MLB 2023 Uniform/Logo Changes

TrueYankee26

13 minutes ago, adsarebad said:

True, and Cincy and Baltimore can GFT with their BFBS CC's

Baltimore’s CC is BFBS? lol nah that’s not what BFBS means

• Like 5

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, BC985 said:

The Father’s Day caps are out. I wouldn’t be mad to see the Rays switch to this:

spacer.png

That's actually exactly the shade of blue I've been envisioning the Rays switching to in my mind's eye. Even that with the yellow would be far more distinctive than the overdone baby/navy pairing they have now.

And also: how exactly did we as a society decide on this particular shade of blue to represent Father's Day again??? 🤔

• Like 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

13 hours ago, tBBP said:

With crab meat all over it. 😁

I was admittedly a little disappointed with the crab hot dog at OPaCY, but it was opening weekend and concessions were a mess that day.

But on-topic, cartoon bird with the white panel all day. The old 50s/60s bird is a great throwback. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, monkeypower said:

I wouldn't consider this a "whimsical" logo. If anything the regular bird head is the whimsical logo, especially when you compare it to the Black Jays they switched from.

You don't find a jacked up bird whimsical? 😁

I will say the Cardinals do need to go back to the "You lookin at me?" bird

St. Louis Cardinals Logo Primary Logo (1966-1997) - A cardinal perched on a yellow bat wearing a cap over a baseball inside a red circle reading St. Louis Cardinals in white SportsLogos.Net2281.png

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, BC985 said:

The Father’s Day caps are out. I wouldn’t be mad to see the Rays switch to this:

spacer.png

I could do without the patch on the side, but these could have been a lot worse. Especially for a team like TB above where it just fits.

The Cardinals one for example would look great as a fashion cap worn with powder merch they sell. I'd argue they should wear the powder alts on father's day to go with it.

5 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Looking at the whole lineup of caps, some of these could work within the current team identities.

2023-mlb-baseball-fathers-day-caps-all-teams-sportslogosnet-new-era.jpg

- Twins could wear this with a powder blue uniform (which I assume their CC will be)

- Cardinals could wear that with their powder blue alternates

- Rays were already mentioned

- Rangers one looks better than the crappy cap they currently wear with the powder blues

- If the Jays wanted to make the secondary color of the powder alternates royal blue, this hat could work

I really like the Rockies one. I think purple and powder is an underrated color scheme.

The Marlins looks like their regular hat with a patch on the side aha.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

St. Louis Cardinals Logo Primary Logo (1966-1997) - A cardinal perched on a yellow bat wearing a cap over a baseball inside a red circle reading St. Louis Cardinals in white SportsLogos.Net2281.png

I wish this logo was still in use. Hell, this jacket too!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRqX3voej-0ypuT3JTzrt_

• Like 6
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Looking at the whole lineup of caps, some of these could work within the current team identities.

2023-mlb-baseball-fathers-day-caps-all-teams-sportslogosnet-new-era.jpg

- Twins could wear this with a powder blue uniform (which I assume their CC will be)

- Cardinals could wear that with their powder blue alternates

- Rays were already mentioned

- Rangers one looks better than the crappy cap they currently wear with the powder blues

- If the Jays wanted to make the secondary color of the powder alternates royal blue, this hat could work

Biggest surprises to me:

- The Rays hat should be their full time

- The Padres hat is amazing -- I wouldn't hate adding powder to the color scheme full time.

- Cards looks great

- Pirates really pops 

- The biggest shock of all, I LOVE how this looks for the A's

Anubis.png

11 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Yeah, I can't understand not liking the O's cartoon bird. If anything, MLB needs *more* whimsical logos like that.

It's fun to imagine the kind of logos teams like the Marlins, D-Backs and Rays would have if they came about in the '60s instead of the '90s. 

The OG Marlins had a great logo.

miami-1956-road-jersey-sleeve_grande.gif

I would love to see Tampa Bay, for their rebrand, come up with a fun Cownose Ray logo.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

8 hours ago, BadSeed84 said:

Absolutely yes!!!!

spacer.png                                                    Chicago_White_Sox.svg

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I liked that logo.

I will admit, I think the T is what I don't like more about the logo than the bird, it looks weird. And the fact that there was nothing wrong to me with the previous logo.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

On 5/25/2023 at 3:30 AM, BadSeed84 said:

I will admit, I think the T is what I don't like more about the logo than the bird, it looks weird. And the fact that there was nothing wrong to me with the previous logo.

I agree with you, I never liked the Blue Jays split lettering... and I don't like the Memphis Grizzlies split lettering either... or the Cleveland Cavaliers.

You know what? I just hate split lettering. It sucks.

bSLCtu2.png