MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

NYC and Seattle are alright. That Austin kit is way too drastic of a departure from their standard stripes. A playful reinterpretation of stripes can be fun and is welcomed, but my gosh, the designer looks like they were on acid. The super thin stripes will just read as brown on TV when seen from any further than 15 feet.

• Like 3

Is it an unpopular opinion to love that Red Bulls kit? The colors are fantastic. 

Remove the sublimation from the NYC jersey and it's incredible, based solely on its expanded use of orange. But as is, it stands as a perfect example of how patterns like this don't work on multi-paneled templates like this. The tiles on the shoulders and the upper part of the chest might be the same, but they clash because of the awkward way they connect. 

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

Better pics. The Austin and NYC shirts are replicas while the Seattle and NYRB shirts are authentics. These are currently posted on adidas.co.uk, so it may be worth keeping an eye there for future leaks.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

At least Austin’s back is green instead of black. That helps A TON

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

All three of those look like they were simply trying to do too much. Austin is definitely the biggest culprit, though.

It's disappointing that Austin doesn't have green socks, since the back of the home shirt is green and not black. The shirt pattern reminds me more of the Puma prematch shirts than Barcelona, but at least the pattern shouldn't change between each shirt like Puma's did.  I'm not sure why Seattle's dragon kit hides the dragon's head and has a black back either. They should have shrank it and made the back the same color as the front. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

41 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

Is it an unpopular opinion to love that Red Bulls kit? The colors are fantastic.

The yellow and teal look really washed out, and adidas should have chosen either the oil change pattern or the NY/Red Bulls script, not both, as they look awful together.

• Like 2

Just now, GriffinM6 said:

Columbus looks nice. I really like Seattle's, but it's a huge L that they made the back of the shirt black instead of red. 

Looks like it's going to be a similar story with SJ, what with the front of their kit having a majority blue front with a graphic pattern and the back being black.

14 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The yellow and teal look really washed out, and adidas should have chosen either the oil change pattern or the NY/Red Bulls script, not both, as they look awful together.

Agree on the color combo being nice but diminished with these washed out shades. For me the bigger issue is that it just doesn’t feel like the Red Bulls at all. Why is a team in New Jersey collaborating with a “luxury sportswear” designer from LA? Do they have any clue how to brand and market this team that’s in one of the most fertile soccer territories in the US? (I know the answer to the latter question.)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Digby said:

Revs are back to having a nice kit but this is the most overwrought reveal video I’ve ever seen.

Wow, no kidding. 

I'm all for the sentiment, but they're basically just saying "we're opposed to bad things." Not really going out on a limb there.