MLS kits 2023

gosioux76

2 hours ago, tBBP said:

How the NEXT Pro team got a better crest than the parent club??? 🤔

(Well except for the F and C being split on two sides like that....

The Huntsville City crest is also better than their parent clubs (Nashville FC), I would also put forward the crest for Colorado Rapids 2 as being better than their parent by Virtue of eliminating many of the excess outlines.

• Like 2

Crown Legacy is definitely better than "Charlotte FC II" and on the whole I think the brand is solid. I prefer the parent club's crown and ligature, personally, but on the whole I'm glad to see a unique brand for out MLS Next Pro team. They play in Matthews as well, which means it'll be even easier to see games for me.

the user formerly known as cdclt

Even some of the generic II clubs have managed to figure out identity pieces better than the parent. This isn't perfect, but it's an improvement by virtue of not acknowledging the "Club Internacional" whatever nonsense that clutters up the real one. Feels like Inter Miami's logo reading as "Inter Miami" is probably a good idea.

MNP-MIA-Logo-480px.png 

45 minutes ago, EricSpratt said:

spacer.png

Back of Cincy's new home kit. I wonder how much navy will be on the front if most of the back is royal blue.

I think the front is also royal, based off the pic from the media day that showed a blue chest

20 minutes ago, gosioux76 said:

What is that wordmark on the back collar? I've never seen that before. 

That's new to me, too.

Almost looks inspired by [any one of the] bridges around town. Anyone got a blown-up/clearer version of that? 

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

57 minutes ago, tBBP said:

That's new to me, too.

Almost looks inspired by [any one of the] bridges around town. Anyone got a blown-up/clearer version of that? 

I'm guessing it's supposed to be the Roebling Bridge. Couldn't find any results online for that logo, so it's probably brand new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

The Union will have Thomas’ on their upcoming secondary kits:

I can kind of appreciate the way a holding company like Bimbo uses this sponsorship to showcase several of their consumer brands. That said, I'm looking forward to the Union jersey that eventually features this Bimbo brand as the shirt sponsor:
spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

On 1/30/2023 at 4:20 PM, Digby said:

Even some of the generic II clubs have managed to figure out identity pieces better than the parent. This isn't perfect, but it's an improvement by virtue of not acknowledging the "Club Internacional" whatever nonsense that clutters up the real one. Feels like Inter Miami's logo reading as "Inter Miami" is probably a good idea.

MNP-MIA-Logo-480px.png 

I'm right there with you. Setting aside the fact that the Euro-conventioned "Internacionale" is utterly superfluous and completely unnecessary--and the fact that Inter Miami doesn't roll off the tongue anywhere near as well as Inter Milan--that is, in fact, quite the nice remix of the parent club's badge. (That said, when is CF Miami--can I call them that, instead?--going to do something about that pale shade of pink??)

1 hour ago, BltzW said:

Real Salt Lake's kit seemingly leaks. ANother yellow kit.

https://www.footyheadlines.com/2023/01/real-salt-lake-2023-away-kit.html

I'm gonna guess that this go-round yellow is the new black in MLS??

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

17 hours ago, tBBP said:

I'm right there with you. Setting aside the fact that the Euro-conventioned "Internacionale" is utterly superfluous and completely unnecessary--and the fact that Inter Miami doesn't roll off the tongue anywhere near as well as Inter Milan--that is, in fact, quite the nice remix of the parent club's badge. (That said, when is CF Miami--can I call them that, instead?--going to do something about that pale shade of pink??)

It would be fitting that RSL fans, who have been asking for a new yellow kit for a decade, would only get one because Adidas had a league-wide aesthetic shift.

• Like 1

spacer.png

I HATE THIS TIMELINE

On 2023-01-31 at 10:20 PM, tBBP said:

(That said, when is CF Miami--can I call them that, instead?--going to do something about that pale shade of pink??

They changed the shade of pink last year when they changed the shade from one they called "clear pink" to a shade they call "true pink" and they are probably going to stick with that shade for the forseeable future - they'll probably leave the vice colour to the Heat.

Personally, I don't mind the "true pink" - it looks a lot nicer than the clear pink when combined with black and it does recall the buildings in the Art Deco district of Miami.
890aef9cdcf72238bb71a7554efc8cb0.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=8101c2a02cb309280256a18e2b48e339a8d0b2d0d5ac10731fc03f2ed284a534&ipo=images7abf4bc1481fa4d683dc81fcd7a67138.jpg&f=1

0c7867ae8e2239e4b17e8ff49737cfdd.jpg&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=632d0cf3ee0879664a36eedb9e1426ef072eba7c1300c066bb5cdaf0341944bb&ipo=images

Considering that Miami are the "Art Deco" team in the east, I've no problems with the shade Miami chose in 2022.

On 2023-01-31 at 10:20 PM, tBBP said:

As of the leaked and released changes, right now we have

Charlotte - Violet

RSL - Yellow/Gold

RBNY - Some gross shade of greenish yellow

Seattle - Tomato Soup red

LA Galaxy - Teal
Nashville - Black
DC United - White with cherry blossom

New England - White with red sash

Miami - Black
LA - Some gross shade of green

And also we have

Colorado - Not sure at this stage, might be blue, might be yellow, might be orange based on the teaser pic.

So it looks like black and yellow are even at this stage, but yellow might edge ahead.

1 hour ago, DG_ThenNowForever said:

The 2023 Seattle kit references Bruce Lee:

That's incredible.

That neon sign has a QR code to a page with this graphic!

6oFqgia.png

uU02KMn.png

A little bit of a relief that there's at least gonna be some yellow. A red & black ONLY jersey would make the new advertisement even bigger Thorn in our sides. >: (

• Like 4