MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

On 2023-02-03 at 4:12 PM, BC985 said:

St. Louis is unveiling what they are calling their “Away Kit” on February 17th. The email also said they will be wearing this kit in their season opening match at Austin. 

STL have a "Red" home shirt, its not like there is a shortage of teams that they will clash with. Would have thought they would have gone with their first choice in their MLS debut.

The Seattle Sounders are playing on FS1 right now. For some odd reason I want to see them wear the reverse of their primary kits, blue/green/blue. I'm sure it would probably look bad, but I want to actually see it myself for confirmation.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

1 hour ago, WBeltz said:

More of the adidas RKR websites have seemed to be activated. NYRB & Austin FC are two for sure, but the others still come up as unworking.

Those two have been up for a few days now. I believe Austin, Atlanta, LAFC, Nashville, NYRB, Seattle, and St. Louis are still the only ones active.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Yeah, I saw that on Reddit, I think. Not unusual for Adidas to rip itself off.

Will still be a cool design for Seattle though and I'll be glad to be rid of the purple.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

On 2023-02-05 at 11:29 PM, 4_tattoos said:

The Seattle Sounders are playing on FS1 right now. For some odd reason I want to see them wear the reverse of their primary kits, blue/green/blue. I'm sure it would probably look bad, but I want to actually see it myself for confirmation.

Sanna-Nyassi-Aziz-Dieng-Vs-Kitsap-2.jpg 

Just gotta go back to 2009, year one of the Sounders' MLS operation. Unfortunately the look is dragged down by the horrid paneling aesthetic of its time. It's okay but Sounders blue and Sounders green are so tonally similar that simply reversing them doesn't make the kit look that different from afar... it would be a good choice when they're away to yellow teams but wouldn't be much of an improvement away to Portland.

How to save it: I think if you go one shade lighter on the blue, and pair it with white shorts, that would be pretty suitable for Seattle and it would work in most any situation where their usual pea-soup green shirts wouldn't. But they seem pretty dedicated to away kits that are radically outside the usual team brand so not likely to happen.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Digby said:

Just gotta go back to 2009, year one of the Sounders' MLS operation. Unfortunately the look is dragged down by the horrid paneling aesthetic of its time. It's okay but Sounders blue and Sounders green are so tonally similar that simply reversing them doesn't make the kit look that different from afar... it would be a good choice when they're away to yellow teams but wouldn't be much of an improvement away to Portland.

How to save it: I think if you go one shade lighter on the blue, and pair it with white shorts, that would be pretty suitable for Seattle and it would work in most any situation where their usual pea-soup green shirts wouldn't. But they seem pretty dedicated to away kits that are radically outside the usual team brand so not likely to happen.

1982 fauxbacks!

My pipe dream is blue/white/blue (or blue/blue/white) as a permanent secondary kit combo, worn every game against Portland, home or away.

peter-ward-of-the-seattle-sounders-durin

Save the wild color schemes for thirds!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, vtgco said:

1982 fauxbacks!

My pipe dream is blue/white/blue (or blue/blue/white) as a permanent secondary kit combo, worn every game against Portland, home or away.

peter-ward-of-the-seattle-sounders-durin

Save the wild color schemes for thirds!

Shameless plug:

• Like 3
  • Applause 2

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

24 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Shameless plug:

Gorgeous stuff! So smart to have that tonal Adidas striping for the Galaxy's shoulder yoke. While I'd rather see the original NASL colors, you do the idea justice for my Sounders in the current colors.

Deleted my Twitter a bit ago, so I would love to see this series and comment further on it on the Concepts board!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, vtgco said:

Gorgeous stuff! So smart to have that tonal Adidas striping for the Galaxy's shoulder yoke. While I'd rather see the original NASL colors, you do the idea justice for my Sounders in the current colors.

Deleted my Twitter a bit ago, so I would love to see this series and comment further on it on the Concepts board!

Thanks! I’ve admittedly been too lazy to start up a thread on the Concepts forum, but I may still do it!

• Like 1

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

10 minutes ago, hendocfc said:

The DC United "cherry blossom" kit, according to Footy Headlines

dc-united-2023-away-kit-2.jpg

Not great, I'm afraid. Execution could have been much better.

I actually like it. It's more subtle than the Nats and Wizards uniforms and still gets the theme across. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

7/10 sounds right. I like that it reads as DCU still, but also you can’t miss the pink accents, so that’s a success at threading that needle (which isn’t easy). Would have preferred if they found a way to work in the sublimated graphic in a more subtle/abstract way than just the giant tree printed there.

• Like 2