NFL 2023 Changes

DCarp1231

18 hours ago, BBTV said:

Am I the only one that noticed this dude's username is EDP445?

edp445-philly-scaled.jpg&w=3840&q=75

why you pointing 9it out, dude just wants cuipcakes. :P

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

8 hours ago, TBGKon said:

That's interesting to have that change.  Wonder if it has anything to do with the politicking to leave Chicago proper for the suburbs.

New Bears logo:

[MOD EDIT: No politics.]

Edited by officeglenn
  • LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

On 5/12/2023 at 6:07 PM, Discrim said:

So jaguars don't exist and everybody knows the famous Cowboy horseshoe.  Got it, Titans fans 🤣

I thought the joke was that they're tourists and transplants and that real Nashville residents, such as they are, are resentful of such stupid people. 

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

This is a 2024 topic, but have there been any credible leaks or speculation regarding what the Houston Texans are doing with the helmet, or their colors overall?  

Many are fans of the Red helmet, of which I am not.  I think a Matte White helmet with a Navy faceguard would be a good change for them, and we got a little glimpse of how that could look with the XFL's Houston Roughnecks this season (partially).  

However, the Texans logo looks best on a Navy helmet, but with a standard paint finish, no stripe and a Navy faceguard, it's just really boring.  

Probably suggested before, but one simple fix:  satin Navy finish, metallic Red faceguard.  Similar to the original AAF promo helmet (which used a chrome Red faceguard):

AAF_Helmet-e1550157701610.jpg

If they wanted to, they could add a 2-color stripe:  1/2 Red, 1/2 White, that ended a few inches up from the back bottom of the helmet, leaving room for a single White star, replicating the Texas flag.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, HOOVER said:

However, the Texans logo looks best on a Navy helmet, but with a standard paint finish, no stripe and a Navy faceguard, it's just really boring.  

Probably suggested before, but one simple fix:  satin Navy finish, metallic Red faceguard.  Similar to the original AAF promo helmet (which used a chrome Red faceguard):

If they wanted to, they could add a 2-color stripe:  1/2 Red, 1/2 White, that ended a few inches up from the back bottom of the helmet, leaving room for a single White star, replicating the Texas flag.

The Texans use a much darker navy than that helmet, and satin would be even more boring than their current helmet. I'd like to see metallic navy with dark royal flecks. Similar to the Giants, but darker.

• Like 1

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, burgundy said:

The Texans use a much darker navy than that helmet, and satin would be even more boring than their current helmet. I'd like to see metallic navy with dark royal flecks. Similar to the Giants, but darker.

It was just the closest example I could find.

Personally, I feel the Red face guard is the “pop” and if metallic, the contrast is best when used with an anodized, satin, or matte finish on a helmet, and I don’t find any of those finishes “boring” when executed properly.  I do find it boring when everything on the helmet - shell, mask, decals…is glossy/metallic.

Either way, the point I’m making is the Red facemask is the pop the helmet needs if they’re retaining a Navy shell.

3 hours ago, HOOVER said:

It was just the closest example I could find.

Personally, I feel the Red face guard is the “pop” and if metallic, the contrast is best when used with an anodized, satin, or matte finish on a helmet, and I don’t find any of those finishes “boring” when executed properly.  I do find it boring when everything on the helmet - shell, mask, decals…is glossy/metallic.

Either way, the point I’m making is the Red facemask is the pop the helmet needs if they’re retaining a Navy shell.

I would love to see a red facemask on their current helmet. They could do that concurrently with changing their primary to red. 

8 hours ago, HOOVER said:

This is a 2024 topic, but have there been any credible leaks or speculation regarding what the Houston Texans are doing with the helmet, or their colors overall?  

Many are fans of the Red helmet, of which I am not.  I think a Matte White helmet with a Navy faceguard would be a good change for them, and we got a little glimpse of how that could look with the XFL's Houston Roughnecks this season (partially).  

Credible leak was the Columbia blue H hat from their uniform meeting with the media. Sounds like there’s some push back from the league that they are working through. Ownership has been clear that light blue is also found on city flag and Houston police cars. 

Based on everything we’ve seen and heard it seems like they will add light blue to their current colors and focus on red overall more. I’d expect the old English H Town font to be prevalent  too. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JustABallCoach said:

Credible leak was the Columbia blue H hat from their uniform meeting with the media. Sounds like there’s some push back from the league that they are working through. Ownership has been clear that light blue is also found on city flag and Houston police cars. 

Based on everything we’ve seen and heard it seems like they will add light blue to their current colors and focus on red overall more. I’d expect the old English H Town font to be prevalent  too. 

So what we are saying is that the Texans and Titans will have essentially identical color schemes? 🙄 

• Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, Brave-Bird 08 said:

Not if the Texans aren't also adding two different shades of grey

So, aside from sparsely used accent colors…the same basic scheme. I would understand if they weren’t division rivals, but come on. 

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, MCM0313 said:

So, aside from sparsely used accent colors…the same basic scheme. I would understand if they weren’t division rivals, but come on. 

Gray is more than a "sparsely used accent color" for the Titans. It's secondary color used on every uniform element, and they don't use red on their uniforms other than logos. If the Texans keep red a secondary color it'll be just fine. You'll have a primary blue, secondary red team and a primary blue, secondary gray team. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, PaleVermilion81 said:

Gray is more than a "sparsely used accent color" for the Titans. It's secondary color used on every uniform element, and they don't use red on their uniforms other than logos. If the Texans keep red a secondary color it'll be just fine. You'll have a primary blue, secondary red team and a primary blue, secondary gray team. 

The Titans’ secondary color is light blue. The silver is kind of a tertiary, then they have red and dark grey competing to be quatrary. 

I don’t like the idea of two teams in the same division both having double-blue, even leaving out the red bit. 

Whether or not the Texans add light blue, I’d really like to see them make red their dominant color. 

• Facepalm 1