MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Looks like authentic shorts will be available for purchase this year. Right now the MLS Store has the new shorts for Philly, Cincy, Columbus, New England, Seattle, Houston (orange & black), NYCFC, Austin, NYRB, and Atlanta. Would assume all of the shorts will be available eventually.

https://www.mlsstore.com/?sortOption=NewestArrivals&pageSize=1&query=Adidas shorts

And of course they're overpriced! Ughh!!!! Man United shorts are $30 cheaper than these.

• Sad 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

4 minutes ago, BrySmalls said:

Wait until the summer and you'll find the MLS shorts at T.J. Maxx, Marshalls, etc. for half the price!

Only problem for me is I'll have FC Dallas, Houston, and Colorado Rapids shorts to choose from. Hahahahaha!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Inter Miami confirm this year's worst-kept secret:

Nice to see Miami finally catch up with Seattle from three years ago:

Nightfall_Ruidiaz.jpg?d=1560x2340

Although it was kind of :censored:ty of Seattle to ape Miami's look before they even came into the league.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

There are some head scratchers here and there, but this one the whole feels like the strongest MLS design year in recent memory.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

47 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Minnesota’s shirt has leaked and it’s… not good. Fantastic idea, horrible execution.

If the color just went down a little farther, it would be such a hit. But it looks like the AC Milan jerseys from this year that had the stripes on a white shirt

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

You do know that MLS doesn't allow patterns on the name and number areas on the back of their jerseys right? So Adidas does actually have an excuse because of the dumb MLS rule. It's how you end up with crap like this....

Will Barco, Martinez still be with Atlanta United after the summer?

Instead of this...

Arsenal: Ivan Toney availability reliant on key factor at Brentford

Name and number area does not equal the entire back panel of the shirt, so that isn't an excuse for having the entire back one colour instead of something creative that looks decent.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Minnesota’s shirt has leaked and it’s… not good. Fantastic idea, horrible execution.

I think I can see what they were going for here—and is this a change shirt or primary? (Speaking of, I think MLS might've missed that one somewhere: what happened to "primary" and "change" designation? Anyway) it looks to me like a very abstract depiction of a downtown cityscape at either dusk or at dawn, as would appear from a distance and reflected in the water. (I did some digital photography projects that turned out almost exactly like that.) The colors almost reflect those at either time of day—and to have that black loom flying over like that just adds more to the story. Plus, the mosaic, at least to me, does a great job of mimicking the Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis the state's known for. Shoot...I LIKE that shirt! (This coming from someone who has a bit too much MNUFC gear in his closet already.) And I tell you what: Minnesota could drop the gray, boost the black and add that fuchsia tone to their colorway and be set for life with it. That is shaaarrrrpp. *chef's kiss*

52 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Name and number area does not equal the entire back panel of the shirt, so that isn't an excuse for having the entire back one colour instead of something creative that looks decent.

I wish MLS would relax that rule also, especially in instances where the numbers greatly contrast with whatever the back pattern may be. And didn't Vancouver somehow get around that restriction a year or two ago with one of their then-new shirts, had a red back number against a navy hoop?

Speaking of backs...I really don't know how to feel about all these blank backs on these shirts this season; to me it kinda drags some of them down—like, say, CITY's, for example. Those pinstripes are light enough that either a pink CITY red or navy number could contrast greatly against it. Oh and speaking of which, check out this replica change shirt of theirs:

UDAH3zR.jpeg

What da eff, man??? No kind of pi—er, CITY Red trim in the collar or trim of any kind on the sleeve cuffs...and they still want people to pay $90-something for that??? (Then again, it may be a smart business ploy to move more fans into spending almost 70% more for the authentic, like a certain former full-time trucker-type guy we all know around here somewhere...)

• Like 3

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

^ adidas has treated MLS replicas like garbage for years with many missing design elements. I wish MLS would hold their provider to a higher standard because that’s not how adidas treats their top flight global teams that they sponsor. Adidas should keep the differences to materials and fit, not critical design elements that change the feel of the shirt.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, tBBP said:

I wish MLS would relax that rule also, especially in instances where the numbers greatly contrast with whatever the back pattern may be. And didn't Vancouver somehow get around that restriction a year or two ago with one of their then-new shirts, had a red back number against a navy hoop?

mens-vancouver-whitecaps-fc-adidas-white

Whitecaps had an unbroken hoop and it looked great, shame about the crappy MLS numbers that don't have outlines.

40504765?w=400%26&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=bc15188

There were also the primeblue jerseys that had the patterns on the front and back.

15 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

^ adidas has treated MLS replicas like garbage for years with many missing design elements. I wish MLS would hold their provider to a higher standard because that’s not how adidas treats their top flight global teams that they sponsor. Adidas should keep the differences to materials and fit, not critical design elements that change the feel of the shirt.

Agreed on this point. I got a Germany 2022 WC away jersey this week and it's pretty much indistinguishable from the authentic. It's a shame Adidas/MLS continues to shaft us North Americans. The day that each club can pick it's own kit supplier, the better.

• Like 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

From the feelings I'm picking up around here, I'm about to give you a scorching hot take... I like the Minnesota kit more than Chicago's. Chicago doesn't do it for me. I don't know if it's the centered crest, or the massive blank space in the middle of the shirt (which I hope is temporary), or the fact that navy feels somewhat shoehorned in. Minnesota's isn't perfect but it feels more complete, if that makes sense. Would have loved to have seen the product in full light blue though, rather than a blue/white split.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

Agreed on this point. I got a Germany 2022 WC away jersey this week and it's pretty much indistinguishable from the authentic. It's a shame Adidas/MLS continues to shaft us North Americans. The day that each club can pick it's own kit supplier, the better.

That last sentence is what is holding MLS clubs hostage. When adidas puts out a new kit for Real Madrid or Bayern, they have to put their best foot forward because they are directly paying the club. They also have 100+ years of history to respect and a fan base that expects the utmost care for team apparel. Anything less could result in a supporter protest. With MLS, they don’t pay the clubs, they pay the league who controls the clubs’ assets. Younger league with less responsibility for the manufacturer, and also less expectations from its fans, unfortunately. I am not opposed to a league wide contract. The NFL and NBA manage to figure it out. But we have seen some of the issues that come with such a deal (unwanted alternates, new alternates that must rotate every year, etc). MLS just needs to ask more from adidas going forward.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

mens-vancouver-whitecaps-fc-adidas-white

Whitecaps had an unbroken hoop and it looked great, shame about the crappy MLS numbers that don't have outlines.

the legibility of those jersey names/numbers from the stands and on screen was really bad, especially as they also were sun/light reflective in some circumstances. Wasn't alone with that view in my family and friend circle.

and IMO it also looks bad with the numbers being larger than the hoop/stripes.

A potential solution for the latter would be to slightly increase the size of the hoop, so the whole number(s) fits in it, no overlapping.

16 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

You do know that MLS doesn't allow patterns on the name and number areas on the back of their jerseys right? So Adidas does actually have an excuse because of the dumb MLS rule. It's how you end up with crap like this....

But is this actually true?  We keep hearing it, but that Vancouver jersey seems to speak differently.  And numbers on most patterns that we've seen this year would clearly be way more legible than on Vancouver's hoop. I think it's simply a combo of Adidas' template and their will of playing it safe. 

And as far as I know, this is also true for most other football leagues. For example in Italy and Spain,  where stripes on the back are clearly permitted, if the number contrasts enough, but most brands (especially Adidas and Puma) prefer to produce plain backs anyway. I mean, Inter and Barcelona were even permitted to play in the Champions League with striped backs, and the CL is notoriously extremely strict on uniform rules. 

• Like 1