2022 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LVII

canzman

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

IMO - and I remember it live - this was awful.  Way too bottom heavy, though the white socks helped.

For better or for worse, the "Colts look" is white pants and white pants only.  While I do think that gray could work (just not the way they did it when they tried in the '80s) it's still just change for change's sake.  Sorry, but the Colts are blue over white and white over white.

I may not agree but I think the Colts definitely did in 1995. I had remembered Indy wearing them the whole season but my memory was shoddy. According to the GUD, the Colts wore them for the first three weeks of the 1995 season (including one white-at-home game) and then promptly abandoned them, ne'er to be seen again. This was also the first year of the Colts three year experiment with black cleats.

One thing that did last after being introduced in 1995 was the blue facemask. I had thought the blue masks debuted earlier but nope. They came right along with the blue britches.

I don't know if I'd want them to roll with the blue facemask now but I'd definitely go with blue over white or black. I liked the grey facemask when it came back but mind you, facemask architecture has changed dramatically since 2003.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shstpt1 said:

my main problem with this look is that the stripes on the pants are Navy/Silver/Navy, while the helmet is Navy/White/Navy. Also, Navy socks would look better with it. 

Did not notice that part...yeah, I can see how that creates a bit of a mismatch.

13 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

It does need navy socks. And this coming Thursday Night against the Tennessee Titans.

🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

Couldn't Dallas have done this against a team with a different colorway??

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I know this is an old gripe, but the "TBD" pants on the matchup displays really ruins it. It just takes up a bunch of space on the page and it's not nearly as exciting anymore. 

But for the pants that ARE shown...my god, the Cowboys...if they're truly gonna wear those pants with a silver stripe down the middle. That's the kind of thing that just drives me up a wall. You go with this Navy/White scheme and then completely ruin it with the inconsistent pants. 

• Like 13
  • Yawn 2

30 minutes ago, HopewellJones said:

I know this is an old gripe, but the "TBD" pants on the matchup displays really ruins it. It just takes up a bunch of space on the page and it's not nearly as exciting anymore. 

Maybe for next season the template can be smaller? It's a lot of scrolling for a lot of TBD.

• Like 9

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Maybe for next season the template can be smaller? It's a lot of scrolling for a lot of TBD.

It's a lot of scrolling for TBD that most of us never go back to when the matchups are actually confirmed. I appreciate his work, but if I want to see all of the week's uniform matchups, I'll just go to Gridiron Uniforms where I can see all of them at once

• Like 11
  • Yawn 1

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

The Jaguars and Buccaneers play each other next year. All of the games in Tampa have been the Bucs in white jerseys and the Jags in their dark jersey. Jacksonville winning the AFC South might help  get that game to be put on primetime. They also would draw the 49ers, as the NFC West  and AFC South have each other for the same place finisher  in 2023 for the 17th cross conference game. I liked the 49ers white/gold vs Jaguars teal/white in 2021, and would like to see it again, provided that game is beyond September.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Maybe a side-by-side for each matchup rather than each team on its own row would provide an easier-to-consume visual of the matchup as well as reduce the scrolling by half.

• Like 8
  • Applause 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

13 hours ago, Pigskin12 said:

Titans going for three straight home losses in this trash combo that no one on Earth isn’t sick of by now.

I think I like this combo the best, idk the navy helmet ruined their combos. There’s not many good ones anymore.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HopewellJones said:

Better be careful. Mods have made it clear that we're not allowed to complain and @canzman has made it clear that he does this for himself and doesn't care about our "self-serving, entitled, millennial mentality."

• Like 11
  • Yawn 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Pigskin12 said:

Looks like teal pants with black socks. Finally wearing this look against Houston. Great contrast.

Woof, how long has it been since we had a decent, colorful, contrasting matchup between these two, with the Texans already confirmed navy/white? And WTB for the first time in two years! I'm praying on my hands and knees that they're not planning on busting out the color rush a second time for the finale next week, and they finish the season strong by going teal over white against the Titans for the first time with this set. Then, (hopefully) finally, a home playoff game in this set.

*12 combos over 16 games, which matches last years total over 17 games

• Like 6

On 12/27/2022 at 3:59 PM, Pigskin12 said:

Titans going for three straight home losses in this trash combo that no one on Earth isn’t sick of by now.

If the Titans are planning on keeping this set, I’d be fine if their home was N/CB/N. At least get some color blocking

• Like 2