2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

23 hours ago, maz said:

What they are rumored to be bringing back for this weekend that I am passionate about them making permanent again - gold endzones. I get why the field at Acrisure is painfully boring due to sharing with Pitt, but Pitt does wear the same shade of gold now...

I don't get why they don't just paint PITTSBURGH in both end zones until Pitt's season ends.  Having that in just one end and the slash marks in the other looks indecisive to me, like Notre Dame's groundskeepers snuck in and messed with one of the endzones for laughs...and Pittsburgh's crew looking, then shrugging, grunting "meh, good enough."

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

21 hours ago, Indigo said:

HZuKjZa.jpegtndESh0.jpeg

This color scheme is just bush league. They just don't go together whatsoever. They got it right with the first Titans set that was ONLY navy, columbia and white, and zero red accessories used. Such a fresh look, yet as soon as red creeps into the fold it takes on a revolting XFL-like edge. Red is only an accent for the logo as a nod to the original identity and state flag, and it hardly even belongs in that overdesigned mess of an emblem. At least its currently confined to the swooshes on the actual regulated uniform, but then they get all squirrely with their red accessories. Overhead shots of their red-laden stadium filled with shirts of various shades of blue are especially nauseating. Is it a team color or not?? It damn well shouldn't be as long as they no longer call themselves the O-words. And I haven't even begun on the 50 shades of grey they've injected into the mix. 32/32 identity.

Also, sidebar for a light Jax-jacking: If the Jags wind up winning their division, we will finally see what the Jags consider to be their "true" home look. Their identity as it is suffers immensely from not having a single touchstone uniform, if it isn't just their white over black look they're so incessant about. I'm almost more anxious for that than to see them actually perform in the postseason.

On 12/21/2022 at 5:24 PM, tBBP said:

Well I guess after four years into these cosplay costumes, they may as well have redefined [whatever] their identity [is supposed to be]--but not in a good way, fa' sho. I can piecemeal everything that's wrong with their current look, but I've already done that once. The above photo does, however, illustrate the most glaring issue (and its one that's been around ever since the Adelphia Coliseum days): take a look at the wordmark painted on the field behind those guys. If one didn't know any better, one would think the light blue--which up until four years ago was their primary color--would be for some type of special promotion. See all the red accents? That's also about the amount of color distribution you'd have seen at Adelphia-turned-LP Field--there wasn't a trace of light blue anywhere on or in they stadium apart from the team store. I was just in there a few weeks ago and sure enough, they've removed just about all of it from inside there, too...it's mostly white and navy now. I'm not surprised; right before I moved from down there they started adding more and more navy and red signage all around the grounds and even changed the team name wordmark above the door to the pro shop from light blue to red. That's when I knew something [more) was up.

Isn't the story that Bud Adams' daughter isn't a fan of the columbia blue? That's why they went back to navy primaries towards the end of the original set and the light blue in the current unis is an afterthought? I mean the pit stains seemed like they were added at the last minute just get some more of it in there.

• Like 1