2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

Eagles linebackers are average at best. Philosophically, they don’t believe in investing in the position. Their defense is based on giving teams whatever they want between the 20s - and that generally means tight ends - then pressing more if they get closer to red zone. 

I don’t totally get it, but I’m not a defensive coordinator. As a casual fan, the eagles defense looks weak, yet every other play they’re sacking the QB or getting a pick, and finishing #1 or 2 in every meaningful category. 

So yeah - Travis Kelce is absolutely going to have a big game - and likely find the end zone at least once. But the game will hinge on how long the KC line can hold off Hassan Reddick, Brandon Graham, and the rest of the old guys on the Eagles front line. If they can block them then they probably win, because mahomes can beat every other player on the field. If they can’t block them,

then Mahomes could end up like Purdy. 

it’s really a good overall matchup - one of the best we’ve seen in quite a while. Could easily go either way. Should be a fun game. 

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

On 1/31/2023 at 4:27 PM, EskimoAldus said:

I said it earlier but that Eagles defense is no joke. 70 sacks during the regular season (15 more than the next team, who happen to be the Chiefs). 4 players on defense with 10 or more sacks. 

Only the 3rd team in NFL history with 70 sacks (1984 Bears, 1989 Vikings)

• Like 1

It's time to abort the "Pro Bowl" and everything about it. It was a done product around the time they moved it out of Hawaii and shifted the game to weekend before the Super Bowl, But three days of flag football, dodgeball and dude perfect stunts is a JOKE and almost an insult to the league.

It would've been wise for the XFL or USFL started up today. A lot of people would've flipped over to watch.

• Like 3

6uXNWAo.png

49 minutes ago, Germanshepherd said:

There’s a good idea somewhere in here, but this ain’t it. Flag football is really boring. 

Just study the past skills showdowns and the 2007 version and build off that.  Just put this pathetic exercise out of its misery.

Edited for accuracy.

• Like 3

BB52Big.jpg

5 minutes ago, Sec19Row53 said:

Does it make money for the NFL?

That's why it continues. Don't watch it if you don't like it. I don't. They don't care 🙂

All due respect, but there's more to this than the "it makes money/:censored: it, don't watch it" argument. Which do you think is better for the NFL product overall, Myles Garrett playing in the "Pro Bowl Games" and getting hurt or Myles Garrett playing 17 actual NFL games and selling #95 jerseys for the Browns next season? Sure, the "Pro Bowl Games" puts an extra few bucks in the NFL bank account, but are a few quick bucks worth the potential of losing much more money in the long term? Great players are risking injury for a carnival sideshow. This pointless nonsense is going to end up costing someone their career...again. (See Edwards, Robert) The Pro Bowl needs to end whether we watch it or not.

• Like 5

BB52Big.jpg

1 hour ago, infrared41 said:

All due respect, but there's more to this than the "it makes money/:censored: it, don't watch it" argument. Which do you think is better for the NFL product overall, Myles Garrett playing in the "Pro Bowl Games" and getting hurt or Myles Garrett playing 17 actual NFL games and selling #95 jerseys for the Browns next season? Sure, the "Pro Bowl Games" puts an extra few bucks in the NFL bank account, but are a few quick bucks worth the potential of losing much more money in the long term? Great players are risking injury for a carnival sideshow. This pointless nonsense is going to end up costing someone their career...again. (See Edwards, Robert) The Pro Bowl needs to end whether we watch it or not.

No problem with that take, but the post to which I reacted was 'bah it's boring', not 'it's an issue of safety'. As to the players taking that risk, they're free to beg out due to injury, aren't they? They must be making some money from it as well.

As far as it being a traveshamockery - it's not like they let a player from the NFC snap the ball to the AFC quarterback or anything heinous like that 😉

It's where I sit.

On 1/31/2023 at 11:18 AM, DCarp1231 said:

Seems like all these startup leagues put way more thought into the on-field product than the big league.

On 1/31/2023 at 4:02 PM, Red Comet said:

When you’re the unchallenged king for 40-50 years, you tend not to innovate. The harsh reality is that the NFL won’t change unless it senses that there is an existential reason to. 

I don't think that's being entirely fair. The NFL tinkers with rules and procedures every single year and introduces new technology over time. It's the least hidebound league of any of them.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

4 hours ago, Sec19Row53 said:

As to the players taking that risk, they're free to beg out due to injury, aren't they?

🎯

This is the only pro league ASG where the top-tier players opt out. When was the last time Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers showed up for a Pro Bowl? If the players don't care, why should the fans? And now that it's not even a game, even more of a reason to just pull the plug on the entire thing. Or at the very least bail on the name "Pro Bowl" and call it what it really is.

6uXNWAo.png

The Pro Bowl has been dead since they took it out of Hawaii. 

That itself was at least an enticing reward for players. 

Doubt they bring it back there again though. IDK if Hawaii even has a suitable stadium anymore. 

Last I heard Aloha stadium had been condemned 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

Doubt they bring it back there again though. IDK if Hawaii even has a suitable stadium anymore. 

Last I heard Aloha stadium had been condemned 

They're working to build a replacement from what I understand, could open in 2027.  UH is playing on campus in a 17k seat stadium until things iron themselves out.