NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Maybe.  But if they’re able to sell a buttload of merch with some off the wall rebrand, then wait five years and sell a buttload of merch with a “return to the classic” why should they care?

Speaking of which, would y'all believe we're now going on year six of these??

uCtZ8vJ.jpeg

TawcqUJ.jpeg

emmnEym.jpeg

Just sayin'...

• Like 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Dislike 1

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

33 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Speaking of which, would y'all believe we're now going on year six of these??

uCtZ8vJ.jpeg

TawcqUJ.jpeg

emmnEym.jpeg

Just sayin'...

If they would make the following changes to these uniforms they could carry on for many, many more years.

Teal jersey: Add gold & black trim around white numbers

White jersey: Add gold & teal trim around black numbers

Black jersey: Add gold & teal trim around white numbers

Pants could use subtle gold/teal/black striping (depending on pants color) but even if left unchanged, with those tweaks to the jersey, the Jags sets would become so much easier on the eyes.

• Like 3

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

16 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I actually don’t mind the Jaguars uniforms when they wear the right combinations

The ones posted above are at best tolerable. But when they wear white over stripeless white/black with barely a hint of teal or gold anywhere on the uniform... ugh. They aren't as easy to hate on as the Titans or Commanders because there is no single element that can be pointed out as bad. But the overall lack of any design details is just awful. They bore me to death.

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

I actually don’t mind the Jaguars uniforms when they wear the right combinations

Same…they’ve held up well.  If they just stuck with Teal/White at home and White/Teal away, they’d always look good.

• Like 1

When the Jags wear some piece in teal, they look good enough. It's when the jersey and pants are each black and/or white. Black over black, white over white, black over white and white over black are all bad. If the jersey or pants are teal (to a lesser extent, teal over teal), then it's a decent look.

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, FamousAtticus said:

If they would make the following changes to these uniforms they could carry on for many, many more years.

Teal jersey: Add gold & black trim around white numbers

White jersey: Add gold & teal trim around black numbers

Black jersey: Add gold & teal trim around white numbers

Pants could use subtle gold/teal/black striping (depending on pants color) but even if left unchanged, with those tweaks to the jersey, the Jags sets would become so much easier on the eyes.

Teal Jersey:  Gold trim.  No black

TdgaSv9.png

White Jersey:  Teal Trim around GOLD numbers.  No black.

cSH5dzf.png

Eliminate all the black

They need to back to full on embracing the black as a main colour.  Put it back as an accent colour and things will look SO much better

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Hurl 1
  • Meh 1

I'm leaning towards hoping the Cardinals are thinking outside the box here (no pun intended) -- like I've said before, there isn't any history you're wiping away by going in a completely different direction, and Arizona teams have consistently worn contemporary uniforms across all sports. Let's get weird.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, rorinator said:

Allegedly the Commanders are getting new owners. Odds that the Harris group changes the team's name?

I could see new logos, but I don't think they'll change the name again.

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Most fans want the 95-2008 uniforms with the updated logo, but I'd go this route with the Jaguars uniforms. I'd be cool with the 2013 font like I have on the teal, or the current font like on the away and alt. Both fonts are solid.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 20
  • Love 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

Just now, jags1828 said:

Most fans want the 95-2008 uniforms with the updated logo, but I'd go this route with the Jaguars uniforms. I'd be cool with the 2013 font like I have on the teal, or the current font like on the away and alt. Both fonts are solid.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

I was a big fan of the 2013 font, but I think it’s time has finally passed.  These 3 jerseys, in the latest font, should be the next & final evolution of their uniform.  Maybe remove the Jag head from the left chest, add the lunging Jag on each cap sleeve, and you’ve got a timeless set that combines multiple eras and makes sense.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, CaliforniaGlowin said:

Does the 5-year uniform rule apply if the team changes names with new ownership?

I believe there is a rule stating that if a team enters new ownership within the 5 year uniform gap rule, the remaining years are negated.

Seeing as teams need 18-24 months for research and design, Washington could theoretically have new uniforms (and name) pre-2025 draft.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, HOOVER said:

Let’s just pray to God it’s not something like this (found on Twitter):

FtSgDv9aMAIbkeX.jpg

Based on how vague the few people who seem to have actual information about these uniforms are being, this is kind of what I expect. 

8 minutes ago, Jezus_Ghoti said:

Based on how vague the few people who seem to have actual information about these uniforms are being, this is kind of what I expect. 

If this is Photoshop, it’s a pretty decent one.  Even has Valley of the Sun in the inside collar.

That’s the old wordmark and font though, can’t imagine they’d retain those, so fairly obvious it’s not real, not that I assumed it was.