2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

I'm so glad I see other folks acknowledging the Lions Stafford era uniforms. They were PERFECT. 

Full striping agreement and the numbers followed the same pattern, with a very Lion-esque custom font that had way more life than the current one. 

The addition of black in 2003 wasn't bad, it just wasn't right out of the gate. It helped differentiate them from the Cowboys and also defines the edges around honolulu blue and white much better than silver. 

The logo was also massively improved. That was the best the Lions have looked since I have been alive.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • Meh 1
  • Dislike 6

46 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

I'm so glad I see other folks acknowledging the Lions Stafford era uniforms. They were PERFECT. 

Full striping agreement and the numbers followed the same pattern, with a very Lion-esque custom font that had way more life than the current one. 

The addition of black in 2003 wasn't bad, it just wasn't right out of the gate. It helped differentiate them from the Cowboys and also defines the edges around honolulu blue and white much better than silver. 

The logo was also massively improved. That was the best the Lions have looked since I have been alive.

Kinda cool that this has been getting positive reassessment. One other small note:

For the 9 years they wore those uniforms they had ZERO alternate looks. No black jersey. No blue pants. Only once (Thanksgiving 2010) did they even wear the 1930's throwbacks. For 143 games, they wore two looks.

Absolutely remarkable for the modern age. 

• Like 8

Yesterday, the New England Patriots posted on Twitter the Patriot Pat helmet with a red facemask. But then they deleted the post. I wonder if someone let the cat out of the bag too early and they were hoping to surprise the fans on Thursday night. 

spacer.png

19 minutes ago, nuordr said:

Yesterday, the New England Patriots posted on Twitter the Patriot Pat helmet with a red facemask. But then they deleted the post. I wonder if someone let the cat out of the bag too early and they were hoping to surprise the fans on Thursday night. 

That would be cool. As far as I understand, facemasks aren't really under the guidelines of the NFL's super convoluted and ad-hoc uniform policies. Like, if you switch a facemask, it doesn't count as a separate alternate? Isn't that how we got the Bills and the Jets moving to different mask colors the last several years, or did those play into color rush and i am missing something?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nuordr said:

Probably not. Though it was a nice look when they wore those in the early 90's, I don't know of any special connection of the red mask design.

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Kinda cool that this has been getting positive reassessment. One other small note:

For the 9 years they wore those uniforms they had ZERO alternate looks. No black jersey. No blue pants. Only once (Thanksgiving 2010) did they even wear the 1930's throwbacks. For 143 games, they wore two looks.

Absolutely remarkable for the modern age. 

They did have the black color rush uniforms, but they never made a debut on the field. Wonder how differently the uniforms would be taken if they did see the field. 

jOfO5Rh.pngaYLRFMy.png1FNdgQe.png

6 minutes ago, NOLAPelicans23 said:

They did have the black color rush uniforms, but they never made a debut on the field. Wonder how differently the uniforms would be taken if they did see the field. 

Huh. I never knew these existed. It's a nice nod to the 2000s' black jersey, but both of these infringe upon Carolina's established brand territory. They didn't need to exist.

NEWS_160919923_AR_0_QJJRFNIGRJVH.jpg55654414.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Probably not. Though it was a nice look when they wore those in the early 90's, I don't know of any special connection of the red mask design.

There isn't a connection, but it's probably worth noting that 1) the team already has red facemasks and 2) they had a surprise debut earlier this season. It would not shock me to see this happen.

6 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Titans have overcome their fear of wearing this combo on a natural grass surface. Hate that they gotta tease us with just two weeks of baby blue pants two seasons in a row.

If they insist on going white-on-white, this is the best one could hope for. 

3 hours ago, gothedistance said:

This was the game when they met in 2006.

Tennessee Titans v Philadelphia Eagles

Ah, those original Tennessee uniforms. I may or may not have just let out a little whimper inside...

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

The black really did a LOT to separate and clarify the colors.  And they added black at a minimal level...primarily as an outline.  At a time of black-for-black's-sake changes, it was done very conservatively.   I always felt they looked classy.

• Like 2