MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

1 hour ago, GriffinM6 said:

I know some people had their qualms with Colorado's kit, but I absolutely love it and I think it has to do with it reminding me of this beer can design.

The only qualm I have is that I expected something a bit more colourful after seeing the official teasers 😁 But the kit is very nice nevertheless

spacer.png

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

St Louis City away

spacer.png

spacer.png

Worth mentioning that it not only only features the old Adidas logo but is on last year’s template. Probably a safe assumption that it’ll be replaced next year. Adidas did the same for Austin in their first year. As for the design, it’s pretty forgettable but that’s not much of a surprise. Won’t need to be worn all that much, anyways.

3 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

These were supposed to break the internet? Are they aware other teams have worn pinstripes? 

There-is-the-disappointment-ive-been-waiting-for GIFs - Get the best GIF on  GIPHY

spacer.png

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Worth mentioning that it not only only features the old Adidas logo but is on last year’s template. Probably a safe assumption that it’ll be replaced next year. Adidas did the same for Austin in their first year. As for the design, it’s pretty forgettable but that’s not much of a surprise. Won’t need to be worn all that much, anyways.

spacer.png

Was it really a joke, or did you, and the rest of us, expect more than this with over two years to get this design right? It's a nice shirt, but the only advantage it has over other inaugural uniforms is there is one actual uniform element instead of just recoloring a team template. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

It’s a shame the St Louis away kit will be the one replaced next year because I actually think it’s the stronger of the two. Their home shirt tries to do way too much with color overload and an abstract generic pattern. The away shirt is much cleaner and something that I’d wear if I was a fan.

Regarding Miami, I don’t mind the under arm panels since it gets a bit more pink in the design. Their black kits have felt a bit lifeless at times so I like having some more color involved.

• Like 7

5 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Was it really a joke, or did you, and the rest of us, expect more than this with over two years to get this design right? It's a nice shirt, but the only advantage it has over other inaugural uniforms is there is one actual uniform element instead of just recoloring a team template. 

Do I think them putting “the internet might break” at the end of a teaser video was a joke? Yes, yes I do. Seems pretty clear to me, especially given the other releases around the league. Did I expect more? Maybe a little bit more, but this is pretty much in line with other recent expansion team away kits. Charlotte last year was a little bit of a departure with the custom collar/cuff pattern, but it was still more on the plain side.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Looks like authentic shorts will be available for purchase this year. Right now the MLS Store has the new shorts for Philly, Cincy, Columbus, New England, Seattle, Houston (orange & black), NYCFC, Austin, NYRB, and Atlanta. Would assume all of the shorts will be available eventually.

https://www.mlsstore.com/?sortOption=NewestArrivals&pageSize=1&query=Adidas shorts

• Love 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

32 minutes ago, aawagner011 said:

It’s a shame the St Louis away kit will be the one replaced next year because I actually think it’s the stronger of the two. Their home shirt tries to do way too much with color overload and an abstract generic pattern. The away shirt is much cleaner and something that I’d wear if I was a fan.

This is exactly what I thought. I'm not a fan of white kits in general, but the addition of the pinstripes make this something I'd much prefer wearing in public. I don't dislike the City Red kits, but this one, on the whole, is much more appealing as a piece of streetwear. 

12 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

This is exactly what I thought. I'm not a fan of white kits in general, but the addition of the pinstripes make this something I'd much prefer wearing in public. I don't dislike the City Red kits, but this one, on the whole, is much more appealing as a piece of streetwear. 

The StL change shirt is gray, with pinstripes - dark grey pinstripes and in between them, gray pinstripes slightly lighter than the base fabric.

Its a pretty decent shirt, but like a lot of the new releases, the one colour back lets it down when adidas could easily have had pins on the back and side panels, and the (presumably) navy numbers would still have stood out on the shirt, two shades of pins wouldn't have caused any issues.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GriffinM6 said:

I know some people had their qualms with Colorado's kit

COL-secondary.jpg

That picture showing the solid colour back shows one of the reasons why. There's no good reason why adidas couldn't have had the pattern on the back too, and in those pictures, the shade of blue on the back doesn't match one of the shades used on the front and sleeves. Orange only being present on the back hem/side trim also looks odd, and then there are those massive side panels in royal blue. Those panels in different colours to the back panel have let down quite a few of the shirts this year, and while its not as bad as the LA Galaxy change with those red side panels, it still isn't a good look.

If the side trim had matched the cuffs and collar, and the back and side panels had the pattern on the sleeves and front instead of being one colour and royal blue respectively, it would have been one of the best MLS shirts of all time. The actual shirt is good, but it could, and should have been great.

5 hours ago, aawagner011 said:

You wanna know the killing thing about that? Check out the shirt they made for Spirit the Dog:

NxFL2St.jpeg

That shirt, some navy blue shorts and some navy-topped *red* (!) socks would've been lit. As it is...

4 hours ago, gosioux76 said:

I'm not a fan of white kits in general, but the addition of the pinstripes make this something I'd much prefer wearing in public. I don't dislike the City Red kits, but this one, on the whole, is much more appealing as a piece of streetwear. 

Those thoughts are my thoughts...which is exactly why they're about to siphon some more of my hard-earned bread from me 😄

• Like 6

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

19 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

That picture showing the solid colour back shows one of the reasons why. There's no good reason why adidas couldn't have had the pattern on the back too, and in those pictures, the shade of blue on the back doesn't match one of the shades used on the front and sleeves. Orange only being present on the back hem/side trim also looks odd, and then there are those massive side panels in royal blue. Those panels in different colours to the back panel have let down quite a few of the shirts this year, and while its not as bad as the LA Galaxy change with those red side panels, it still isn't a good look.

If the side trim had matched the cuffs and collar, and the back and side panels had the pattern on the sleeves and front instead of being one colour and royal blue respectively, it would have been one of the best MLS shirts of all time. The actual shirt is good, but it could, and should have been great.

You do know that MLS doesn't allow patterns on the name and number areas on the back of their jerseys right? So Adidas does actually have an excuse because of the dumb MLS rule. It's how you end up with crap like this....

Will Barco, Martinez still be with Atlanta United after the summer?

Instead of this...

Arsenal: Ivan Toney availability reliant on key factor at Brentford

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, GriffinM6 said:

You do know that MLS doesn't allow patterns on the name and number areas on the back of their jerseys right? So Adidas does actually have an excuse because of the dumb MLS rule. It's how you end up with crap like this....

Will Barco, Martinez still be with Atlanta United after the summer?

Instead of this...

Arsenal: Ivan Toney availability reliant on key factor at Brentford

Honestly both are crap. Those numbers in the bottom one aren't legible. The top photo is a bad attempt to try to have stripes while adhering to the MLS rule. Having the back a solid color is an easy rule to enforce to ensure numbers are always legible. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Honestly both are crap. Those numbers in the bottom one aren't legible. The top photo is a bad attempt to try to have stripes while adhering to the MLS rule. Having the back a solid color is an easy rule to enforce to ensure numbers are always legible. 

I've never understood why the EFL hasn't gone back and at least added an outline to the numbers or required one color for the back of the jerseys. A simple outline would make those numbers legible. 

Newest January recruits handed squad numbers | News | Doncaster Rovers

The previous numbers worked better when there were no breaks in the numbers. 

2017/18 Squad numbers - No.10 #JustForStan

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png