Lower League US Soccer

seasaltvanilla

42 minutes ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

I much prefer that sort of naming as the norm.

Simple?

Not sure why you wouldn't just call them what they are, Reserves.

B is ok, but 2 is just so basic and i think it ruins the Main Clubs image.

Logano wins BOWL before Chargers.

5 hours ago, QCS said:

[Team name] II names should be illegal.

Was totally on board with you as long as they were involved with USL. I think in that scenario, they all should've been required to go the Tacoma Defiance/Bethlehem Steel route of going with their own brand in a distinct but close-by market. Legitimizes those teams to some extent, since they're actually trying to represent fans. North Texas and Real Monarchs are marginal names but at least they have their own logos.

I guess in a Reserve League, it's not quite *as* bad to have 2s and Bs, but unfortunately now the teams with remotely compelling brands can't avoid being dragged down to that level... I feel bad for Rhinos fans; glad at least RGVFC avoided becoming Dynamo 2 or w/e.

2 hours ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

And it's lazy.

True enough... Even if you go with the lazy naming, it just bothers me how low effort some of these logos are when they don't have to be. Atlanta should adopt the spike from their ATL2 logo into the first team logo, the Monarchs have a beautifully rendered lion, and at least Union 2 and Whitecaps 2 have *some* visual distinction/thought to them. NYC2, Chicago 2, Cincy 2, though; sooooo bad. Miami 2 gets "Miami" twice, which is almost funny.

Also, I feel like there's an easy improvement for New England II rather than the nearly invisible change:

tVZjU9u.png

• Like 2

I also find the "2" theme very boring, but it is pretty common in global football.   I just wish they had been more original:

Inter Miami Dos

Vancouver 2nd Wave

Minnesota FC 2nd Born Twin

NYCFC 2 Train

LA Binary Galaxy

LAFFCC

CIncinnatwo FC

Philadelphia Union 2nd Shift

Montreal CF Deux

Chicago FIre 2nd City

Something interesting at least. 

• Like 1

I was quite disappointed a few years back when Sporting KC changed the name of its USL outfit from Swope Park Rangers, which I thought was brilliant, to Sporting KC II.  I also recall attending the press conference when the Timbers announced the name of their second team and leaving incredibly underwhelmed, especially by the really weak logo. 

I'd be interested in hearing the logic behind the 2 trend and whether it's something encouraged by the league. It seems to me as if there's some concern about brand recognition and the teams/league wanting it (embarrassingly) clear that these are offshoots of parent MLS clubs.  The NBA clearly doesn't have this level of concern since most of its G-League teams carry unique brands. 

I could see in some limited circumstances where the name might be convenient. In St. Louis, for example, naming the team St. Louis City 2 makes some sense when it comes to building brand equity for new a franchise. But for some of the others, it's a real head-scratcher. 

• Applause 1

2 hours ago, WideRight said:

I also find the "2" theme very boring, but it is pretty common in global football.   I just wish they had been more original:

Even if I'm not crazy about some of the specifics, the approach is good here, and I like "Second City Fire" (or maybe "Second City Brigade") for Chicago : )

The Quakes should totally have their second team named "Tremors" or "Foreshocks"

16 hours ago, WideRight said:

Inter Miami Dos

Vancouver 2nd Wave

NYCFC 2 Train

LA Binary Galaxy

LAFFCC

CIncinnatwo FC

Montreal CF Deux

Chicago FIre 2nd City

Colorado Creeks

Seattle Lakers

New England War of 1812

• LOL 1

the LA Galaxy II is called "Los Dos" locally, even tough the have a bog standard logo with a 2 forced into it.

So mostly it's not just the names that are uninspiring, but also the cookie cutter (slight tweak to the MLS team with a 2 or II added)

As many MLS 2 sides will go to MLS Next Pro or whatever, USL will have less and less of those  "2" teams.

22 hours ago, WideRight said:

Inter Miami Dos

Vancouver 2nd Wave

NYCFC 2 Train

LA Binary Galaxy

LAFFCC

CIncinnatwo FC

Montreal CF Deux

Chicago FIre 2nd City

Crew Live 2 would've been a nice one.

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

San Diego reveal their new jerseys for 2022

Love the "Tequila Sunrise" stripes on the front, dig the much more accurate/vibrant colors on the home jersey.
Interesting remark on the away regarding the (street) pattern, too light and you can't see it unless up close, too dark and it looks dirty from afar.

their logo and frankly name still sucks tough.
Their SD monogram - which is already on their logo (could also double for the sun and a ball) is so much better than the loyal word mark.
There is such an easy fix, if they just would remove the loyal word mark from the logo.  
added bonus: it also would be much more usable as a logo application from very large to very small

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, element7ero said:

Love the "Tequila Sunrise" stripes on the front, dig the much more accurate/vibrant colors on the home jersey.
Interesting remark on the away regarding the (street) pattern, too light and you can't see it unless up close, too dark and it looks dirty from afar.

Their SD monogram - which is already on their logo (could also double for the sun and a ball) is so much better than the loyal word mark.
There is such an easy fix, if they just would remove the loyal word mark from the logo.  
added bonus: it also would be much more usable as a logo application from very large to very small

These area huge upgrade to what they had the last two years. I especially love the green home kit

• Like 1

On 3/5/2022 at 4:51 AM, element7ero said:

These are really nice. I also think it's pretty cool how they got Yoda to make one of their slogans: "San Diego, we are."

On 2/25/2022 at 12:13 PM, WideRight said:

Inter Miami Dos

Vancouver 2nd Wave

NYCFC 2 Train

LA Binary Galaxy

LAFFCC

CIncinnatwo FC

Montreal CF Deux

Chicago FIre 2nd City

On 2/26/2022 at 5:09 AM, Digby said:

Colorado Creeks

Seattle Lakers

New England War of 1812

On 2/26/2022 at 10:21 AM, MJWalker45 said:

Crew Live 2 would've been a nice one.

I know I'm late to the party, but: 

2nd shot of New York Red Bull

Orlando City 2: Simba's Pride 

San Diego Aftershocks 

Portland Two-thpicks 

Two-ronto FC

St. Louis Double Arches (just change the blue to yellow)
Houston 2nd Ward Dynamo (this would actually have some legit meaning since the neighborhood is just three blocks away from the stadium...)

• LOL 1

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

On 2/17/2022 at 2:41 PM, plobrien said:

Didn't see them posted in last years thread, Central Valley Fuego FC is beginning play in USL League One this year. They unveiled their logo about a year ago. 

No official uniform reveal yet but player signings are being announced with these jerseys from Capelli Sport. I guess they could possibly just be practice jerseys though.

Timbers 2 (which was supposed to be rebranded at some point) have new black primary shirts this year with Tillamook cheese as the front sponsor. I don’t want the first team to ever adopt black primaries, but I actually like how the black/green/gold combo looks for the second team. I LOVE the Tillamook sponsor logo, and I would not be opposed at all to seeing the first team have that if they ever lose the Alaska Airlines deal (though I’m hoping that deal keeps going for a long time). 
spacer.png

I will say, it’s unfortunate that the names/numbers are white as well as the adidas logo & stripes on the socks:

spacer.png 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1