Forfeit?!

WJMorris3

But look at the facts before jumping on the Yankees.

We have [edited]******!

You're on a roll today, keep it up... please

Is somebody a little angered today? "Bonehead" isn't nearly as bad as the other comments Chris. Come on.

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I think if any other team asks for a forefit we would hate that team as well. I only think there should be a forefit in MLB if the other team agrees on it.

That may be true, and I agree with you on when there only should be a forfeit. However, I feel most people are being extra hard on this because of the Yankees.

But look at the facts before jumping on the Yankees.

We have [edited]******!

You're on a roll today, keep it up... please

Is somebody a little angered today? "Bonehead" isn't nearly as bad as the other comments Chris. Come on.

eh, its not as bad as what could have been said i guess, but it wasnt necessary, which is probably why CC edited it. I think we all need to lighten up a lil bit, "cant we all just get along?"

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

My question is if the Devil Rays were at tropicana field at 8 and didn't leave untill 1, what did they do for those 5 hours. Why couldn't they leave earlier and make it on time?

I believe the airports were closed. Or maybe they just didn't want to play ball that day unlike the 161 other times they show up on time?

The last time a forfeit was awarded was in 1918. Why even bother asking for one now?

Oh yeah, because Steinbrenner and Cashman are [Self Edit]s

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I believe that a forfeit was awarded in the mid to late 90's when the Dodgers' "ball night" resulted in a rain of horsehide in Chavez Ravine. Also, the Washington Senators forfeited their last home game when the fans began dismantling various parts of RFK Stadium during the course of the game.

Last 5 MLB Forfeits

1995 -- Cardinals over Dodgers (unruly L.A. fans)

1979 -- Tigers over White Sox (unruly Sox fans)

1977 -- Blue Jays over Orioles (O's refused to take field)-x

1974 -- Rangers over Indians (unruly Indians fans)

1971 -- Yankees over Senators (unruly Senators fans)

x-Orioles felt a tarpaulin in outfield was hazardous to their left fielder

Source: SI.com

I saw, I came, I left.

Also, the White Sox had to forfiet the second game of the double header on Disco Demolition night.

Also, back in 1979 the Yankees would have had to forfeit a game if they didn't make it back to New York in time from Thurman Munson's funeral. Of course they got back in time and they won the game.

My fault -

The last time an MLB game was forfeited 'because the other team didnt show up' was 1918

That was my fault, I misquoted the fact, and I appologize.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

eh, its not as bad as what could have been said i guess, but it wasnt necessary, which is probably why CC edited it. I think we all need to lighten up a lil bit, "cant we all just get along?"

Something we're all guilty of! :D

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It is also funny how people are calling the Yankees greedy right now. Because MLB denied the Yankees request the Yankees will make more money. Had a forfiet been awarded then the Yankees wouldn't have that extra home game to sell tickets for. Yesterday was a one admission double-header.

My question is if the Devil Rays were at tropicana field at 8 and didn't leave untill 1, what did they do for those 5 hours. Why couldn't they leave earlier and make it on time?

People aren't calling the Yankees greedy in this case because of money. They're being called greedy because they asked for a 'free' win in a close division race. If the Yankees still had their 10 or so game lead and asked for this, I doubt this would be an issue at all.

Just out of curitiosity, where did you see what time they were at the ball park? Because in the article I read had Lou Pinella quoted and he made it sound like they spent the time with their families. I might've misunderstood him though.

IUe6Hvh.png

I am so loving that the cry-baby, wimpy bitch Yankees are the only team in 30 years to demand a forfeit due to natural disaster. It shows their true colors as greedy, win-at-all-costs, we-dont-care-about-the-baseball-just-the-money, selfish, ignorant bastards.

THIS, new yawkers, is why the entire rest of the world despises your home team.

For they are evil.

EVIL YANKEES!

they will do anything to win, especialy with (insert Jaws soundtrack here) tHE RED SOX COMING UP FROM THEDEAD

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

They have no god damn merit in asking for a forfeit. This is plain ignorance by the Yankees, this shows what class Mr. Steinbrenner has (NONE). WE JUST WENT THROUGH A HURRICANE. Don't you think the players would want to be with their families? I'm sure the Yankees' players would have wanted to be with their families.Like the AOL article said, "How low will the Yanks go?". These hurricanes aren't a 1 or 2 hour event. They are a 8-16 hour event. They are the scariest thing on Earth. You have the sound of a freight train in your ears for 8-12 hours. You here objects constantly hitting against your house at 100+ mph. You can hear the shingles peeling off your house and in bad cases the whole roof. Rain 12-20 inches high almost in your house. You tell a child their dad isn't their to comfort him when he or she needs it most because they are off playing baseball making Steinbrenner more money. The rest of the country gave NY respect and it's time to heal during the September 11th attacks, so at least give us some damn respect as we pull our belongings from the rubble and let the Devil Rays get to Yankee Stadium late.

GOD I HATE THE YANKEES!!!!!!!!

1997 | 2003

Why can't they play a double header today, or tomorrow to make up for the first game they missed on Monday?

They're doing just that tomorrow.

BTW, the Yanks withdrew their forfeit request today; apparently they saw the mountain of bad press they were getting and decided to cut bait.

FWIW, I was listening to Brian Cashman on WFAN on my way home from work, and boy, did Mike Francesca and Chris Russo lean into him over this. Cashman was still spouting the party line (they didn't show for the game, rules are rules, etc.), but Mike and Chris didn't get off him for a second. Good times.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Let me just clear something up - I argue the Yankees' point because I feel that it needs to be mentioned considering all the Yankee-bashing that's been going on the last two days or so. At the same time, in no way do I personally feel that the Devil Rays should be forced to forfeit (and if you read the wording of my posts very carefully you will see that).

Bash the morality of the Yankees' moves over the last two days all you want. But the Yanekes' front office is not trying to be moral, they're trying to gain every competitive advantage (and hold onto every competitive advantage they already had) while they're in a pennant race. That is their job. I cannot speak for everyone there, but I'd bet that if you asked Brian Cashman the man, and not Brian Cashman the Yankees' General Manager, he'd agree that Tampa Bay should be given whatever time they need to be at home with their family. But again, the Yankees' front office people feel that it is their job to look out for the interests of their team in a tight pennant race, and they will do that.

Now, by all means, continue the Yankee bashing....

Archived