MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

3 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Chicago Fire secondary: 

mens-adidas-white-chicago-fire-2023-a-ki

At first glance, I wasn't sure about it. But it's growing on me.

I love it. That’s a definite buy for me. 

• Like 2

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

8 minutes ago, Kevin W. said:

I love it. That’s a definite buy for me. 

The more I look at it, the more I'm reminded of Japan's away kit from the World Cup. Same sort of colour scheme and geometric patterns, if not the offset colours. Yeah, it's really growing on me.

• Like 2

You know I think so far, ALMOST every single kit has been a hit. There has not been an over abundance of all black or all white or just lazy designs. They all have a pretty nice look and are creative to what we’ve seen. I know there’s still teams to reveal tomorrow but they’re all so far winners for the most part in my book.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

You know I think so far, ALMOST every single kit has been a hit. There has not been an over abundance of all black or all white or just lazy designs. They all have a pretty nice look and are creative to what we’ve seen. I know there’s still teams to reveal tomorrow but they’re all so far winners for the most part in my book.

Only miss for me is Austin. And that's not even necessarily about the different striping patterns. It's more about the white Adidas shoulder stripes and side/hem stripes that throw it off kilter for me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, insert name said:

I'm so glad we're moving past that "bland white kit" era. Anything is better than nothing. 

This might have been the nadir of MLS design:

Camisas-do-Chicago-Fire-2020-Adidas-MLS-

That's the Buffaslug of MLS logos.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Sad 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

Camisas-do-Chicago-Fire-2020-Adidas-MLS-

At least the Buffaslug had some character. 

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

5 hours ago, WBeltz said:

There have been some swings and misses, for sure, but better than not swinging at all. If you’ll pardon the mixed metaphor.

Biggest problem is the obnoxiousness of the current Adidas template, unfortunately. Somewhat detracts from all the good bespoke design work we’re seeing.

• Like 8

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

2 hours ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

In fairness that particular one was less a lazy design effort, and more a rush-job necessitated by a hasty and ill-advised rebrand that a new owner crammed through without enough time.

• Like 1

Not sure if Instagram embeds here, but Galaxy's new shirt dropped and...wow.  Beautiful.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cov2x3GNqrQ/?igshid=MDJmNzVkMjY=

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

A good jersey completely ruined by an awful sponsor.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Vancouver kept the chest hoop but added red to it and also added five thin horizontal pinstripes:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

They’re also keeping the two-color name set printing, with navy NOB’s and red numbers. I do hope they have navy shorts in addition to the white shown in the video above.

Will the team need to acknowledge the Tribal Chief now?

• Like 2

I’m just saying, if Nashville did that kit five years ago, everyone would light up Adidas for churning out another boring black kit that doesn’t even fit the team brand. Do it now and slap a tiny Johnny Cash graphic on it and you’re good. Copywriters doing work!

• Like 4