MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

Portland Plaid!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I am a huge fan of this one. The plaid stands out just the right amount IMO, and seeing better pics really makes me appreciate the white accents. I think going gold for all of the logos, three stripes, etc. would’ve been a bit overkill with the bold plaid pattern so going white not only provides a different look from their last three primaries but also works better with the plaid. The jocktag graphic is incredible, and the gold accents do pop nicely. I do hope there’s a white shorts option again, too.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Applause 3

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, Sport said:

Portland shouldn't ever wear anything else besides plaid. That looks fantastic and also fitting for the team. How did it take them this long to find that? 

They technically had plaid on their 2017/18 shirts, but it was small scale and embossed into the fabric:

spacer.png

Definitely think they were smart to make the plaid more of the standout feature this time around.

• Like 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Better look at the full Timbers kit:

spacer.png

Can barely see it here but the underarm panels on the back of the authentic have the plaid pattern carried over. We saw a while back that San Jose’s new shirt has the same thing. I’m glad they went that route instead of making them white or gold:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Also looks like the MLS logo on the sleeves might be the same material as the sponsor logos now instead of a fabric heat transfer patch:

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Also looks like the MLS logo on the sleeves might be the same material as the sponsor logos now instead of a fabric heat transfer patch:

spacer.png

I wonder if it and the Apple TV patch are set as one patch. I guess I'll find out when my Crew jersey gets here.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

mens-adidas-red-seattle-sounders-fc-2023 

IDK, it's cool that they really went for it, but the mismatched back/front bugs me, the whole color scheme looks more Timbers to me (especially with the sponsor), and I really don't think Bruce Lee and the Sounders have anything to do with each other regardless of where the guy went to high school.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

the only disappointment with Atlanta is the armpit panel, but at least with the striping sequence it will kind of blend in a bit -- yeah that's not a good enough explanation for it. No reason it needs to be filled in as a different color. 

It's still a great call back to the original kit, especially because the gold trim on the collar and cuffs ties it all up, wheras the original kit had solid black cuffs and collars. 

I will gladly give them my money today. It's a beaut

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

the only disappointment with Atlanta is the armpit panel, but at least with the striping sequence it will kind of blend in a bit -- yeah that's not a good enough explanation for it. No reason it needs to be filled in as a different color. 

About the only good thing about the replicas is that most don't have that armpit panel. But for some teams, having the panel actually helps, like Columbus. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

This is called "La Voz de Austin", but nothing about this reminds me of the music scene. 

The new Austin FC kit reminds me of dazzle ships, which is a naval camouflage:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-OaS-q5-O4bs/TpEqYm9wIXI/AAAAAAAAA8Q/IpcYewvCn44/s280/Dazzle%2B10.jpg

The music connection for me is not to Austin at all, but at least to a classic OMD album called Dazzle Ships:

OTgzNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Seattle shirt is great, but they really need a white shirt again at some point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

A few thoughts:

- all in all very nice designs and colours. The league deserves some colour and fantasy

- those plain backs are a disgrace though

- portland again with a kit for the ages

- that colorado kit is nice, but underwhelming given the promotional campaign. Someone still owes us a kit with that sweet sunset gradient of the first teaser

8 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

They couldn't get the green on the back to match the green on the front?

If there's a flaw in this kit, it's this. The picture of Diego Chara that someone posted earlier, where he was wearing the jersey tucked into green shorts, was also sort of awkward looking because of the varied shades of green. 

This would be nitpicking an otherwise stellar jersey, though. I also wonder whether this becomes less glaring once name and number get placed on the back. 

42 minutes ago, WestCoastBias said:

They couldn't get the green on the back to match the green on the front?

I’ve been told by a couple of people who’ve seen it in person that the shades look much closer in person. Can’t attest to that myself, but I don’t know why they’d lie about it. Will probably look different in all lightning conditions, unfortunately.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1