2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats wear the red throwbacks again this week, although it would be unlikely. The players were apparently clamoring to keep them after the Detroit game, and the team only scheduled two games of them this season. If they want to use a third, Monday Night Football against the Bears (presumably with the starting QB coming back) is a great time to do it. But I also understand if they want to avoid the Super Bowl XX talk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fouhy12 said:

I wouldn't be shocked if the Pats wear the red throwbacks again this week, although it would be unlikely. The players were apparently clamoring to keep them after the Detroit game, and the team only scheduled two games of them this season. If they want to use a third, Monday Night Football against the Bears (presumably with the starting QB coming back) is a great time to do it. But I also understand if they want to avoid the Super Bowl XX talk.

That would be awesome if they were able to do that. They should've picked that Bears game for throwbacks to begin with.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, canzman said:

Seahawks @ Chargers
Qpj1MxB.jpg8sykIzO.jpg

I think Seahawks will wear white/grey this week. They have worn that combo for the last 2 years against blue teams so hopefully that trend continues otherwise this game is going to look like a mess with the chargers in all navy and the Seahawks in white/navy.

• Like 2

The Chargers are in their bonus uniform with different colors from the rest of their set that everyone but need seems to love.

• Huh? 4

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, GoHawks said:

I think Seahawks will wear white/grey this week. They have worn that combo for the last 2 years against blue teams so hopefully that trend continues otherwise this game is going to look like a mess with the chargers in all navy and the Seahawks in white/navy.

Against the Texans and Bills they wore white/grey. But against the Colts it was the navy pants.

So far, Seattle has worn the all white and white jersey/navy pants at Sofi Stadium. But that was with the Ram. For the Chargers I guess they will roll out the grey pants, and the white/grey has yet to make its appearance. I could see them go all white again though. Just a hunch.

The NFL Rulebook only states the following: Surnames of players in letters a minimum of 2½ inches high must be affixed to the
exterior of jerseys across the upper back above the numerals; nicknames are prohibited.

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

The NFL Rulebook only states the following: Surnames of players in letters a minimum of 2½ inches high must be affixed to the
exterior of jerseys across the upper back above the numerals; nicknames are prohibited.

That may be true now, but it used to mandate that if two players shared a surname, they had to have their first initial added. If two players had the same first initial, they had to have their first two initials. If they shared the first two, then they had to have their full first and last name on the back, which looked completely awful.

m53301059673_1.jpg

• Like 1

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

14 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The Chargers are in their bonus uniform with different colors from the rest of their set that everyone but need seems to love.

The Chargers are currently POWDER BLUE and YELLOW. They sometimes wear white pants. THIER NAVY AND ROYAL SETS ARE ALTS THAT ARE WORN ONCE A YEAR AT MOST EACH. They were in their standard set.

I still don't like those Nemo pants (or in the case of that photo, shorts)...they're the equivalent to the triple-striped white and gray pants the Giants opted for over the simple (and superior) braisher-striped gray pants: superfluous and unnecessary.

If Cincinnati 86s those (and IMO had a better, less-obviously-chop-jobbed number font), their sets would be right up there with LAC as the absolute best in the league, bar none. 

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

20 hours ago, gothedistance said:

Against the Texans and Bills they wore white/grey. But against the Colts it was the navy pants.

So far, Seattle has worn the all white and white jersey/navy pants at Sofi Stadium. But that was with the Ram. For the Chargers I guess they will roll out the grey pants, and the white/grey has yet to make its appearance. I could see them go all white again though. Just a hunch.

Seahawks typically go with all white only once a year but last year it was twice possibly due to the extra road game on the schedule. If the Seahawks do wear all white again this year I would guess it would be against the Rams 

1 hour ago, GoHawks said:

Seahawks typically go with all white only once a year but last year it was twice possibly due to the extra road game on the schedule. If the Seahawks do wear all white again this year I would guess it would be against the Rams 

I really hope they mix up the grey game this year, definitely hope it’s not just worn in Arizona again. Also interested to see if/when they wear navy over grey this year. Maybe against the bucs in Germany if Tampa wears white, or a home game later on in the season, such as the raiders or jets game. Also hope they break out green over blue against the 49ers on TNF.

• Love 1

16 hours ago, throwmesomepics said:

I really hope they mix up the grey game this year, definitely hope it’s not just worn in Arizona again. Also interested to see if/when they wear navy over grey this year. Maybe against the bucs in Germany if Tampa wears white, or a home game later on in the season, such as the raiders or jets game. Also hope they break out green over blue against the 49ers on TNF.

I'm hopeful that navy over gray will appear again this year for home games. My only concern is that last season became a lost season for the Seahawks with the injury to Russ and their inability to win games. It's possible they just said screw it and decided to mess with their traditions since they were completely out of the playoff race for the first time in a while. I hope this isn't the case, but we'll see.

Again? Just go ahead and make it the primary at this point if you're gonna wear it for two of the first three home games. I would guess the third time will be one of these games:

Week 12 vs. Cincinnati after the playoff loss in all navy

Week 14 vs. Jacksonville

Week 16 vs. Houston

Week 10 vs. Denver would've been perfect, but that is now unlikely. Hopefully we at least get the light blue bottoms to break up all the navy in that one.

• Like 2