2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

21 minutes ago, kimball said:

The thing is ... it does have a connection with the state being the Beehive State and all. However, the TEAM should lean into its' history with purple and J-note. Stop flirting with full-time Utah looks. We're the Jazz.

Yeah, that's what I meant by Utah's history (not the state's history, but the team's). For everything else, I think the red rock set was a great tribute piece.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, kimball said:

The thing is ... it does have a connection with the state being the Beehive State and all. However, the TEAM should lean into its' history with purple and J-note. Stop flirting with full-time Utah looks. We're the Jazz.

Agreed. It’s definitely a topic for another thread, but if Utah  were to somehow land an MLB team, I could get behind a Black/Yellow (maybe with some Light Blue or Teal)  team, but it just doesn’t work for the Jazz.

59 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I personally would have liked to see Memphis adopt black/yellow with some trim of either silver/charcoal or their current light blue (the way they currently use their yellow). To me that colorway fits "Grit & Grind" moreso than their current one...

Reminds me of the concept i did last year, based on their NXTUP marketing campaign: https://www.instagram.com/p/CP02_vZjNoZ/

Agreed that the NBA needs a black/yellow team...could be the Grizz, Thunder (storm + lightning) or a Vegas team using black + vegas gold.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Just a matter of time, especially with the overhauled arena🤞🏻

KeyArena situation reminds of the LA Colisseum.

15 hours ago, Haz_Matt said:

Are we sure the Jazz haven't back tracked, given the poor reaction by fans to the leaks? Could they decide to change it and push it back a year or is it too late in the process for that?

Feel like it’s too late. These things are decided well in advance. 

Maybe they’re planning their next rebrand already though lol…

• Like 1

Excellent!

1 minute ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Celtic's choosing to wear white at home means karma is on their side.

Nah: they also chose to have advertising on their uni so it's a wash.

29 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

One of the clunkiest little anniversary logos I've seen in a long time. I went in expecting a fiesta celebration and got a box of dark gears.

Since the majority of San Antonio's history has been in sliver and black I think it makes sense to go that route.  If that badge were on the uniforms I'd probably like to see fiesta colors but I don't think we'll see that unless it's on the back of the jerseys where the NBA logo is. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

17 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

What's with the millitary/camo shade of brown?

It's supposed to be gold. Could just be desaturation of the logo. It does look close to sand as opposed to old gold though. 

Spurs unveil new logo for 50th Anniversary season - Pounding The Rock

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

49 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

It's supposed to be gold. Could just be desaturation of the logo. It does look close to sand as opposed to old gold though. 

Spurs unveil new logo for 50th Anniversary season - Pounding The Rock

Looks more like bronze.  If it was supposed to be gold then they didn't execute it well, imo.

1 minute ago, sayahh said:

Looks more like bronze.  If it was supposed to be gold then they didn't execute it well, imo.

It may be intentionally bronze, but I thought 50 years was a golden anniversary. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I really wonder what my Heat will do for the City edition. 

In all honesty, I wish they just went Vice full time and retired our current sets. Nothing wrong with them, but we’ve had the same look for over 20 years over multiple different eras and ever since the Vice was introduced I can’t get over it. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1