2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

58 minutes ago, Pigskin12 said:

At least we can confirm that the green pants still exist I guess?

And there's your Twitterverse public opinion poll evidence right there--the twitterfolk prefer the black.

Much to all our chagrins, apparently... 

• Meh 1
  • Facepalm 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

7 minutes ago, tBBP said:

And there's your Twitterverse public opinion poll evidence right there--the twitterfolk prefer the black.

How many of the voters choosing the black pants are robots, and how many are humans who are going along with what they are being told? No way is the white/black combo esteemed more than the white/green.

• LOL 1

3 minutes ago, gothedistance said:

How many of the voters choosing the black pants are robots, and how many are humans who are going along with what they are being told? No way is the white/black combo esteemed more than the white/green.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if more casual fans chose the black over the green.

I think it'd do all of us Creamerites some good to remember that we still are a very niche community of aesthetic scrutinizers up in here (and, to whatever degree you wanna buy this next part "purists" when it comes to sports design). There's far more of "them" than there are "us", and the numbers prove it. 

All of which is a long-form way of saying more of the everyday fans "out there" probably do prefer the black, because it's "slick" and it's "cool" and it's "tough"...and not care one ioda about the fact that green is/should be the Jets' core primary color. 

• Like 14

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Only 3 maybe 4 more chances for us to wear green. Home vs DET, at Miami, possibly at BUF "standing buffalo throwbacks", or praying to god we make it the playoffs. If not I doubt we ever seen the current greens again because I believe the 90's or 80's kelly throwbacks are coming next year. Will either be those the whites or the blacks at home before the expected change to a fauxback of the 80's or 60's set in 2024.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

I think you meant to say, "It's 100% coincidence and their uniform has zero impact on whether or not they win a game".

I meant coincidence as in I’m surprised they have only won two games while wearing white since 2021, which has now been nine games. I didn’t say one was good luck and one was bad luck. More like what are the odds that two of their three wins this year came in bone when it has been worn three fewer times than white.

Like many other singular colored teams, the Jets couldn't resist adding a second color (black being the case) to their uniform palette. It's very similar to what singular colored college teams have done. Teams like Memphis would only have blue and white in their color scheme, but feel the need to saturate it with black, grey, or (God forbid) chrome. It gives them more uniform options.

21 minutes ago, Dynasty said:

Like many other singular colored teams, the Jets couldn't resist adding a second color (black being the case) to their uniform palette. It's very similar to what singular colored college teams have done. Teams like Memphis would only have blue and white in their color scheme, but feel the need to saturate it with black, grey, or (God forbid) chrome. It gives them more uniform options.

Memphis (State) had silver helmets for a long time (a couple decades). They went to blue shells and black facemasks in the 90s after the silver helmets. 

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 hours ago, MrAstrodome said:

Well...

That..

64tcGXw.jpg

makes...

NS7OP4B.jpg

...three.

2clMnyP.jpg

And yet none of those teams have gained any ground in the hearts of New York fans.

The real NY teams know who they are (and they all wear blue).

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1

17 hours ago, Dynasty said:

. Teams like Memphis would only have blue and white in their color scheme, but feel the need to saturate it with black, grey, or (God forbid) chrome. It gives them more uniform options.

Um, blue and gray are Memphis' actual colors.

• Like 5

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Seahawks going with all white this week which seems to be the go to road uniform combo against the Rams. Rams are in blue/bone which has become their go to home uniform against the Seahawks as they have worn that every year since the rebrand

• Like 5

10 hours ago, slats7 said:

So this will be the cowboys 4th different helmet design this year. I really wish the nfl when they came out with the 2 helmet rule they would have limited it to designs, otherwise teams will just switch up decals and face masks every week potentially

• Like 5
  • WOAH 1

4 minutes ago, dont care said:

So this will be the cowboys 4th different helmet design this year. I really wish the nfl when they came out with the 2 helmet rule they would have limited it to designs, otherwise teams will just switch up decals and face masks every week potentially

So the addition of alternative helmets just added to the watering down of NFL brands and the continuation of the circus of never ending combinations. 

Huh.  I wonder if anyone predicted that?

• Like 13

1 hour ago, dont care said:

The Cowboys wore the red/white/blue stripes in 2021 against the Broncos. 

• Like 4

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, dont care said:

It’s just a stripe.

• Like 5