2022 NFL regular season through Super Bowl LVII

1 hour ago, Discrim said:

GG Commies...you know what this year's Pack is looking like?  A frickin house of cards, looking good early, but one mistake and the whole thing tumbles down.

That's pretty much exactly what  Robert Saleh said last week after they beat the packers. 

They are a soft ass team.

Their biggest strength is running the ball, yet they refuse to do that. IDK if it's LaFleur or if it's Rodgers being his arrogant self, believing he needs to play hero ball to have any chance of winning. Maybe both are to blame. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Meanwhile, the Hawks are about to take over first in the NFC West. Incredible.

The Seahawks actually have as good a shot as any team at winning the division. Not only that, but it's looking like they may have at least  top 10 pick thanks to Russ's "cooking" in Denver. 

2 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

That's pretty much exactly what  Robert Saleh said last week after they beat the packers. 

They are a soft ass team.

Their biggest strength is running the ball, yet they refuse to do that. IDK if it's LaFleur or if it's Rodgers being his arrogant self, believing he needs to play hero ball to have any chance of winning. Maybe both are to blame. 

They are...both of them.

The drama with Rodgers is known and has been known; if we're annoyed by it, one can only imagine how the guys in that locker room must feel about it/him.

But let's talk about LaFleur for a sec...here's where I remind that LaFleur even got that job off the strength of the offensive man-monster that is Derrick Henry...for exactly ONE season...with Marcus Mariota as his QB. (Sidebar, but how in the world have the Snatit gotten two OCs promoted to HC?? Oh yeah--Henry. Well it's safe to say Tood Downing will not be the third--then again if Arthur Smith can get the call, then...anyway) All of this is to say that even though LaFleur may have a good record as HC, remember that two of the teams in his division have been about as guaranteed gimme-wins as one could ask for. But now I think dude's being exposed a good bit. 

I guess what I'm saying in so many words is that at present I'm not convinced LaFleur is a particularly good HC... 🤷🏿‍♂️

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

10 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

The more I hear about how crappy and egotistical of a person Russell Wilson really is and how horrible he’s been playing this season, maybe there’s a reason why he’s never received any MVP votes

Keep in mind that you only get to vote for one person for the MVP. It isn't a case of voting for your top 3 or 10 like baseball MVP and/or Cy Young. It really isn't surprising (and has nothing to do with being a nozzle).

It's where I sit.

Just now, tBBP said:

I guess what I'm saying in so many words is that at present I'm not convinced LaFleur is a particularly good HC... 🤷🏿‍♂️

I always had my doubts about him too. Especially with a team like the Packers, It can be hard to tell how much of the success is due to coaching, or Rodgers carrying his ass. I mean, the dude won a Super Bowl with Mike McCarthy as a wildcard team. He can make any coach look good. 

If MVP was a personality contest, there's no way in hell Aaron Rodgers would've won or Brett Favre wind up winning three straight. 

Russell Wilson was great, but he was playing in an era with great players. Sometimes you just have the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. 

Edited by Red Comet
  • Like 1

Apparently Mike McDaniel done decided to sit in on a few Clock (Mis)Management courses...

...Wonder if in all their adulation of McDaniel being a "unique personality" they bring up the last drive of this half. Sure they got a FG out of it, but geez, my guy...that there was not it.

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the 1972 team, Tua coming back from his concussion, and getting the Dolphins' first Sunday Night Football win ever... against the Steelers of all teams.

For this Dolphins fan, it was one of the best nights I've ever had in my fandom. 😂

• Like 3
  • WOAH 1

3 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Meanwhile, the Hawks are about to take over first in the NFC West. Incredible.

Rich Eisen will probably say on his show tomorrow: "Seattle is doing well because of Pete Carroll, which I have said all along."  In the preseason, Eisen said that Carroll is the reason Seattle won't be the worst team in the NFL, despite pushback from his crew.  

1 hour ago, tBBP said:

Apparently Mike McDaniel done decided to sit in on a few Clock (Mis)Management courses...

...Wonder if in all their adulation of McDaniel being a "unique personality" they bring up the last drive of this half. Sure they got a FG out of it, but geez, my guy...that there was not it.

And because the Dolphins won, JaguarGator9 will not do a "Dumb Decisions" video on Mike McDaniel.  

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

McDaniel wasn't at his best tonight. Not going for the field goal would have been the defining moment had they not won (I thought the decision itself was fine, but using a small guy like Edmonds up the middle was dumb). Tua also made some risky plays that would've been disastrous, with the head-lowering dive against the defender for the first down (which he didn't even get) and that fact that he could've had four interceptions if it weren't for the Steelers' defenders dropping them.

Neither team scored in the second half, with both defenses looking great. I'm proud of our secondary, given that several starters were out. I'm especially proud of Noah Igbinoghene because for most of the game, he was getting outplayed, but that final interception was a big statement.

9 hours ago, DoctorWhom said:

I know he's a rookie, so it's not fair to be too hard on him, but man, did Pickett throw that game away. 

Steelers were driving, but he got greedy and threw an INT instead of just going out of bounds for the 1st down. 

The only INT that was purely Pickett's fault was the 2nd one, the first was all on the Claypool who tripped or was tripped, on the last one Johnson just stopped playing, he should have been at the pylon or cut to the middle of the field. Both Pickett and Trubisky have been hampered by the Steelers WR's and TE's dropping passes, running the wrong route and so on.

McDaniel isn't a good coach, I'm baffled by everyone acting like he's something special.

• Like 1

I kept seeing articles over the weekend titled “If Heinicke beats Rodgers and Green Bay, Ron Rivera won his job back” and “Washington can’t afford to pay two coaching staffs”

I genuinely have no idea what this team is doing. I don’t think anyone does.

Disgusting owner

Deteriorating stadium

Bouncing checks

A head coach likely past his prime

The only thing this team has is an (let’s be honest) average QB who the entire team and fan base love in Taylor Heinicke. He’s exciting to watch and at this point is very likely much better than Wentz. Unless Heinicke falters in these next 5-6 weeks, it’s his team to lose.

Lets not forget DE Montez Sweat running after Wentz in preseason practice and yelling at him to throw the ball away.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

I kept seeing articles over the weekend titled “If Heinicke beats Rodgers and Green Bay, Ron Rivera won his job back” and “Washington can’t afford to pay two coaching staffs”

I genuinely have no idea what this team is doing. I don’t think anyone does.

Disgusting owner

Deteriorating stadium

Bouncing checks

A head coach likely past his prime

The only thing this team has is an (let’s be honest) average QB who the entire team and fan base love in Taylor Heinicke. He’s exciting to watch and at this point is very likely much better than Wentz. Unless Heinicke falters in these next 5-6 weeks, it’s his team to lose.

Lets not forget DE Montez Sweat running after Wentz in preseason practice and yelling at him to throw the ball away.

Is Ron Rivera really on the hot seat?  I don't pay attention to the 32s much (other than to LOL at Wentz' failures) but I thought he was still a well-respected solid HC.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."