MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

11 hours ago, pepperbb said:

FootyHeadlines dropped the mock-up for the potential Fire kit if y'all haven't seen it. Back to good ole red kit. the only downside for me is the collar...

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2022/08/blog-post_17.html

spacer.png

The template is wrong, but I like the overall look of the shirt. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

SKC revealed theirs exclusively on the Apple TV app, so there hasn’t been too much content that I can post.

spacer.png

Media Day showed us that the full kit will be light blue.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

LAFC is official according to MLSsoccer.com, though the team have not put out any additional posts themselves. You can see the MLS Cup winners badge, too. I need to see the rest of the kit to better judge this one. My color blind eyes aren’t even sure what color that is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am really loving the diversity and colors this year. There’s a healthy balance of stripes, patterns, throwbacks, and especially the simplified crests that we have seen on LAFC and Philly.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

FC Dallas: previously unseen to this point. Clearly inspired as a callback to their Dallas Burn days. The last tweet includes a photo of the full kit.

spacer.png

A kit full of flame emoji’s as a nod to the Dallas Burn roots just feels like a terrible uninspired effort by Adidas here. 

But Portland gets those sweet plaid jerseys? Talk about hometown discount. 

Also Austin feels like a straight rip of the 21/22 Barca kit. FC Cincy’s water print also feels like a lazy attempt to honor the Ohio River. Why not use a map pattern of the river’s flow instead? 

Kits I do like: RBNY, NYCFC, Revs, Dynamo, PTFC. 

Im really intrigued by Minny’s Northern Lights theme, waiting for that to drop…

NYCdog.png

Vancouver kept the chest hoop but added red to it and also added five thin horizontal pinstripes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They’re also keeping the two-color name set printing, with navy NOB’s and red numbers. I do hope they have navy shorts in addition to the white shown in the video above.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

LAFC is official according to MLSsoccer.com, though the team have not put out any additional posts themselves. You can see the MLS Cup winners badge, too. I need to see the rest of the kit to better judge this one. My color blind eyes aren’t even sure what color that is.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

LAFC is going with a smoke pattern as a nod to The 3252

NYCdog.png

I actually like SKC’s effort there, I know it’s similar to the previous one but looking at them side by side, this is a much more attractive looking application of the hoops, to me. Last one just looked like four strips of tape applied to the front.

Vancouver’s a similar boat, some of these identities have to be changed by rule but you also don’t need to reinvent the wheel (though I hate their red numbering!).

Love FCD doing a burn tribute but feel like there had to be a more elegant way than a guacamole-colored fire emoji pattern.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

I really like that from the Fire, and it’s a rare case for me where I actually appreciate the centered crest. It’s clear they left that large blank section in the middle for a sponsor logo, but it looks really awkward now that they don’t have one (for now).

• Like 4

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I think red is actually coming back for Chicago next year and not this year. That makes sense because the kit they are releasing this year is an away shirt. But holy smokes, this year’s design is an absolute banger. This is up there as a shirt of the year nominee in my book.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit - light blue shorts. Gorgeous.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1
  • WOAH 1

Re: a new red home kit for Chicago, since it has been brought up -- this is the info I had when I wrote about the new crest for the mothership back in June 2021:

A new navy blue primary kit is currently in development and will be used for the 2022 and 2023 seasons, but the club intends to return to a red home kit in 2024.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Love FCD doing a burn tribute but feel like there had to be a more elegant way than a guacamole-colored fire emoji pattern.

There wasn't much that was elegant about the Dallas Burn brand, that was probably out of the question. Whatever they did was going to look cheesy. At least it is something new and unexpected, nobody was guessing that adidas would do a throwback to one of the original MLS brands that was created by Nike.

10 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

There wasn't much that was elegant about the Dallas Burn brand, that was probably out of the question. Whatever they did was going to look cheesy. At least it is something new and unexpected, nobody was guessing that adidas would do a throwback to one of the original MLS brands that was created by Nike.

FC Dallas jersey rankings - fan survery - 3rd Degree

FC Dallas jersey rankings - fan survery - 3rd Degree

Doing the side panels or possibly using that sleeve pattern as a hoops pattern would have been the better way to go. 

PTFC_EGBP1227 aAUS_EGBP2123

Can we also point out that if you bring in models they shouldn't look like you're holding them hostage? Are these his proof of life photos?

CIN River kit-5

• LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Probably a minority opinion, but that new Chicago Fire shirt is my favorite of any team's debuts this year. That's just a remarkably fun design.

Also, surprised to see negativity for the FC Dallas. To me, it's their first interesting design in like a decade.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

I think red is actually coming back for Chicago next year and not this year. That makes sense because the kit they are releasing this year is an away shirt. But holy smokes, this year’s design is an absolute banger. This is up there as a shirt of the year nominee in my book.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edit - light blue shorts. Gorgeous.

Instant buy for me. Easily one of my favorites this year and one of Chicago's best efforts on the jersey front.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

spacer.png

This is MLS' latest attempt at the scudetto. I believe the badge was introduced after the 2020 Final between Columbus and Seattle.  Columbus wore it on their kits in 2021, but I don't remember if NYCFC wore it in 2022.  However, the badge pictured here looks smaller than the one on Columbus' kits.