2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

I would assume, at this point, that they'd just stand pat with what they're already wearing. If they're this late in the game reacting to fan sentiment, it would be the only practical approach. The music note statue color switcheroo would seem like one tiny clue toward that conclusion. 

Yeah, I'm mostly thinking of all the warm-up gear, etc. that has probably already been manufactured for next season in the black and yellow colors, especially if there is going to be a new template for that stuff - not sure the league would like the Jazz still using "last year's" style compared to everyone else.

59 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

Yeah, I'm mostly thinking of all the warm-up gear, etc. that has probably already been manufactured for next season in the black and yellow colors, especially if there is going to be a new template for that stuff - not sure the league would like the Jazz still using "last year's" style compared to everyone else.

If—and IMO it’s still a big if for the reasons listed above—the Jazz have pulled the plug on the rebrand, there’s still hope that a return to purple in a year or two could be on the table. Of course, purple could be on the table even if the rebrand goes through. 

As many on here have said, I’m not the biggest fan of the current Navy/Gold/Dark Green look Utah has sported, but it’s at least a more natural evolution of the team’s brand than Black/White/Highlighter Yellow.

• Like 4

Many of you know... I AM A ROCK HARD DIE-HARD JAZZ FAN! Season tickets, buy every style of uniform, attend events, etc. and everything. I hate to see the team rebrand every few years. 

As for their current brand, the logos, colors, uniforms. To me... it works.  I don't love the uniforms, but the navy, yellow, green is my favorite in the teams history. I love the logos! 

If the team does go with this black, yellow, white (possibly purple being now which is rumored)  i'm optimistic something great will come from it.

As for the Note outside the arena, the removed the black cover from the design as well. 

To me, removing that and going back to the navy, green, and yellow says something. I agree that something is in the works now for a couple years down the road, but I could be wrong.

Anyways, that is my thoughts on the matter. 

7 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I would assume, at this point, that they'd just stand pat with what they're already wearing. If they're this late in the game reacting to fan sentiment, it would be the only practical approach. The music note statue color switcheroo would seem like one tiny clue toward that conclusion. 

If Phoenix and Utah were allowed to wear their uniforms on the NBA's 74th anniversary (season?), then Utah can wear the unis for the 75th during the 76th.

Honestly at this point the Jazz should change the note outside the arena to a new color scheme every month or week?

It's been blue/yellow/green

Black/white

Gold/white

Let's do purple / white

Red white and blue for July

Orange maybe

Copper purple teal black

Let's get crazy

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Yawn 1

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I hope they get a team made that's more representative of LA. Both Lakers and clippers came from other cities and don't apply here.

Yeah but LA Wildcats has already been used. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

4 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

I hope they get a team made that's more representative of LA. Both Lakers and clippers came from other cities and don't apply here.

They can’t use anything star or Hollywood related, because that’s generally implied as Lakers territory (the Clippers themselves had the whole “Streetlights over Spotlights” campaign in 2020).

17 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Both names are already representative of LA despite the fact that they originated elsewhere. Lakers and clippers are types of ships and LA is home to America's busiest seaport. I don't blame people for not making the connection, though, because both teams use generic create-a-team logos that have nothing to do with their names.

As far as a name change is concerned: as a Clippers fan, I'm strongly against it, and I think most of the fanbase agrees. Winning our first championship as the Clippers would be a trillion times more special than doing it as the Stars or some other expansion team-tier name because of the rough history that we'd presumably be changing the name to get away from. Does anyone think the 2016 Cubs' championship would have been anywhere near as big of a deal if they had won it as, like, the Chicago Wind or something? I didn't think so.

Change the colors, change the logos, but keep the name intact would be my choice.

• Like 5

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I mean, I'd imagine Jazz merch being discarded at a Ross Dress for Less strengthens the theory that the rebrand has been scrapped.

Somebody go dig through some of those clothing pallets that get sent to the 3rd world to confirm.

• Like 5

jazzsig4

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

Jazz twitter account still has black-white note.

What about photos from Ross, those socks look like made by Unk (I guess the rest of clothes too) but from what I found Unk in 2020 became an Ultra Game and if rebrands are prepare two years prior then things starting to be really intresting.

• Like 1

4r2eer.png

When we first heard of the Jazz going to black and yellow, I was intrigued, because the NBA is missing a black/yellow team. I thought there was a lot of promise with that scheme, especially if it included that “ice blue” we saw from the All-Star logo…The leaks were disappointing to say the least. There’s a fine line between minimalist design and no design and the Jazz jersey leaks had no design. I’d be surprised if the whole thing has been entirely scrapped at this point, they’ve gotta have too much money in merchandise/advertising/etc., but who knows. If Utah does end up rolling with this rebrand, hopefully the shorts and the rest of the branding have something interesting going on.

• Like 5

16 hours ago, flyersfan said:

The league could use a true black and yellow team, but it shouldn't be the Jazz, and that (hopefully scrapped) rebrand look is awful

Back before the Nuggets introduced their 2003-04 look, I actually had thoughts of them utilizing that color scheme. Now, I'm not so sure, unless the NBA expands to Pittsburgh...

Anyway, I'm hoping Utah does end up scrapping the black and yellow redesign. It was a terrible idea with little to no basis in the team's history. They may not be as successful as the likes of the Bulls, Celtics, and Lakers (in terms of championships), but the Jazz (and the color purple) have become synonymous with Utah. There's too much tradition for it to go away in favor of something soulless. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Satomiblood said:

Back before the Nuggets introduced their 2003-04 look, I actually had thoughts of them utilizing that color scheme. Now, I'm not so sure, unless the NBA expands to Pittsburgh...

Anyway, I'm hoping Utah does end up scrapping the black and yellow redesign. It was a terrible idea with no basis in Utah's history. They may not be as successful as the likes of the Bulls, Celtics, and Lakers (in terms of championships), but the Jazz (and the color purple) have become synonymous with Utah. There's too much tradition for it to go away in favor of something soulless. 

The thing is ... it does have a connection with the state being the Beehive State and all. However, the TEAM should lean into its' history with purple and J-note. Stop flirting with full-time Utah looks. We're the Jazz.

• Like 2

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

I personally would have liked to see Memphis adopt black/yellow with some trim of either silver/charcoal or their current light blue (the way they currently use their yellow). To me that colorway fits "Grit & Grind" moreso than their current one...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||