MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

As I remember it, the Rays had that fauxback hat (navy with gradient sting ray logo) first, and then they brought back the whole jersey a couple seasons later to match that hat’s era-mashup style, maybe?

• Like 1

Braves creative team discusses the making of the City Connect uniform and the thought process behind them. Clearly an effort by the team to have their standard uniform and retain the classic 1970s throwback vibe that they like to wear.

Couple things of note: he mentions this was a three year process. He also makes a comment suggesting these could be like the NBA City jerseys that rotate every few years and they could get to work on the next edition soon.

Making their debut tonight.

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 10:36 PM, aawagner011 said:

MLB the Show has the Braves City Connects in the game starting this Friday.

This is our first look at the batting helmet. It shows a blue bill, just like the cap. That isn’t unusual, but it does deviate from the Braves throwbacks which always had blue bills on the caps but white bills on the helmets. You can see how they were inspired by the bell shaped white panel from the helmet. I’d have preferred a standard white panel cap but it isn’t a deal breaker.

spacer.png

spacer.png

There’s a mistake in the video as it shows the cap (as well as the helmet) with “the A.” It looks like that has been fixed based on this photo. The game doesn’t seem to use the bell shaped white panel, though. These little differences make me wonder if the cap originally was intended to use “the A” logo and was changed.

spacer.png

We will get our first on field look at them this Saturday, so long as the weather cooperates. Rain is in the forecast.

The blue bill on the City Connect batting helmet turned out to be untrue. The on field batting helmet has a white bill, just like the throwbacks. I wouldn’t be surprised if they just repurposed their throwback helmets and put new decals on them.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Digby said:

As I remember it, the Rays had that fauxback hat (navy with gradient sting ray logo) first, and then they brought back the whole jersey a couple seasons later to match that hat’s era-mashup style, maybe?

they where brought back for the 20 years of Tampa Bay Rays in the navy color

23 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Braves creative team discusses the making of the City Connect uniform and the thought process behind them. Clearly an effort by the team to have their standard uniform and retain the classic 1970s throwback vibe that they like to wear.

Couple things of note: he mentions this was a three year process. He also makes a comment suggesting these could be like the NBA City jerseys that rotate every few years and they could get to work on the next edition soon.

That isnt a city jersey, Thats a Hank Aaron jersey

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

That isnt a city jersey, Thats a Hank Aaron jersey

Sounds like you’ve been taken under Nike’s spell with the silly marketing where using weird colors and designs “for the city” is 🔥 whereas to me, this sounds like a club that knows who they are and how they want to present themselves. They found a loophole in Nike’s marketing program. I’ll take that over some of the other dumpster fires that the City Connect program has given us.

• Like 3

Two things from Twins-Astros today:

1. Those 'Twin Cities' uniforms are gorgeous
  2. The Astros paired their orange jerseys with the orange-billed cap. They haven't worn that cap much recently, so it might now be getting paired with the orange jersey instead of it's original purpose as a road cap
  • Like 6

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

4 hours ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Rockies wearing white pants with the city connect jerseys tonight.

I'm just sitting here waiting for the Brewers to start wearing powder blue pants with their City Connect jerseys. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Digby said:

No, the hybrid hat came back with the throwbacks for the 20th anniversary in 2018, and they’ve stuck around since then

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TBGKon said:

No, the hybrid hat came back with the throwbacks for the 20th anniversary in 2018, and they’ve stuck around since then

Yep, here’s the confirmation of the hat and jersey in 2018

https://www.mlb.com/cut4/tampa-bay-rays-to-bring-back-1990s-devil-rays-uniforms-for-2018-season-c26602307

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 hour ago, Andrew_Gamer_NZP said:

Rockies wearing white pants with the city connect jerseys tonight.

So instead of keeping the cool green pants, instead made new white one's for this. (Since their normal white is pinstriped)

I only like that it has a purple stripe on the pants but that's about it.

• Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, BadSeed84 said:

So instead of keeping the cool green pants, instead made new white one's for this. (Since their normal white is pinstriped)

I only like that it has a purple stripe on the pants but that's about it.

They added these pants a couple years ago to pair with the purple and black alternates at home. Pinstripe pants are now only worn with the pinstripe jersey

• Like 4

Sorry, I'm on an iPad

1 hour ago, MNtwins3 said:

Two things from Twins-Astros today:

1. Those 'Twin Cities' uniforms are gorgeous
  2. The Astros paired their orange jerseys with the orange-billed cap. They haven't worn that cap much recently, so it might now be getting paired with the orange jersey instead of it's original purpose as a road cap

I couldn't stop noticing the white piping next to the navy on the cream uniforms. What a strange, completely unnecessary choice. It became one of those things where I didn't want to notice it but the more I thought about it the more I kept noticing it.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • WOAH 2
  • Facepalm 2

9 hours ago, JohnnyCowboy5 said:

thats a youth not a mens

Next time try reading my comment. They do sell them, they are currently sold out. I posted a youth size in an attempt to be helpful to you if they restock.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

On 4/9/2023 at 1:39 AM, aawagner011 said:

Not a fan of these at all. They also just went the retro route.

But the worst thing is imo is just the overall look, look like a Pepsi merchandise T-Shirt, exactly the colors they use.... pretty funny since Coca-Cola call Atlanta their home LOL