2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

37 minutes ago, shstpt1 said:

I'm glad they are using a white facemask instead of a grey. At least it is in a team color.

Great to see the white facemask comeback...but having the stripes start above the bumper is bush league. 

• Like 6

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Man, that just screams Cleveland. That looks perfect. 

It's also funny to me how it seems that facemasks do not count as part of the actual uniform and can be changed at will, unless this technically counts as an alternate? 

Honestly, I don't even know anymore. The NFL uniform rules are such a cobbled mess of reactionary mandates and the bizarre "color rush" designations that I couldn't even try to explain the rules to you, and I feel like after so many years on these boards I would have it figured out. 

• Like 3

I'm not totally against teams at least starting to wear white socks instead of wearing the same color of the pant -- like Jacksonville did last week -- which creates the god awful leggings appearance.

Tennessee can try whatever combos they want, but until they tweak the jersey by removing the dumb armpit blocks they'll always have the worst uniforms in the league. We've seen other teams make minor tweaks to jerseys before and them not count as a redesign -- Tennessee could do that. The issue is for some reason it doesn't seem like there's loud enough hate for the jerseys from the general public compared to what people like us think.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, VDizzle12 said:

Ohh this is a nice surprise...

Interestingly, the Browns never wore white facemasks with solid striping on the brown jersey. By the time the Browns shifted to white facemasks in the 70's, they had long ago added spacers to the sleeve and sock stripes.

fee0f89e-1a1b-47b4-a079-85c823e2217a-USA

When the solid, unspaced, 60's style stripes came back in 2006, they were accompanied with the grey (then brown) facemask.

a916a94f5bd630cca58ac18c76d09ec9.jpg
xpi2cgkbdytstgung6rq.jpg

So this weekend's game will be a first in Browns history.

• Like 5

I actually don't like the Browns' white facemasks. I prefer brown, although what I really want them to do is to go back to the old colors they had before the awful 2015 rebrand. The old orange was a much nicer shade, as was the old brown.

• Like 2

the user formerly known as cdclt