2022-23 NBA Logo & Jersey Changes

kolob

18 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I've flown through Portland and never noticed their airport carpet.  I guess I don't have an artistic eye.  

Trying to make it out as something special and worthy of honoring on a uniform seems kinda... dumb.  Really scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of Portland landmarks and civic pride.

Can't wait for the Wizards alternates that honor DC's pee stained Metro carpets!

Susan Stumme on Twitter: "Dang, they dusted off the DC Metro cars with  CARPET https://t.co/rOpYKxzSyU" / Twitter

PDX carpet has its own Wikipedia page

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portland_International_Airport_carpet

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

6 minutes ago, Digby said:

PDX's carpet has been a local meme since before we even called them memes. Kind of ridiculous and painfully Portland, sure. But by the criteria of the City program it is a slam dunk. 

That's fair.  I guess its not any less  more* stupid than the rest of them.  

EDIT: Meant to say more.  Looking in the mirror, now who's stupid.  I'll show myself out.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

90758391980.gif

9 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

I've flown through Portland and never noticed their airport carpet.  I guess I don't have an artistic eye.  

Trying to make it out as something special and worthy of honoring on a uniform seems kinda... dumb.  Really scraping the bottom of the barrel in terms of Portland landmarks and civic pride.

Can't wait for the Wizards alternates that honor DC's pee stained Metro carpets!

Susan Stumme on Twitter: "Dang, they dusted off the DC Metro cars with  CARPET https://t.co/rOpYKxzSyU" / Twitter

Search “PDX carpet”, it’s a HUGE thing here. A certain segment of fans have clamored for a PDX carpet-themed uni for a long time now and the pattern has been used in so many applications now that it’s honestly ridiculous. I’ve never really been a proponent of a PDX-carpet themed uni, but I will say now that it seems like they’re actually doing it, I’m really glad it’ll just be contained within a sash on a black base instead of an all-over pattern or even a teal base with patterned accents. Ironically, the carpet was changed in 2015 to a different design, but the old pattern is still (mostly) beloved and still has iconic status here. They are bringing the old pattern back in a new terminal at PDX scheduled to open in 2024.

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

That's my big beef with the city jerseys... the fact that they HAVE to change every year.  Every city has a limited amount of things worth celebrating. Even New York and LA. 

I could halfway accept if, say, my Bucks made every city jersey with a cream base, thus giving it some sort of consistency that actually alludes to the city. But as it is... I'm dreading when they finally scrape the bottom of the barrel and trot out a brown jersey because they want me to celebrate cryptosporidium. (For the uninitiated... google that at your own risk.)

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, NicDB said:

That's my big beef with the city jerseys... the fact that they HAVE to change every year.  Every city has a limited amount of things worth celebrating. Even New York and LA. 

I could halfway accept if, say, my Bucks made every city jersey with a cream base, thus giving it some sort of consistency that actually alludes to the city. But as it is... I'm dreading when they finally scrape the bottom of the barrel and trot out a brown jersey because they want me to celebrate cryptosporidium. (For the uninitiated... google that at your own risk.)

The whole concept of the City edition has always struck me as gimmicky minor league baseball branding. I understand it's just excuses to pump out new jerseys every year and increase merchandise sales, but I wish the whole thing would just go away.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

3 hours ago, NicDB said:

They HAVE to change every year… unless you’re the Suns or Jazz lol

• LOL 1

I'm glad the Jazz are not only keeping the J-note/number combo, but also promoting it to primary status. It's clever, and makes me appreciate a logo more that was never one of my favorites. Of course, I'm also the only person on the planet who liked the Clippers' old red jerseys with the LAC logo and number side-by-side, so there's that.

That light powder blue color hinted at in the All-Star Game logo makes their rebrand a little more interesting than it would be with just black and yellow. I'm intrigued to see how it's incorporated in the uniforms.

• Like 5

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

1 hour ago, Lights Out said:

I'm glad the Jazz are not only keeping the J-note/number combo, but also promoting it to primary status. It's clever, and makes me appreciate a logo more that was never one of my favorites. Of course, I'm also the only person on the planet who liked the Clippers' old red jerseys with the LAC logo and number side-by-side, so there's that.

That light powder blue color hinted at in the All-Star Game logo makes their rebrand a little more interesting than it would be with just black and yellow. I'm intrigued to see how it's incorporated in the uniforms.

It'll be very interesting to see how they use it since our tiny glimpses at the jerseys don't have that color at all.

I'm speculating they may have some stripe/mountain design on the shorts that use it with a black trim or something. 

• Like 1

On 2/23/2022 at 11:27 AM, beachperroAZ said:

The Jazz are the Canucks and Padres of NBA.  They can't freaking decide on an identity and stick with it long term.  Although it looks like the Padres might have finally figured it out.

Oh, how I wish the NBA would read this text.  Some team identities shouldn't be touched, while yes, maybe over the last few years some teams have finally found it's niche only to get rid of it a year later. I can't help but thinking what a great LONG TERM identity this would have been for OKC.

Dq7Pb_bU8AA9cd6.jpg

• Like 14
  • Love 1

On 2/23/2022 at 3:13 PM, FamousAtticus said:

Patiently waiting for an Orlando Magic leak. Hoping that we ditch the "orange" theme and finally bring back the T-Mac era road (or home) sublimated star/dazzle jerseys for a handful of games next season or the following 2023-2024 season.

desperately hoping we can finally go back to the old pinstripes 

• Like 2

spacer.png

On 2/22/2022 at 12:34 PM, UnclearInitial said:

spacer.png

Ryan Smith looks like the type of rich douche who wears plain $500 “luxury” t shirts and baseball caps and desperately wants to look cool. Wade isn’t going to care about the history of the Jazz as much  as what can look good on the runways and black is always a fashionable color. I would be shocked if the Jazz didn’t have a black primary if their color scheme is black/white/yellow

Interesting how the t shirt incorporates the desert rainbow city look with the new scheme.

6 hours ago, Dynasty said:

Utah could potentially be the black and gold team of the NBA, but that bright yellow is gonna be hard on the eyes.

I guess I just need to see the full package, whenever that'll be.

spacer.png

Been using these on 2k and I'm really liking the look. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Dynasty said:

I guess I just need to see the full package, 

I'll send you a link for my Only Fans.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

57 minutes ago, MGoBlue98 said:

I’m not hating on these, but this uniform looks (to me) to be a little too plain. 

Don't worry: they'll add ad patch(es).

Be careful what you wish for.

the new jazz colors have slowly grown on me. but then again it's just black and yellow 

it just still really baffles me how they decided not to rebrand around the redrock jerseys. everything they need minus a white jersey is already there for them. 

C8-B4-E916-00-F9-495-F-8-C8-E-8-F7-DA91-

this could be their association edition

utah-jazz-city-edition-nba-swingman-jers

keep these and move them down to become the icon edition 

original__41015.1634234799.png?c=2

bring these back and make them the statement edition. and then boom you have yourself a top 5 jersey set in the league

c437aa428d28a04fc59136ba19970e8f.jpg

the logos are already there (they could make more matching ones if they want)

city2021_drib1_4x.jpg

and they already have one of the best looking basketball courts ever. 

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Applause 1

IMG-7122.gif