2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

23 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

Too Early To Tell-

Is Brock Purdy the most relevant Mr. Irrelevant?

Ryan Succop was Mr. Irrelevant in the 2009 Draft and is still playing. Also won a Super Bowl with the Bucs against the team that drafted him so I’m going to say not yet. If Purdy wins the starting job? Yeah, I think he should definitely be considered. 

2 hours ago, Red Comet said:

It’s obvious what the solution is if you’re upset about officiating: Get all your buddies up to New York, storm NFL HQ, throw feces on the wall, put your feet up on Goodell’s desk and walk out with his lectern. 

I'm looking for my fur hat and viking horns as we speak.

• LOL 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

And when a team invests as heavily in their DL as the eagles do, they’re going to hit the QB and get sacks, and while nobody wants to see anyone get injured (yeah… I know), that’s something that happens when one team’s DL leads the league in sacks and QB hits. 

I don’t think it’s as much of “well the qb got hurt so we were screwed” as it is “the 49ers OL couldn’t stop the Eagles DL” - and line play on both sides decided the game, and the eagles easily won both sides of it (just look at how many times Bosa was pancaked 1v1 by both the LT and RT). 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Didn’t the AAF always have a guy in-stadium with a monitor and Xbox controller reviewing calls on the field?

Seems like all these startup leagues put way more thought into the on-field product than the big league.

and with one of them, couldn’t you actually listen in on the review discussions? I didn’t watch it myself, but that sounds like a good way to add some transparency to the process 

4 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Seems like all these startup leagues put way more thought into the on-field product than the big league.

When you’re the unchallenged king for 40-50 years, you tend not to innovate. The harsh reality is that the NFL won’t change unless it senses that there is an existential reason to. 

7 hours ago, BBTV said:

And when a team invests as heavily in their DL as the eagles do, they’re going to hit the QB and get sacks, and while nobody wants to see anyone get injured (yeah… I know), that’s something that happens when one team’s DL leads the league in sacks and QB hits. 

I don’t think it’s as much of “well the qb got hurt so we were screwed” as it is “the 49ers OL couldn’t stop the Eagles DL” - and line play on both sides decided the game, and the eagles easily won both sides of it (just look at how many times Bosa was pancaked 1v1 by both the LT and RT). 

I said it earlier but that Eagles defense is no joke. 70 sacks during the regular season (15 more than the next team, who happen to be the Chiefs). 4 players on defense with 10 or more sacks. 

3 hours ago, BBTV said:

and with one of them, couldn’t you actually listen in on the review discussions? I didn’t watch it myself, but that sounds like a good way to add some transparency to the process 

That was indeed the Alliance. And you're right; it did add a lot of transparency for those of us watching on TV.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Yeah I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about that Eagles defense. 

That's why I don't the Super Bowl isd going to be that close. With Mahomes still hurt, he won't be able to do his usual BS. 

If the Bengals were able to get pressure like they did in the 2nd half, Mahomes will be in for a tough night. 

As for the 49ers, they did do a good job stopping the Eagles, most of the damage came from those penalties which led to Eagles scoring. So they really beat themselves. 

On 1/31/2023 at 2:36 PM, DoctorWhom said:

Yeah I'm surprised that more people aren't talking about that Eagles defense. 

That's why I don't the Super Bowl isd going to be that close. With Mahomes still hurt, he won't be able to do his usual BS. 

If the Bengals were able to get pressure like they did in the 2nd half, Mahomes will be in for a tough night. 

That Eagles defense excels against bad and average offenses (or offenses with bad/average QB's). However, they've struggled mightily against explosive offenses with capable quarterbacks at the helm, to the affect that they're one of the worst defenses in the league in those games. They've only played 4 good offenses with top 10-15 QB's this season and they gave up 35, 21, 33 and 40 points against those teams. Only one of those was a loss which just shows how good their offense has been but to think they're going to shut down Mahomes and the #1 offense in the league when they've shown they cannot stop good offenses with good quarterbacks isn't accurate. 

Eagles have been historically lucky with the season schedule and who they got to face in the playoffs; that's not to take away from how good they've been because they still have an excellent team that was capable of taking advantage of their easy schedule and now they only have to beat one great team to win the title (which they're fully capable of).

I expect this game to be relatively high scoring, possibly with both teams scoring 30+. It should be a good game. 

• Like 4

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

That Eagles defense excels against bad and average offenses (or offenses with bad/average QB's). However, they've struggled mightily against explosive offenses with capable quarterbacks at the helm, to the affect that they're one of the worst defenses in the league in those games. They've only played 4 good offenses with top 10-15 QB's this season and they gave up 35, 21, 33 and 40 points against those teams. Only one of those was a loss which just shows how good their offense has been but to think they're going to shut down Mahomes and the #1 offense in the league when they've shown they cannot stop good offenses with good quarterbacks isn't accurate. 

Eagles have been historically lucky with the season schedule and who they got to face in the playoffs; that's not to take away from how good they've been because they still have an excellent team that was capable of taking advantage of their easy schedule and now they only have to beat one great team to win the title (which they're fully capable of).

I expect this game to be relatively high scoring, possibly with both teams scoring 30+. It should be a good game. 

you’re going to need facts to back up nearly everything you said here. 

For one, regarding their schedule, the eagles are tied for most wins  against winning teams in a season in nfl history. They didn’t play the 70s Steelers every week, but the notion that their schedule was “easy” is kinda silly. They got the AFC south, but so did the rest of the NFC East. 

Also I’m not sure which of their defensive rankings support the notion that they “struggled mightily” against anyone, with the only exception being the second Dallas game which was a first time DB who will never see the field again. 

Statistically and rankings wise, their defense is among the best ever (again, just based on metrics - I personally wouldn’t consider them among the best ever, but it’s hard to argue with 70 sacks from your front 4 without even blitzing.)

• Like 3

I think we spent all year waiting for the Bills and Chiefs to dominate and for the Eagles to crash back to earth. The Bills were doing okay until they lost their best defensive player and watched another die on the field, the Chiefs backdoored into the 1 seed, and the Eagles definitely didn't crash back to earth but instead stomped everyone's face in.

If past is prologue, I think the Eagles have another surprise Super Bowl win, but this time we look back at them as being a historically dominant club no one was ready for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, Rockstar Matt said:

Eagles haven’t faced an offense with the potency of the Chiefs this year either.

And as to who the teams that they beat with a winning record?

@Detroit 

vs Minnesota 

vs Jacksonville

vs Dallas

vs Pittsburgh

@Giants

vs Giants

vs Giants (Divisional Round)

vs 49ers (NFC Championship)

Not exactly murderer’s row and the only winning teams they beat away from Philly are the Lions and Giants. The only teams that come close to the Chiefs offense are Dallas and the 49ers and we know about how Dallas does in big games plus the 49ers were down to some 4th string journeyman. This will undoubtedly be the biggest test of the year for the Chiefs offense but also the Eagles defense.

• Like 1

Chiefs also have one of the worst secondaries in the NFL. More than likely they may be relying on a load of rookies to cover guys like AJ Brown & Dallas Goedert .  

You can make the excuse about them playing a 4th string backup, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they dropped 31 points on the League's #1 defense.  

I just don't see how KC can keep up when the Eagles are better in pretty much every category. Maybe they keep it close at first, but I fully expect the Eagles to pull away at some point in the game. 

22 minutes ago, DoctorWhom said:

You can make the excuse about them playing a 4th string backup, but that has nothing to do with the fact that they dropped 31 points on the League's #1 defense.  

31 points is pretty impressive, I’ll give you that. The Eagles really are the best the NFC has and they may well be the best team in the NFL. 

The Chiefs secondary is a weakness but that’s due to inexperience more than a lack of talent. Give it a few years and it’ll be a strength. The Eagles receivers will definitely feast, though, I will not deny that. The Chiefs have also had issues containing mobile QBs in the past and I also expect Hurts to have a huge day on the the ground and in the air. Eagles win? He’s the MVP, no doubt about it.

But here’s what I heard about the Eagles defense as amazing as it is: Their linebacking corps is a soft spot. And Travis Kelce is not only Mahomes’s most reliable target, he also excels in the medium range passing game around where linebackers tend to cover. I expect Kelce to have the game of his career. The Chiefs offense is also very focused on getting yards after the catch over yards down the field. So, you’ll see a lot of screens in order to try to neutralize the Eagles pass rush. The Chiefs are going to keep it close and I believe that they will win, but it is going to be a hell of a fight to do so.

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1