NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

On 4/10/2023 at 7:36 AM, BBTV said:

I'm 99% certain I was the one that suggested taking all these hare-brained plans that derailed threads and putting them into their own pointless thread (and Admiral came up with the reel-line-mint meme.)  Unfortunately, I think that graphic got lost in one of the forum upgrades.

Found it!

unclerebus.jpg

• Applause 1

It's where I sit.

7 hours ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Yeah, the NFC South has gotten really bad, especially considering it used to give us: 

This day in 1973, the Falcons handed the Saints their worst loss in  franchise history. 62-7. : r/falcons

Tampa Bay Buccaneers SI Vault Picture Collection - Sports Illustrated

Though, to be pedantic, and while the above is very nice, the NFC South never really gave us any of that. That would be mostly the NFC West with some Central mixed in. The NFC South has always felt like a lot of black and silver (of varying shades) with some nice accent colors mixed in.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ted Cunningham said:

YES. I searched high and low for that graphic. I was going to post it with no comment for the old heads around here. But I couldn't find it.

I searched for all the terms STOP REEL LINE MINT.

It was in the NHL bad decisions thread

• Like 1

It's where I sit.

31 minutes ago, Eszcz21 said:

The Lions 90th season patch looks great.

https://twitter.com/Lions/status/1646151394364104706?s=20

spacer.png

Also it looks like they're switching to the new nike template, which is a downgrade.

Yeah, it's going to take a little bit of getting used to. The tailoring looks unorthodox for the NFL, especially for more traditional teams. 

FthMkPrWYAEUFZX?format=jpg&name=small

Nike does offer a more horizontal chest/should tailoring on their catalogue, so I hope they pull that out for some of the teams.

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

23 minutes ago, SSmith48 said:

Yeah, it's going to take a little bit of getting used to. The tailoring looks unorthodox for the NFL, especially for more traditional teams. 

Nike does offer a more horizontal chest/should tailoring on their catalogue, so I hope they pull that out for some of the teams.

Hopefully this means the Steelers can do the Batman throwback now.

• Like 12
  • Applause 2
  • Hurl 1

9 minutes ago, WBeltz said:

Hopefully this means the Steelers can do the Batman throwback now.

This is the only positive that could come out of this template change.

Although I'm not sure it's a time that Pittsburgh fans want to recall.

Hot take: I think the Batman jerseys work much better with their pants and helmet than their classic sleeve striping does.

• Like 9

spacer.png

2 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

Yeah, I really don’t like.

The Bacon Neck collar design is stupid.

The vertical seams on the body are meh and teams will have to possibly sew over them to fit numbers or downsize numbers.  The Lions have one of the smallest-looking number fonts in the league, unless they made them bigger starting with this template change, so teams with bolder fonts could have an issue.

The last template was perfect.  Shame they’re moving away from it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SSmith48 said:

50668241987_8e6c9fb94b_h.jpg

It's already been put in to use, though this cut appears to be more straight across, rather than the cut that Oregon and the BCS bowl teams used. I don't think the change will be too drastic  for most teams since those that use wordmarks tend to have smaller versions than the college teams. The numbers will be a bit smaller as well.

Ohio State's Playoff Uniforms “Honor The Traditions” Of Past Teams - Sports  Illustrated Ohio State Buckeyes News, Analysis and More

50668241967_8a22223dd0_k.jpg

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png