicas and ask for $100+

• Like 8

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins