2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

Not yet this season, but they have done it several times in the five years (!!!) that they've had this set:

1084193982.jpeg

usatsi_16975457.jpg

Throw some teal sock on that baby and you've got an average NFL set. Throw some stripes on the pants and double outlines on the numbers and you've got the Jags original set (top tier).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, LA Fakers+ LA Snippers said:

Throw some teal sock on that baby and you've got an average NFL set. Throw some stripes on the pants and double outlines on the numbers and you've got the Jags original set (top tier).

except the numbers are generic. The whole thing is generic. Again the previous set was salvageable. This was an overreaction by Coughlin 

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

17 hours ago, BBTV said:

Disagree on the Jaguars because their teal is so light that it actually emphasis the yoga-pants look, as opposed to the Ravens where the whole uniform is dark.  I do like teal over black for the Jags, but not with black socks.  Or, at least not solid full-length black.

I have to also disagree with your proposal for a new "rule of thumb", at least as it is applied to teams with with the same color shell and facemask.  I dislike the Bills with solid white socks, and any of the gray-masked teams wouldn't look good.  My "rule of thumb" is that the socks shouldn't match the pants, with the exception of the Ravens when they go purple over black.  It's an admittedly imperfect rule.

Agree to disagree, it and the teal-socked variant are 1a and 1b for me. I think the leggings work better now than they did in the past due to the simple nature of the current set. As for the Rule, it’s definitely a disqualifier if the team is wearing the wrong facemask anyways (like the Bills, who should have a blue mask and would fit the rule well in that case). It works to perfection for the Packers, Saints, Panthers, Bucs, Browns, etc. As for grey masks, my personal opinion would be that- *FBI operatives gag me from behind and take me into custody before I can open that can of worms*

10 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

Still doesn’t hold a candle to their original all black set. 

spacer.png

Fun fact: this was the original head-to-toe black set. No team had ever worn a black helmet, jersey, pants, and socks together before the Jags in 2002. The Falcons introduced theirs a year later, then the Ravens a couple years after that. Such a cool alt to see as a young fan, since black was already such an integral part of the Jags look before the rest of the league diluted the whole concept with BFBS BS, then it only got ten times worse this last offseason.

While we’re at it, they also were the first team to have tri-colored numbers where none of the colors were the base color of the jersey. And essentially their whole jersey design (Black cuffs, secondary logo on the sleeves, tri-colored numbers) would be copied almost verbatim by the Ravens and Bucs shortly after the Jags debuted. Not to mention how the Bengals would copy the full-bodied sleeve cat concept just two years after the Jags came out with theirs. Literally copycats. The Jags uniforms were so brilliant and groundbreaking for the time, and there’s no reason they couldn’t have been timeless.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Seattle has now confirmed their week 7 combo. Gray pants with the white jerseys.

Thank God this game is gonna look so much better now. Still mad though that the Chargers busted out their navy alternates against a navy team that they only play at home once every 8 years

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Now make the navy jersey and silver pants the primary. Leave the all navy to a once or twice a year alternate. Silver pants on the road would also be nice.

I could see navy/silver and white/navy as the primaries just like the previous set. 

• Like 3