2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kimball

18 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

SatX sounds kinda like a satellite tv station with "those" movies.

I'm just surprised we didn't get a SATX jersey yet. If you write SATX as where you're from, everyone pretty much knows that you're from San Antonio, even when not in Texas. Which is weird to me, but kind of cool at the same time.Β 

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

I'm just surprised we didn't get a SATX jersey yet. If you write SATX as where you're from, everyone pretty much knows that you're from San Antonio, even when not in Texas. Which is weird to me, but kind of cool at the same time.Β 

Β 

I get what you're saying, and I'm sure there is probably even a certain amount of local pride in using that abbreviation, but you can pretty much say something similar for every major American city at this point. It's not unique.Β 

Β 

But perhaps it's better to think of this in the same way we think of the various City Editions in NBA and MLB. The idea isn't to market the brand to a broad audience, but to a hyper local one.Β 

Β 

So the SATX logos might not work for me, but they're probably not supposed to.Β 

• Like 2

As far as the draft hats are concerned, literally anything is better than the bootleg gas station hats that Adidas was putting out in the late 2000s.

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

spacer.png

Β 

I'm pretty sure the target audience for these things was the same demographic that only watches college basketball because "they play defense, unlike the NBA." πŸ™„

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 5/23/2022 at 5:51 PM, bowld said:

spacer.png

Β 

On 5/23/2022 at 7:04 PM, VDizzle12 said:

The spur on SATX seems a bit forced. I almost wish they would have had it angled, like the primary logo, coming off the left side of the A.

I'm surprised how incredibly amateur these logos are. The spur on the X is extremely forced, all while they could've made it come off the left leg of the X, it is right there. Also creating such an awkward huge negative space between the TX, which also could've been resolved.

The state shaped logo is fine, but why include the depth effect on the stem of the spur and not have it anywhere else on the graphic, making it stick out like a sore thumb?

Then they shrinkΒ the SATX logo with all its outlines as is and slap it onto a ball, creating unnecessary clutter and inconsistency in the outlines of the resulting logo.

• Like 5

I think what bothers me most about the new Spurs secondaries - aside from the fact that they do indeed look ameteurish - is just how totally unnecessary they are. Do they really need these logos? The Spurs have pretty much gotten away with primary logo and standalone spur logo for years and have never needed anything else (there were those few years in the 90’s when they had the third alternative spur logo, but that wasn’t necessary either and was rightfully scrapped by the early 00’s).Β 
Β 

I just feel like these were made for the sake of having them. They have a few different alternative marks they’ve used for thier La Cultura lifestyle brand that have never been official marks, I feel like these (if they really had to have them, poorly done as they are) could’ve fallen into that category instead. Teams in the NBA especially really need to start simplifying things, it’s getting out hand when the Spurs of all teams start throwing junk at the wall like this.

Β 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

51 minutes ago, truepg said:

I'm surprised how incredibly amateur these logos are.

Β 

The Spurs logos are bad, but not really all that surprising when looking around the league. The NBA has some of the worst, most amateur-looking logos out of any major US professional sports league.

Β 

22269212018.gif22216762018.gif23068302020.gif23637762019.gif21956712016.gifhsuff5m3dgiv20kovde422r1f.gifbszgtjejcchfvx0qlsqjifdci.gifkhmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif

Β 

Β 

• Like 11

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Β 

The Spurs logos are bad, but not really all that surprising when looking around the league. The NBA has some of the worst, most amateur-looking logos out of any major US professional sports league.

Β 

22269212018.gif22216762018.gif23068302020.gif23637762019.gif21956712016.gifhsuff5m3dgiv20kovde422r1f.gifbszgtjejcchfvx0qlsqjifdci.gifkhmovcnezy06c3nm05ccn0oj2.gif

Β 

Β 

Β 

Yeah, sure, but the Thunder and the Nets logos don't really have much design "flaws" as they're just poor logos, and that Clippers' on a level of its own, of course (even though the LAC monogram is decent to me). Then there are those modifications in the form of unnecessary add-ons to what used to be very solid logos -Β the Cavs, Wizards, Rockets - that make the new entity weak or visually dysfunctional.

Β 

Those new Spurs' logos, though, have design flaws that shouldn't have made it past the senior designers in charge.

2 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

The most disappointing part is how the 2K League of all things has better logos than some of the actual teams.

Β 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 14
  • Love 4

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

On 5/23/2022 at 11:01 AM, DJT said:

Not sure I like "SATX" But the logos are pretty nice.Β 

Β 

They're going to play a few regular season games in Austin next year, and apparently trying to make the Austin-SA corridor more of a thing. Wonder if SATX is a subtle nod to ATX, since people actually call Austin ATX.

42 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

Β 

The most disappointing part is how the 2K League of all things has better logos than some of the actual teams.

Β 

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

It's absolutely wild how true this claim is. With the exception of a few, the 2k league logos are so much better than the teams' actual logos. Like, for example, this quick edit I made of the Knicks' 2kL logo would be so much cleaner for their logo than what they currently have:

GfwV0d7.gif

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, austinbanta said:

Β 

They're going to play a few regular season games in Austin next year, and apparently trying to make the Austin-SA corridor more of a thing. Wonder if SATX is a subtle nod to ATX, since people actually call Austin ATX.

There's enough people in San Antonio freaking out that the spur in the Texas logo is closer to Austin than San Antonio. Which is just hilarious to me. The Spurs are also building a new training facility closer to where the players live on the northwest side of San Antonio.Β 

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β 

On 5/23/2022 at 1:03 PM, MJWalker45 said:

Β 

I've history been to San Antonio a few times, but is legit the first time I've seen or heard of SATX, as a thing or otherwise...

Β 

1 hour ago, austinbanta said:

Β 

Β 

...now that I'm far more familiar with.

Β 

I suppose it ain't the worst thing in the world for the Spurs to try to market themselves to ATX as well, being that the two locals are what, 80 miles from each other? For their sake, I hope it works out for them.

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || BehanceΒ ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Β 

I've history been to San Antonio a few times, but is legit the first time I've seen or heard of SATX, as a thing or otherwise...

Β 

Β 

...now that I'm far more familiar with.

Β 

I suppose it ain't the worst thing in the world for the Spurs to try to market themselves to ATX as well, being that the two locals are what, 80 miles from each other? For their sake, I hope it works out for them.

They're planning 3 games in Austin and one in Mexico so it should help. It'll probably be the lower attended games at first.

km3S7lo.jpg

Β 

Zqy6osx.png

Β