NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

1 hour ago, DCarp1231 said:

Is the helmet going to be a “cardinal egg” type white finish? A little textured?

The whole helmet is an egg, with effects that make it looked cracked, and a baby cardinal is being born from it.  Two, actually - one on each side.

It's so obvious, I'm not sure how we didn't figure it out sooner.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 11

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

22 minutes ago, TruColor said:

One of you is on the right track as far as the helmets go...

So you're telling me that the Cardinals helmets are gonna either be a nice upgrade, or something really, really gimmicky?

3 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Is the helmet going to be a “cardinal egg” type white finish? A little textured?

I mean in practice that doesn't sound terrible, but how textured will it be?

spacer.png

Will it be noticeable too? Or will it be like Oregon's speckled jersey? 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

All I can think is it has to be some sort of desert sand color. The defacto colors for Phoenix area pro sports teams are Brick/Maroon and Sand, and it would just make too much sense to see them trend in that direction. I’m starting to wonder if that “orange” color we keep hearing about is actually copper. I could absolutely get behind an AZ Cardinals team in Brick, Sand, and a touch of copper. That could look very nice. 

I'm hoping that this is the helmet that is the winner - something in a copper color. I've always liked that color since the Wranglers used it, followed up by the Rattlers.

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

9 hours ago, FiddySicks said:

All I can think is it has to be some sort of desert sand color. The defacto colors for Phoenix area pro sports teams are Brick/Maroon and Sand, and it would just make too much sense to see them trend in that direction. I’m starting to wonder if that “orange” color we keep hearing about is actually copper. I could absolutely get behind an AZ Cardinals team in Brick, Sand, and a touch of copper. That could look very nice. 

I would be completely on-board with Copper.  Unique, fitting.  

I wonder if the helmet finish is textured...not like an egg, but like Ohio State's cannonball-looking helmet from a few years back? 

osu-cannonball-helmet.jpg

Cue up the "Eggheads" jokes.

I would be okay with this, except for the fact that it looks like a nightmare for decals to adhere to.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ZapRowsdower8 said:

That picture of the eggs makes me think they are going to be “desert camo” helmets. I hope I’m wrong. 

That would be an interesting direction, also, given Pat Tillman's relevance to the franchise. 

It's a foregone conclusion that they'll have combos, but you can also bet your ass there will be an alt uniform; will they go with a Throwback, namely the Pat Tillman era, or really lean into it and go military? 

Desert Camo, with a theme of honor & service in tribute to Tillman does make sense as a brand identity to build around, though not everyone will love it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

I would be completely on-board with Copper.  Unique, fitting.  

I wonder if the helmet finish is textured...not like an egg, but like Ohio State's cannonball-looking helmet from a few years back? 

osu-cannonball-helmet.jpg

Cue up the "Eggheads" jokes.

I would be okay with this, except for the fact that it looks like a nightmare for decals to adhere to.

Hand painted logos incoming

• Like 1

Just now, HOOVER said:

That would be an interesting direction, also, given Pat Tillman's relevance to the franchise. 

It's a foregone conclusion that they'll have combos, but you can also bet your ass there will be an alt uniform; will they go with a Throwback, namely the Pat Tillman era, or really lean into it and go military? 

Desert Camo, with a theme of honor & service in tribute to Tillman does make sense as a brand identity to build around, though not everyone will love it.

Might the Tillman family have an issue with that given Pat’s ultimate political position and the specific circumstances of his service?

If they are going to go Desert Camo/Pat Tilman, I wouldn't mind seeing them putting a spin on the ASU Tilman uniforms from a while back. I think they would look nice regardless. Maybe just the color for the Helmet/Jersey/Pants and and a patch on the jersey or a helmet sticker.

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

They're not going desert camo lol

Been said multiple times that the helmets will be white. 

But what about an alternate? Is it still black? Or different?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WBeltz said:

Fair point...

Though if maroon, orange, and gray are the colors...they may go with dark gray helmets like ASU did some years ago (when they tried gray and copper)

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1 minute ago, WBeltz said:

I would imagine this to be this case. Seems a bit short-sighted to drop the alternate black helmets after only a year after all of the extra details they worked to have on it.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)